Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Play By Post > Space Badger's Reaver's Deep

Space Badger's Reaver's Deep SpaceBadger's SBRD game

Old October 15th, 2013, 03:37 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveChase View Post
I am willing to try and continue. But it will late Wednesday or Thursday before I know more about me to make such a determination
Quote:
Originally Posted by atpollard View Post
I don't see any particular reason to detail out the time in jump. *snip*
Perhaps we should set aside one week in real time for the week in jump.
Then anyone who wants to do something can and at the end of the week, the ship exits jump and the adventure moves forward. Just an idea. I'll follow whatever the rest of the group wants to do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritz_Brown View Post
I like atpollard's idea of giving us a week of Real Time, and if no RP happens in jump, then we pop out and carry on.
I also like this idea for future Jumps.

For this Jump from Devonia to Nexus, we've already had about three weeks realtime, so how about we say Jump Exit will be Friday 10/18? That will be after Dave has more info on his ability to continue, and should allow time for me to hear back from sabredog as to his preferences on temporarily putting Hampton on the shelf (we talked about this once before and already agreed that running the Captain as an NPC would be a bad idea - Captain should be a PC).
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki
Old October 15th, 2013, 06:12 PM

Gallery : 43
Visit atpollard's Blog
atpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBadger View Post
I also like this idea for future Jumps.

For this Jump from Devonia to Nexus, we've already had about three weeks realtime, so how about we say Jump Exit will be Friday 10/18? That will be after Dave has more info on his ability to continue, and should allow time for me to hear back from sabredog as to his preferences on temporarily putting Hampton on the shelf (we talked about this once before and already agreed that running the Captain as an NPC would be a bad idea - Captain should be a PC).
10/18 works for me.

Perhaps the captain is in one of those moods ... and when he is in one of those moods, two things happen ...
(1) he locks himself in his cabin for days, or weeks or months
(2) nobody disturbs him until he comes out on his own

... so who is the XO/First officer?

Isn't the chain of command on a free trader typically captain, pilot, navigator, engineer?
Old October 15th, 2013, 08:38 PM

Visit Fritz_Brown's Blog
Fritz_Brown has disabled reputation

I believe Kalos is 1st Officer. Donoma is 2d Officer.
Old October 15th, 2013, 08:40 PM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Quote:
10/18 works for me.

Perhaps the captain is in one of those moods ... and when he is in one of those moods, two things happen ...
(1) he locks himself in his cabin for days, or weeks or months
(2) nobody disturbs him until he comes out on his own
My impression from sabredog is that we need to be thinking more long term than just "one of those moods" but he hasn't gotten back to me yet on that.

Quote:
... so who is the XO/First officer?

Isn't the chain of command on a free trader typically captain, pilot, navigator, engineer?
*Sigh*

Game Start Post

Crew Roster

Fortunate Son (see p.12)

Player Character List

I'm sure it's all listed two or three more places as well, but these were the first few that popped into my head.
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

SBRD Campaign Wiki
Old October 16th, 2013, 02:05 AM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Just spoke w sabredog and we have Hampton's story worked out to take him safely away from the ship until sabredog is ready to return.

We're not sure if he is going to be able to post up to Hampton's departure; if not, then I will write Hampton's stuff as an NPC according to what we worked out.

If anybody wants to do anything else while in Jump, you have until Friday to post it!

SBRD Campaign Wiki
Old October 19th, 2013, 02:13 PM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Actions Up to Docking

Anybody wanting to do anything before or during the Customs inspection, or between that and docking at the highport?

If so, please post. If not, I will post this evening and describe the customs procedure (to give you a taste of how things are different in this system from Devonia ) and then move along to docking.

Anybody wants to have a chat with Hampton before he leaves the ship on extended sabbatical should speak up prior to docking, as he will have his arrangements made to leave shortly after.

After docking, y'all are going to need to post as to what you want your characters to do - buy supplies, go look for contacts of various kinds, etc. I'm writing a lot right now to resolve stuff about getting Hampton on his way, but then y'all need to take over - otherwise I am just writing everything myself!

