Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > Mongoose Traveller

Mongoose Traveller Discussion forums for the Traveller rules from Mongoose Publishing.

Old March 6th, 2008, 09:39 PM
Baron

Gallery : 79
Visit Darkhstarr's Blog
Darkhstarr has disabled reputation

These kinds of threads do tend to amuse me since they always seem to go into two directions. One directions is trying to judge a SF game with speculative technology with current technology. The second seems to revolve around books, TV shows, or movies liked or disliked (mostly the latter) with the technology/weapons they employ with usually negative effects. A good example is the energy sword, an old standby in SF (laser, plasma, lightning, etc., etc.,). Since the advent of Star Wars (the Lightsaber, admittedly, neat name), the energy sword seems so synonymous with that series that most people won't use an energy blade in their campaigns (other than mine, I've only seem to other GM's, one online & one I played with back in the 80's). Admittedly much of the weapons & equipment I've designed over the years are pretty wacked & some are too silly or R-NC17rated to post or admit too. But I think sometimes SF, & SF games need a little sense of wonder & a little bizarreness sometimes.

"That which does not kill you has made a tactical error." Rule #35 of 'The 7 Habits of Highly Successful Pirates'.

"Sometimes your purpose in life is to be a bad example." Baron Manaxian Roakheil Darkhstarr