Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Play By Post > Aramis' pbp

Old March 4th, 2014, 03:49 AM
Administrator

Gallery : 56
Visit aramis's Blog
aramis has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to aramis Send a message via AIM to aramis Send a message via Yahoo to aramis

"Venus? Johnny? Aller à Vénus? Oh, quelle ironie! Tu n'as jamais voulu aller hors planète, et j'ai toujours voulu aller ... et Vénus!"

Smithers has a bit of a pallid look. "Oui. Vénus. Moi. Maine Je vais. Dites-mère, je te manquera à tous, et depuis des années." A quick, and formal embrace.

She takes both notes, makes change from her purse in the amount of 6£ 10/-, and disappears for some time. After about 15 minutes, she returns, "Where are you departing from?"

Archduke of Sylea (CORE 2118)
Duke of the Third Imperium (SPIN 0534)
Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
Count of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2232)
Viscount of Adabicci (SPIN 1824)
Marquis of the Solomani Rim (SOLO 0606)
Marquis of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2410)
Baron of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2231)
Knight of the Iridium Throne (CORE 1434)
Sir William Hostman (OLDE 0512)
Sir William Hostman (DAGU 0622)
Knight of Deneb (REFT 2239)
Knight of Deneb (Spin 2532)
SEH w/Diamonds for Extreme Heroism - Battle of Boughene
MCG - Battle of Boughene
TAS: William Hostman (CORR 2506)
TAS: Bearer (DAIB 1326)
IMTU ct+ tm++ tne tg-- tt+ tmo+ t4- t20+ to ru+ ge+ 3i+ c+ jt au ls pi+ ta he+ st+
Wil Hostman 0602 C539857-9 S A724
OTU: 95% 3i an+ au+ br- cpu± dt± f+ fs++ ge± ih- inf± j± jf+ jm+ jt+ ls- n= nc+ pi+ pp-- tp+ tr+ tv- vi-- xb+-
Unless there is bold red text, presume my posts to be my personal material only.
Old March 4th, 2014, 12:27 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramis View Post
She takes both notes, makes change from her purse in the amount of 6£ 10/-, and disappears for some time. After about 15 minutes, she returns, "Where are you departing from?"
[OOC: Is she giving too much change? Carson handed over 20£; two cases should be 14£ plus tax; seems Carson should receive about 5£ plus/minus some change, right? Also, is it normal practice to make change from personal funds rather than office funds?]

"Excuse me, Miss, but I think you've given me too much change back."

[Did she bring, or have brought by someone else, the two cases of ammo?]

[Does Carson observe any difference to explain the 15 minutes away?]
Obsvn 4 (4d6)[3][3][1][4](11)

"We are leaving from the Ord'nance Survey Director's House, big ol' front yard near the cricket ground; possibly tomorrow mornin', altho' th' officers don't seem to have officially agreed on that f' certain. Fancy new ship; combines an ether ship w' a airship; th' inventor is in charge of our expedition."

Imperial Core Update: In other news, Emperor Strephon Aella Alkhalikoi is... still alive.

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki: Reavers' Deep during The Long Night
Old March 4th, 2014, 02:06 PM
Administrator

Visit aramis's Blog
Send a message via ICQ to aramis Send a message via AIM to aramis Send a message via Yahoo to aramis

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBadger View Post
[OOC: Is she giving too much change? Carson handed over 20£; two cases should be 14£ plus tax; seems Carson should receive about 5£ plus/minus some change, right? Also, is it normal practice to make change from personal funds rather than office funds?]

"Excuse me, Miss, but I think you've given me too much change back."

[Did she bring, or have brought by someone else, the two cases of ammo?]

[Does Carson observe any difference to explain the 15 minutes away?]
Obsvn 4 [roll0]

"We are leaving from the Ord'nance Survey Director's House, big ol' front yard near the cricket ground; possibly tomorrow mornin', altho' th' officers don't seem to have officially agreed on that f' certain. Fancy new ship; combines an ether ship w' a airship; th' inventor is in charge of our expedition."
"Yes, perhaps I did." A coy smile. "Since it's closing time, I may as well drive you back there. The ammunition is heavy, and two cases is a good bit."

[ooc: I can't find the completed round mass for the .577 - but it's probably about 100g per shot. And the metal boxes are a kilo or so each. So about 25 pounds per case.]

[As for the time, he heard her go off into the warehouse.]

[As for change from person - it varies, but in many small businesses, I've seen it done. Never in ones I've worked for. One arcade, most of the staff were walking around with $100+ in quarters...]

Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
MCG - Battle of Boughene
IMTU ct+ tm++ tne tg-- tt+ tmo+ t4- t20+ to ru+ ge+ 3i+ c+ jt au ls pi+ ta he+ st+
OTU: 95% 3i an+ au+ br- cpu± dt± f+ fs++ ge± ih- inf± j± jf+ jm+ jt+ ls- n= nc+ pi+ pp-- tp+ tr+ tv- vi-- xb+-
Unless there is bold red text, presume my posts to be my personal material only.
Old March 4th, 2014, 05:55 PM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Quote:
"Yes, perhaps I did." A coy smile.
Carson will try to sort through the coins to make it right, although he won't make a big deal of it if she seems averse.

"I do need a receipt, Miss, if you don't mind. I'm hoping for reimbursement, since these are for the expedition."

Quote:
"Since it's closing time, I may as well drive you back there. The ammunition is heavy, and two cases is a good bit."
Carson answers immediately, without giving John time to decline. "Thank you, Miss, that would be very kind of you."

