Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > General Traveller Discussions > In My Traveller Universe

In My Traveller Universe Detail what parts of Traveller you do (or don't) use in your campaign.

Old January 14th, 2019, 02:57 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 39
Visit Magnus von Thornwood's Blog
Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++
Question Thoughts on Travellers earning CrImps on the side.

So Supp4 posted a cool thread in the CT subforum on a topic I have considered for my Permatic Imperium ATU, the Personal Tech Level. Basically the concept that a PC has a TL that they are comfortable with having either grown up at that TL or by having served in some sort of Imperial Service. I dig it since I like me some crunch and considering I already use a Modified Aging Roll mechanic I have been cosidering something similar for my own ATU.

But that isn't actually the topic of this thread just the origin of this one. It got started when the discussion turned to how to implement it and as usual wandered off into various topics such as what TL is available to low tech worlds and that got into how long or far one has to travel to get certain services when the locals don't have the infrastructure. One example given was how rural cancer patients have to travel to distant locations to get some diagnostic or other medical services.

This made me wonder, could a ship like say a TL-C (12) Free Trader provide services at port for the locals of a low tech say TL-8 world like use of the autodoc or the high tech diagnostic gear?

For example: The locals doctors could give their best shot but then tell the patient that if they travel to the Starport in a week or so the ISS Taels of Yore gets in they should take Cr 500 and this scrip and see Doctor Smith who will run them through the ship's medical scanner and give them a report and perhaps a scrip.

Curious to what people think of the idea? Comments welcomed and encouraged!
Duke of Sinta, Count Smoug, Viscount Alell, Musayid, & Nii Khu, Marquis Malory & Phlume, Baron Donu-na,
Knight Retainer of the Emperor for Salla, Inarli, & Bhuur,
Knight Retainer of the Baron Jacha, Knight Retainer of the Baronet Kiind,
Knight of the Third Imperium for Trane,
Travellers' Aid Society Member #0543.

Thornwood-Daarnulud LLC

"Some annoying, some entertaining, a few informative, but, Always, Magnus."
dean

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.