Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > Mongoose Traveller

Mongoose Traveller Discussion forums for the Traveller rules from Mongoose Publishing.

Old January 26th, 2008, 10:19 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 0
tbeard1999 Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramis View Post
Quite honestly, I've been complaining about the LACK of lethality in combat, Ty.

Nerfing it further is of no benefit, you can't kill someone with one shot as it stands now.

My complaint is not lack of lethality per se. That's really something that should be calibrated by the referee IMHO. What I object to is the fact that the firer can predict with as much as 95% accuracy, what the result of his hit will be. In addition, I object to the fact that there's really only one combat result possible (2 if you count "dead"). Your fix does not really change this. And it adds unvarying lethality, which I do not consider to be desirable or necessary.

Of course, that isn't your fault -- you're trying tp work within an existing system But even a talented car mechanic might be unable to fix a badly designed car.

While I'm sure that fanboys can find some way to argue that this is a feature and not a bug, I am not impressed.

The designer seems so in love with his timing/effect mechanic that he's willing to force a crappy damage system just so he can needlessly integrate it with the mechanic. Sigh.