Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > General Traveller Discussions > Imperial Research Station

Imperial Research Station A forum for discussing technology and related topics for use in the Traveller Universe

Old December 18th, 2011, 05:22 AM
Noble

Gallery : 0
mike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizen

It was a DGP Traveller's Digest article that brought us grav based cold berths.
Old December 18th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

BytePro Citizen

So, probably not 'official cannon', anyway.
"Traveller canon excludes articles published in Journal of the Travellers Aid Society, Challenge, and Travellers' Digest magazines, unless the articles have been re-published in another canon source. " - http://traveller.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Canon
Though I wouldn't be surprised such didn't show up in other publications.

At any rate - using gravitics for low-berths seems rather silly, but its all fiction. For my part, I'll stick to things a lot more believable on this one, especially as I have a useful bit of fluff developed already for my games.

And the OP's Cyrostatic Surgery concept fits well with it (just gotta makeup some game mechanics...)
Old December 18th, 2011, 12:17 PM
Noble

mike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizen

I wouldn't take that wiki definition of canon as canon, since there are an awful lot of JTAS and Challenge articles that are considered canonical
Old December 18th, 2011, 12:19 PM
Noble

Gallery : 12
Visit far-trader's Blog
far-trader Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BytePro View Post
So, probably not 'official cannon', anyway.
"Traveller canon excludes articles published in Journal of the Travellers Aid Society, Challenge, and Travellers' Digest magazines, unless the articles have been re-published in another canon source. " - http://traveller.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Canon
Though I wouldn't be surprised such didn't show up in other publications.
Well, not to defend, support, or otherwise endorse the grav-lowberth paradigm but Starship Operators Manual might have touched on the same tech iirc

Original material in this post may be employed for personal non-profit use with the origin noted. Any other use is subject to permission from the author. Contact me through the private message feature of this board.

Fund Rare Bard Rants - Donate your unused rants today!

Musings of an old Trader... (my CotI Travellog) updated - May 3 2012