Also, depending on profits from lanthanum, decide whether you want to finish up maintenance here at Nexus (Class B starport, Tech Level 11) or wait for someplace else like Freehold (Class A starport Tech Level 10). Another factor to consider is Law Level; Nexus is 10 (very strict, lots of red tape and permits) whereas Freehold is LL 0 - as long as you are not hurting the interests of Freehold or its citizens, they don't care much what you do, or what you buy or install on your ship.

SBRD Campaign Wiki
Old October 22nd, 2013, 10:32 PM
Absent Friend

Gallery : 71
DaveChase Citizen

had another minor surgery today

met with the doctor tomorrow for what takes place in the future

any way, I may be home soon so maybe that I can start posting this weekend

Things are slightly better, but then we haven't even got to addressing the cancer part yet
Old October 24th, 2013, 06:12 PM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Right now just waiting for Kalos to take the helm and maneuver the ship to Highport dock according to instructions that Donoma downloaded.

- After docking, Nero and his associates can take the primary responsibility for customs clearance of his freight, but y'all need to have someone involved since the freight is stuck on your ship until clearance is granted, so any inspections will be occurring in Cargo Bay of Fortunate Son. Plus y'all have some stake in that freight as you will be getting paid according to profits of sale

- Y'all will need to decide if you want to just lump your 1/8 ton of lanthanum in w what Nero is selling or try to make your own separate deal on that. Y'all also have some Wood that would sell for a good price here, and might want to roll and see what you could get for the Electronics, although profits on those would be higher on a lower tech world.

- I'm going to have a go at the speculative cargo procedure from Mongoose Traveller, as it provides for interesting variations depending on what social skills are being used to seek opportunities. It appears to me that usage of Broker skill is for accessing the standard listings and making deals w port brokers, while Admin may hook into deals with the port administration or local government, Streetwise may get underworld connections or shady cargo, Carousing may lead to random connections in taverns, Liaison is sort of general purpose or may add bonus to other social skills. Steward applies to finding passengers through regular port channels. Not clear on what may help w connections with other traders in port; seems like there should be something better than just Carousing - maybe an amalgam of Trader skill w # of terms in Merchant careers.

- anyway, aside from what is found on the listings, y'all will be responsible for roleplaying out any use of social skills as outlined above to track down possibly more interesting and profitable freight, cargo, and passengers.

- Are you getting any maintenance/repairs done here, or waiting to do that elsewhere? Nexus is one TL higher than Freehold and could potentially upgrade some of your Bridge equipment and computer if nothing else; on the other hand, as Max noted rather succinctly, the Law Level here is more likely to get y'all into trouble the longer you stay here.

- Anything else anyone wants to do as far as exploring Nexus Highport, looking for patrons or contacts or cargo or whatever.

SBRD Campaign Wiki
Old October 26th, 2013, 07:14 PM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Planning to dock bow or stern to the Highport? It will work either way, I'd just like to know in case it becomes important for some reason later on.

SBRD Campaign Wiki
Old October 26th, 2013, 07:34 PM

Gallery : 5
Visit sabredog's Blog
sabredog Citizen+sabredog Citizen+sabredog Citizen+

Hey all....I know I'm not active right now but I saw this and figured I'd throw in two cents regarding the ship design.

The stern doors are designed to be used as a large airlock with the inner doors that are usually up. The space inside the the inner and outer doors is large enough to allow for two or three cargo containers if needed even with the inner doors shut. The rear doors also have the external gantry/hoist system to facilitate loading the hold in low grav and/or in space.

The reason for the airlock arrangement is to make that space loading/unloading possible without having to decompress the hold in case that was desirable for some reason. Like if you were in a toxic atmosphere or even in space and have delicate cargo or something on board.

There are also man-doors in the inner and outer stern roll-ups so you can keep the main ones shut.

So....the advantage to docking stern-first is that you don't have to put the nose up to access the bay, and thereby maybe have a problem with undocking in a hurry or under less than ideal environmental conditions. It is safer and more efficient for a lot of reasons easily imagined to dock her stern-first. So long as at least the inner stern doors can be shut, the ship can be sealed for space. And for security reasons it means you can still lock up the ship while away and docked to a highport - can't do that with the nose-on docking.

OK< back to work on my papers.

tc++ ru ge+ !3i c+@ jt au ls pi+ he+