Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Play By Post > Space Badger's Reaver's Deep

Space Badger's Reaver's Deep SpaceBadger's SBRD game

Old October 10th, 2013, 05:10 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 5
Visit sabredog's Blog
sabredog Citizen+sabredog Citizen+sabredog Citizen+

At the academy and defensive tactics training we used "hit suits" so we could do full-force training without anyone getting hurt. Even used shock knives and simunition to "cut" and "shoot" each other. I have a scar where one simunition round got between armor pads. Good times.

A shock knife: http://www.policehq.com/Products/SHK...E#.UlcIrxARlqI

Hit suits: http://www.redmangear.com/

Simunition: http://simunition.com/en/products/fx_marking_cartridges

So I imagine there might be some higher tech versions in the Traveller universe.

tc++ ru ge+ !3i c+@ jt au ls pi+ he+
Old October 11th, 2013, 01:26 AM

Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritz_Brown View Post
Gloves. Not the big ones, but gloves, nonetheless.
Yeah, after I posted that I did some googling and reading up on UFC and mixed martial arts as a sport. They wear special gloves designed to reduce hand injuries from striking while still leaving fingers free to grab and grapple. I guess I'll leave Jordan's proposal as is; so far have not had any response from Gayne.
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki
Old October 11th, 2013, 08:34 PM
Absent Friend

Gallery : 71
DaveChase Citizen

Hello friends.

I haven't been posting much of late, but I do check in at least daily.

Just an update on me if you care

My cancer is back and it worse than when we found it a year ago. The doctor gave me more pain meds and has increased the dosage so that I can deal with the pain.

We tried Chemo again, but I had 2 severe side effects during the chemo and we had to stop. I am currently scheduled to see another Cancer doctor/clinic to see what other options I have. We know what is wrong (cancer wise, but there are other issues making things worse) but do not know which treatment will work.

Later this month, I most likely will be going into either a clinic or hospital for extended periods of time during our attempts to fight the cancer.

Life is still good. I wake up each morning in pain. And yes that is good, because it means that I am still alive. And that is better than the other way.

I plan on living for 30 more years or so, but only time will tell who wins that bet.

Have a good one.

Dave Chase
Old October 12th, 2013, 01:41 AM

Gallery : 5
Visit sabredog's Blog
sabredog Citizen+sabredog Citizen+sabredog Citizen+

Good God, Dave - I'm never complaining about my situation again.

You're in my prayers, keep fighting. Never give up.

tc++ ru ge+ !3i c+@ jt au ls pi+ he+
Old October 13th, 2013, 12:39 AM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Here is the post that I mentioned from a few days back, in which Jordan invites Gayne and Bruno to some brawling work-out time:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBadger View Post
Passenger Lester Jordan (Nero's assistant/bodyguard) places a three-way conference comm through Jarvis to Gayne and Bruno, requesting that the call not be connected until all three are available.

"Gentlemen," he begins, "I grow bored with solo workouts. If the two of you are willing, I propose a little one-on-one workout, freestyle, with practice rules to minimize injuries. Jarvis has advised me that there is sufficient free space in the main cargo hold, and cargo mats also available. What do you say to some 30-30-30s, or perhaps 60s or 90s?"

[OOC: What he is suggesting is some practice brawling, w no rules as to style, but practice rules to avoid blows or holds that are likely to result in injury. 30-30-30s would be rotations of 30 seconds - A vs B, then B vs C, then C vs A, etc. 60s or 90s tend to be less about concentrated energy, more a test of endurance.]
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

SBRD Campaign Wiki
Old October 13th, 2013, 05:20 PM

Visit Fritz_Brown's Blog
Fritz_Brown has disabled reputation

You're in my prayers, Dave.
Old October 15th, 2013, 05:26 AM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Gentlemen, I have just heard from sabredog, and due to personal health issues he finds it necessary to take a break from our game. I have told him that he is welcome back at any time, either as Hampton or just running an NPC for awhile.

We haven't decided yet what way in-game we will explain Hampton's absence - handiest method to have him out of the way but available to come back quickly would be some injury that requires putting him in a low berth, but then we raise the question of why the crew doesn't drop everything else to devote their efforts to getting him healed and revived. I've asked sabredog for his thoughts on this and will go along with what he wants to do.

In the meantime - until we figure out what to do with Hampton and arrange a succession in command - there are some issues to decided on pushing the game forward:

1) the ship tour and mingling with passengers - does anybody want to take over for Hampton on this and roleplay it out, or should we just mark it as "done"?

2) Jordan's idea of some sparring practice - w Sam temporarily out and Henry on NPC status, this really just falls to whether Chaos is interested in gaming some of this out, or again just marking it as "done" and moving along

3) Ship repairs - is ATP or anyone else interested in gaming any of this out, or shall I just roll for any problems or delays and otherwise mark it "done"?

4) otherwise and in general, is there anything else that anyone wants to roleplay out while in Jump, or would y'all prefer to skip ahead to Jump Exit in Nexus system and get back to the adventures and profits?

SBRD Campaign Wiki
Old October 15th, 2013, 08:20 AM
Absent Friend

Gallery : 71
DaveChase Citizen

I am willing to try and continue. But it will late Wednesday or Thursday before I know more about me to make such a determination
Old October 15th, 2013, 09:28 AM

Gallery : 43
Visit atpollard's Blog
atpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesome

I don't see any particular reason to detail out the time in jump. I have lots of real life on my plate right now ... nothing as serious as the health issues others are struggling with, just busy at work ... so I am still in, but participation is sort of hit and miss for me.

So for this jump, Max is busy with his steward duties and repairs and just doesn't have much to say to the passengers.

Perhaps we should set aside one week in real time for the week in jump.
Then anyone who wants to do something can and at the end of the week, the ship exits jump and the adventure moves forward. Just an idea. I'll follow whatever the rest of the group wants to do.
Old October 15th, 2013, 12:41 PM

Visit Fritz_Brown's Blog
Fritz_Brown has disabled reputation

I like atpollard's idea of giving us a week of Real Time, and if no RP happens in jump, then we pop out and carry on. The only reason for more RP in jump for me would be to reveal more about Donoma. I'm OK with pressing on at this point.

Remember: this is a PbP, so if we slow things down, it isn't a tragedy. But it is nice to keep it sort of steady. All of you are in my prayers.