Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > Mongoose Traveller

Mongoose Traveller Discussion forums for the Traveller rules from Mongoose Publishing.

Old May 5th, 2008, 01:47 PM
Citizen: SOC-12

Gallery : 0
casquilho Citizen
Default Thought you might find this funny...

So I have finished reading the new Mongoose Traveller and thought I would make a couple of new characters just to play with it. I did elect to use the Iron Man option so what happened next is my fault. I made two characters and both died in character creation. Both died on the second term close.

So I hope this is not a sign.

Daniel
Old May 6th, 2008, 08:48 AM
Citizen: SOC-7

mhensley Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by casquilho View Post
So I have finished reading the new Mongoose Traveller and thought I would make a couple of new characters just to play with it. I did elect to use the Iron Man option so what happened next is my fault. I made two characters and both died in character creation. Both died on the second term close.

So I hope this is not a sign.

Daniel
It is. It's a sign you shouldn't use the Iron Man option.

I really like the system so far. Here's my first character-

Drake Tungsten - 38yo retired Scout (5 terms)
STR- 7
DEX- 7
END- 9 (+1)
INT- 8
EDU- 11 (+1)
SOC- 4 (-1)

Astrogation- 3, Pilot(spacecraft)- 1, Pilot(smallcraft)- 1, Mechanic- 1, Comms- 1, Energy Pistol- 1, Xenology- 1, Vacc Suit- 1, Streetwise- 1, Jack of all Trades- 1, Navigation- 1, Computer- 0, Trade- 0, Drive- 0, Carouse- 0, Survival- 0

50,000 Credits, TL11 Laser Pistol
Old May 6th, 2008, 09:22 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Jame Citizen

Well, the first two characters I rolled up had, excepting one or two fairly good stats, fairly poor stats (766459 and A55597). Just a reminder why I roll per-year instead of per-term.
Member #5, Bring Back T5 in LBBs.

"Unfortunately, the Publishers regret that they can enter into no correspondence on this matter. If the Publishers are involved in any correspondence, they shall trace and revoke your mail priveleges."

Baron Damaascaa Towns, Kiikigulii, 1735 Sakhag/Antares