Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Traveller 5 > Traveller 5

Traveller 5 Discussion of the Fifth edition of Traveller, released Spring 2013.

Old November 3rd, 2013, 12:04 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 0
Supplement Four Citizen++Supplement Four Citizen++Supplement Four Citizen++Supplement Four Citizen++
Default T5 Question/Observation

I've been writing a couple of T5 task examples lately, and having not played T5, it has dawned on me through writing the examples that the This Is Hard Rule will kick in A LOT during a game.

This Is Hard says to add 1D to your task throw if the character's skill is not equal to or greater than the task's difficulty die code. For example, a character with Skill-2 will suffer the TIH penalty on Difficulty 3D tasks or harder ones.

So, my next thought would be: What kind of skill levels is a character likely to have when the character is fresh from character generation?

Isn't it a bunch of Skill-1 and Skill-2, with a few higher level skills mixed in?

If it is, then this means the TIH rule kicks in a great proportion of the time.

Let's hear from some people who've been playing T5. What has your experience with this been?

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.