Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > T4 - Marc Miller's Traveller

T4 - Marc Miller's Traveller Discussion of T4 - Marc Miller's Traveller from Imperium Games and the Milieu 0 setting.

Old January 9th, 2004, 03:23 AM
Citizen: SOC-1

Gallery : 0
de_mentor161 Citizen
Thumbs up

CT Book 5 High Guard introduced those incredibly powerful Spinal Mount Weapons, and of course the very cool Black Globe.

MT... Okay, I'm at a loss on this one. I think I had more fun with COACC and WBH than the design rules for vehicles in MT.

TNE FF&S introduced alternate forms of FTL travel and life without gravitics. And the ever popular, design your own Battle Dress.

T4 FF&S best new introduction in T4 was Life Support. Until T4, food was taken for granted. Now there are varying levels of packaged foods and the ever popular "Endurance Life Support." If you're lost in this, take a look at FF&S for the Endurance options: Algae Vats, Gardens, Small Animals, Large Animals.
Old January 9th, 2004, 03:23 AM
Citizen: SOC-1

de_mentor161 Citizen
Thumbs up

CT Book 5 High Guard introduced those incredibly powerful Spinal Mount Weapons, and of course the very cool Black Globe.

MT... Okay, I'm at a loss on this one. I think I had more fun with COACC and WBH than the design rules for vehicles in MT.

TNE FF&S introduced alternate forms of FTL travel and life without gravitics. And the ever popular, design your own Battle Dress.

T4 FF&S best new introduction in T4 was Life Support. Until T4, food was taken for granted. Now there are varying levels of packaged foods and the ever popular "Endurance Life Support." If you're lost in this, take a look at FF&S for the Endurance options: Algae Vats, Gardens, Small Animals, Large Animals.
Old January 19th, 2004, 03:55 PM
Citizen: SOC-9

mtgeiger Citizen
What MegaTraveller wanted to do is to standardized all the ships and vehicles into a system called the
Quote:
Universal Craft Profile
. This system covers anything from a small Air/raft to the largest Starship in the Traveller Universe. This tends to save on forms and paperwork for the Referee and the Players.
Old January 19th, 2004, 03:55 PM
Citizen: SOC-9

mtgeiger Citizen
What MegaTraveller wanted to do is to standardized all the ships and vehicles into a system called the
Quote:
Universal Craft Profile
. This system covers anything from a small Air/raft to the largest Starship in the Traveller Universe. This tends to save on forms and paperwork for the Referee and the Players.
Old February 16th, 2004, 03:27 PM
Citizen: SOC-12

Commander Drax Citizen
Smile

I liked the Universal Craft Profile and wish that future versions of traveller stuck with it, it was versatile and allowed every vehicle to be described in meaningful ways, that minimised inconvienience and allowed referees to easily pitch starships against people, air/rafts etc without having to seek out alternate rules.

I enjoy T4 and find some of the ideas useful but the treatment of vehicles and craft leave a lot to be desired. Who can ever forget the dreadful and meaningless 'Emporer's Vehicles' and the chronic 'Starships'

One reason why I like the UCP in MT was that it also gave details in the vehicle description that whilst they were not essential to play added colour and greatly helped in the visualisation of them, such as simple things like loaded and unloaded weights and configurations and streamling, not to mention the type and number of control panels installed, along with the computer model number and types of communicators/sensors installed etc.

MegaTraveller was far from perfect but i think it is the best balanced version of traveller yet, one that is not too complex like TNE or to simplistic like CT & T4.

Personally I think T4 was just a warmed over version of CT without the appeal, flair or atmosphere of CT.

Rant now over [img]smile.gif[/img]

Julian Menderes to the people of Asimikigr 048-179

http://www.the-children-of-earth.org"
Old February 16th, 2004, 03:27 PM
Citizen: SOC-12

Commander Drax Citizen
Smile

I liked the Universal Craft Profile and wish that future versions of traveller stuck with it, it was versatile and allowed every vehicle to be described in meaningful ways, that minimised inconvienience and allowed referees to easily pitch starships against people, air/rafts etc without having to seek out alternate rules.

I enjoy T4 and find some of the ideas useful but the treatment of vehicles and craft leave a lot to be desired. Who can ever forget the dreadful and meaningless 'Emporer's Vehicles' and the chronic 'Starships'

One reason why I like the UCP in MT was that it also gave details in the vehicle description that whilst they were not essential to play added colour and greatly helped in the visualisation of them, such as simple things like loaded and unloaded weights and configurations and streamling, not to mention the type and number of control panels installed, along with the computer model number and types of communicators/sensors installed etc.

MegaTraveller was far from perfect but i think it is the best balanced version of traveller yet, one that is not too complex like TNE or to simplistic like CT & T4.

Personally I think T4 was just a warmed over version of CT without the appeal, flair or atmosphere of CT.

Rant now over [img]smile.gif[/img]

Julian Menderes to the people of Asimikigr 048-179

http://www.the-children-of-earth.org"
Old February 16th, 2004, 07:36 PM
Citizen: SOC-13

Gallery : 2
Theophilus Citizen
TNE had an integrated system, ship, vehicles, battledress, weapons, all designed by the same system.
Old February 16th, 2004, 07:36 PM
Citizen: SOC-13

Gallery : 2
Theophilus Citizen
TNE had an integrated system, ship, vehicles, battledress, weapons, all designed by the same system.
Old February 17th, 2004, 04:22 AM
Noble

mike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizen
True, and just like MT it needed errata in places to make it work
It's still a good design system though.
T4's FF&S is almost as good, once you decipher it.
Having all the equations and charts at the back makes it a bit of a pain to use. I found that making a copy of the formulae and charts (for personal use only) made a big difference to ease of use.
Old February 17th, 2004, 04:22 AM
Noble

mike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizen
True, and just like MT it needed errata in places to make it work
It's still a good design system though.
T4's FF&S is almost as good, once you decipher it.
Having all the equations and charts at the back makes it a bit of a pain to use. I found that making a copy of the formulae and charts (for personal use only) made a big difference to ease of use.