Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Traveller 5 > Traveller 5

Traveller 5 Discussion of the Fifth edition of Traveller, released Spring 2013.

Old February 28th, 2015, 05:34 PM
Citizen: SOC-12

Gallery : 2
ovka Citizen+ovka Citizen+
Default Desert Worlds

So I've been lurking for a while, working on my own Traveller project. I have several questions to ask, but ... one at a time.

The first is about the De trade classification. In most of the older Traveller versions, the specification was hydrographics 0, and atmosphere 2+ (some dropped the atmosphere requirement). In my mind, that would include atmospheres A-F. In T5, atmospheres are specified as 2-9 for the De trade classification, which specifically excludes A-F. Is there a particular reason why?

I only ask because there are at least three worlds in the Spinward Marches (Zeta 2, Heroni, and Aramis/Aramis) that loose their De trade classification with this change, and Aramis/Aramis is specifically described in the CT Traveller Adventure as "swathed with a swirling corrosive atmosphere that makes life on its dry desert surface intolerable." I'm sure there are other examples to be found in other sectors.

Cheers,

Baron Ovka

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.