He then pauses a moment, trying to figure out a good way to phrase the next part. "We 'ad two more errands, very quick. If you'd prefer to just drop us at the ship with the ammo, we still have time t' do those on foot ourselves, or... well... if you'd like to see the ship, we'd have more time t' show you around if we could stop for those two errands on the way. Your choice, Miss, as y' were kind enough to offer." [Carson is trying very hard to speak correctly, with no dropped H's or other letters.]

[If she wants to just drop Carson and Smithers at the Director's House]
Carson will thank her profusely, load the two cases of ammo wherever she directs, and make sure that they don't forget to bring the two Jones rifles and first package of ammo.

[If she wants to take care of the errands first, so she can see the ship]
"I think the first stop ought to be the laundry down across from the Army warehouse by the docks. We were getting our dress uniforms cleaned for this thing the Major has on tonight, and, well... our second stop would be to see my Mother, and I'd like her to see me in uniform..." Carson is blushing again. "If you wouldn't mind, Miss?"

Imperial Core Update: In other news, Emperor Strephon Aella Alkhalikoi is... still alive.

My Old Stuff (2013-14)

Last edited by SpaceBadger; March 4th, 2014 at 08:19 PM.. Reason: added request for receipt
Old March 5th, 2014, 03:23 AM
Administrator

Visit aramis's Blog

Quote:
Carson will try to sort through the coins to make it right, although he won't make a big deal of it if she seems averse.

"I do need a receipt, Miss, if you don't mind. I'm hoping for reimbursement, since these are for the expedition."

Carson answers immediately, without giving John time to decline. "Thank you, Miss, that would be very kind of you."

He then pauses a moment, trying to figure out a good way to phrase the next part. "We 'ad two more errands, very quick. If you'd prefer to just drop us at the ship with the ammo, we still have time t' do those on foot ourselves, or... well... if you'd like to see the ship, we'd have more time t' show you around if we could stop for those two errands on the way. Your choice, Miss, as y' were kind enough to offer." [Carson is trying very hard to speak correctly, with no dropped H's or other letters.]

[If she wants to take care of the errands first, so she can see the ship]
"I think the first stop ought to be the laundry down across from the Army warehouse by the docks. We were getting our dress uniforms cleaned for this thing the Major has on tonight, and, well... our second stop would be to see my Mother, and I'd like her to see me in uniform..." Carson is blushing again. "If you wouldn't mind, Miss?"
"Certainly not an issue - but I'm adding a stop. A photographer. If you go around back, the horses are beside the cabriolet. Please hook them up, and I'll lock up."

Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
MCG - Battle of Boughene
Old March 5th, 2014, 11:00 AM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Quote:
"Certainly not an issue - but I'm adding a stop. A photographer. If you go around back, the horses are beside the cabriolet. Please hook them up, and I'll lock up."
Carson tucks the receipt into his breast pocket with the one from the previous shop, then gives John Smithers the two rifles and small bag with two boxes of ammo. Carson stacks the two cases of just-bought ammo and lifts them onto one shoulder for easier carrying, and goes out back to load them into the cabriolet. He then hooks up the horses into their harness and awaits John and Joanna Smithers.

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
Old March 5th, 2014, 10:20 PM
Administrator

Visit aramis's Blog

Quote:
Carson tucks the receipt into his breast pocket with the one from the previous shop, then gives John Smithers the two rifles and small bag with two boxes of ammo. He then hooks up the horses into their harness and awaits John and Ms. Smithers.

[ooc: (1) Joanna is his mother, (2) the carriage is out back, not in the warehouse proper, and (3) she's NOT provided the ammo yet.]

She comes to the cab with a hand truck, on it 4 cases of ammo, a rifle case, a small valise, and a bright red parasol which matches the red loden-cape she's added.

Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
MCG - Battle of Boughene
Old March 5th, 2014, 11:15 PM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Quote:
She comes to the cab with a hand truck, on it 4 cases of ammo, a rifle case, a small valise, and a bright red parasol which matches the red loden-cape she's added.
Carson will unload the hand truck into the cabriolet, then give Miss Smithers a hand up to the seat. Once all are aboard, he will ask Miss Smithers if she knows the laundry he had mentioned. If she does not, he will give directions.

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
Old March 5th, 2014, 11:44 PM
Administrator

Visit aramis's Blog

Quote:
Carson will unload the hand truck into the cabriolet, then give Miss Smithers a hand up to the seat. Once all are aboard, he will ask Miss Smithers if she knows the laundry he had mentioned. If she does not, he will give directions.
John makes certain that he's in the middle.

Within a few minutes, she's pulling up to the laundry.

She elects to wait in the carriage whilst Carson and John fetch their cleaning; a process that's quick, efficient, and shows the laundry staff to have read the regulations. Every crease exactly where it needs be, and even a repair of that loose button on Carson's tunic. And, for the first time ever, Smithers' stripes are correctly placed. "Seamstress was bored," justified the clerk.

As the boys return outside, "Where next?"

Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
MCG - Battle of Boughene
Old March 6th, 2014, 12:12 AM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Carson thanks the laundry staff and goes into the backroom to change into uniform and put his civilian clothes and shoes back into the knapsack. He will also put away the civvies that Smithers was wearing, assuming that Smithers wants to also get back into uniform.

Quote:
As the boys return outside, "Where next?"
"I guess that depends on where your photographer's place is located, Miss. Do you know Joseph Carson's bookshop? Would it be more direct to go there next, or to your photographer?"

My Old Stuff (2013-14)

Last edited by SpaceBadger; March 6th, 2014 at 12:25 AM..