Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > General Traveller Discussions > The Lone Star

The Lone Star Meet, greet and socialize with your fellow Travellers in the Lone Star Lounge. Random Topics.

Old April 10th, 2015, 12:08 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 0
Visit timerover51's Blog
timerover51 Beloved Citizentimerover51 Beloved Citizentimerover51 Beloved Citizentimerover51 Beloved Citizentimerover51 Beloved Citizentimerover51 Beloved Citizentimerover51 Beloved Citizentimerover51 Beloved Citizen
Default Vland Imperium

I came across this while going through Library Data, and it appears both in the Classic Library Data Supplement and also Mongoose Library Data, so I assume that it is as official and canonical as it can be.

Quote:
Finally, the Imperium took notice, and dispatched major fleet elements to the area, but the time for action had passed. Terran invention of the jump-3 drive made the ninth war a crushing victory for Terra and forced the Imperium to relinquish most of the Solomani Rim.
From this it appears that the Vland Imperium was limited to Jump-1 and Jump-2 drives. The questions that follow are based on this.

1. Did Vland only have Jump-1 and Jump-2 ships?

2. How long does it take to get from Vland to the vicinity of Terra at Jump-2?

3. Is there a route to Terra from Vland which only requires Jump-1 and Jump-2?

There is also a problem with this idea of limiting Vland to Jump-2, as looking at the Tonnage-Drive Table in Starter Traveller (which I have on my computer), Jump Drives F and G will give you Jump-3 in a 400 dTon ship verses Jump-2 in a 600 dTon Ship, while Jump Drive H will give Jump-4 in a 400 dTon ship verses Jump-2 in a 600 dTon ship. Even in a Small Ship universe, those are not very big ships. The listed Drives are available at Tech Level 10, which I assume represents the Vland Imperium Tech Level at a minimum.
Do you have a security clearance? 1 Dec. Blog Post. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElI451TxsTg, 3:24 in.
I march to my own set of bagpipes. Caution: This individual thinks that studying logistics is FUN.

They that go down to the sea in ships,
that do business in great waters;
These see the works of the LORD,
and his wonders in the deep.

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.