Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > General Traveller Discussions > The Lone Star

The Lone Star Meet, greet and socialize with your fellow Travellers in the Lone Star Lounge. Random Topics.

Old October 22nd, 2010, 03:09 AM
Citizen: SOC-12

Gallery : 0
shadowdragon Citizen
Default Mats for tabletop play

I dont know if anyone has seen these but they are.... um... WOW!

http://www.terrainmat.com/index.html

Shad
Old October 23rd, 2010, 08:38 PM

Gallery : 13
soloprobe Citizen

That's awesome! I'm gonna tell My historical minis wargaming friends.........so they can STOP using a green blanket for places like the Shenendoah valley.........
Old October 24th, 2010, 02:48 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

JAFARR Citizen

It says they do custom maps. Wonder if MWM could get them to do a 3I series?

By the grace of His Imperial Majesty Strephon Aella Alkhalikoi, Baron of the Imperium. granted 241-1107
Old October 24th, 2010, 06:00 PM

nats Citizen

They are great now if only I could get some good 15mm standard starship plans as well I would be made - wonder how much they are?
Old October 25th, 2010, 03:01 PM
Citizen: SOC-13

Gallery : 41
Patron Zero Citizen++Patron Zero Citizen++Patron Zero Citizen++Patron Zero Citizen++
Send a message via Yahoo to Patron Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by nats View Post
They are great now if only I could get some good 15mm standard starship plans as well I would be made - wonder how much they are?
Unsure if this may be helpful but for starship deckplans that could withstand tabletop play with miniatures, I have made 'template' cutouts of the various Traveller universe ships for such a need.

Taking the available deckplans from published adventures and other sources, I rescaled such for 15mm use, then had said plan cut out and adhered to heavy cardstock, laminating the finished items to assure their durability.

A nice bit about having the plastic coated plans were the ability to 'mask' out areas yet seen by players with Post'em adhesive backed paper.
Old October 25th, 2010, 04:35 PM
Citizen: SOC-2

zerostate Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by nats View Post
Dragonfire Laser are licensed to sell laser etched versions of the Mongoose Traveller versions of the ships. The new owner James is going to rescale the 15mm grid too 1/2 inch grid for 15mm play over the next month or so, and 25mm plans are available too (as well as 15mm grid should anybody want that ). He is also improving the materials used as he was not happy with the originals as offered.

He is also going to expand the range of ships.

Note I don't have any yet, as my Scout ship is kind of the test ship for the new style.

Last edited by zerostate; October 25th, 2010 at 04:37 PM.. Reason: Spelling