Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register


Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Play By Post > Space Badger's Reaver's Deep

Space Badger's Reaver's Deep SpaceBadger's SBRD game

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old October 5th, 2013, 11:20 PM
DaveChase's Avatar
DaveChase DaveChase is offline
Absent Friend
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: North Central Kansas
Posts: 2,349
Gallery : 71
DaveChase Citizen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
"I Figured we could use this incident as either one big favor, or as a lot of goodwill spread out, but maybe not both. I think Nero likes to pay his bills once and be done with it."

"So I was of considering using him as a continuing source of ores for speculative cargoes as part of whatever regular route we establish and be able to leverage pretty favorable prices - plus see if he has some other contacts in this business we can use. But maybe a big favor is in order, too - I'm just not sure what it would be. Do you have any ideas on the subject?"
'Well if we were not going to make a good size profit on this adventure, I would say stick it to him. But in this case, I think playing up the good will and we take care of our own, which includes those who are friends of ours, could pay off.'

'Nero has to have some more contacts that we could use if not at least a solid business rep, which could work to our benefit when dealing with others. Maybe get an official letter of introduction from him before we part ways, that we could use as needed with a few other mining or processing groups that we may deal with in the future.'



OOC Doc has another subject to discuss with the Captain once they are done with Nero.
__________________
'We have no choice about the world we are born into.
We only have a choice of the world we leave behind when we die.' Capt J.T. Kirk
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old October 6th, 2013, 03:00 AM
sabredog sabredog is offline
Citizen: SOC-14
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Portland
Posts: 2,615
Gallery : 5
Visit sabredog's Blog
sabredog Citizen+sabredog Citizen+sabredog Citizen+
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveChase View Post
Doc needs to talk with the Captain while in Jump
Ah! Found the right thread. I kept going to the old one and finally noticed the "closing this thread" bit and realized I had posted to this one and lost the link.

So what's up?
__________________
"I may have been grown in a vat, but I wasn't decanted yesterday."

tc++ ru ge+ !3i c+@ jt au ls pi+ he+
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old October 6th, 2013, 03:45 AM
Fritz_Brown's Avatar
Fritz_Brown Fritz_Brown is offline
Citizen: SOC-14
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 5,032
Gallery : 1
Visit Fritz_Brown's Blog
Fritz_Brown has disabled reputation
Default Donoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBadger View Post
Sounds reasonable, and that would take care of the 32 person-hours that Max had figured needed. If Donoma runs into any snags (just roll 6+ w Mech, Elec and Grav DMs) just add on 2 hours or grab somebody else to help out (if you don't want to bother rolling, I think we can assume it all gets finished during jump).
[8+2 = 10]
And, yes, taking her time, making sure it's right not quick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBadger View Post
Janna is friendly to Donoma, an interesting blend of "girly girl" and professional spacer. She likes her Steward duties best, interacting w passengers and crew to make their travel comfortable. She regards cargo-handling as just another task that she has to do to keep her job, but isn't real excited about it. She also does not have much interest in technical skills like Engr/Mech/Elec.

What she really loves to do when duty requires or allows is to get in her Vaccsuit and go outside to look around - somehow seeing with just her own eyes (plus helmet augments) is so much better than seeing it all with instruments and detectors. However, she will be very interested in any info that Donoma wants to talk about regarding Navigation and stars and planets and other bodies in space.
Donoma spends some time with Janna, talking and such. And, yes, they talk about stars and such. About the fourth day, they start spending a dedicated hour or two together, closeted away somewhere.
__________________
1836! Come and take it!
IMTU tc++ ru+ ge+ 3i+ c+ jt au pi+ he+ t5(LBB0020)+ and tp++ (that's Proto-Traveller!)
My CotI blog!
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old October 6th, 2013, 05:12 PM
SpaceBadger SpaceBadger is offline
Citizen: SOC-14
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,361
Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen
Default Fortunate Son (1330 shiptime, 3731-08-16)

Passenger Lester Jordan (Nero's assistant/bodyguard) places a three-way conference comm through Jarvis to Gayne and Bruno, requesting that the call not be connected until all three are available.

"Gentlemen," he begins, "I grow bored with solo workouts. If the two of you are willing, I propose a little one-on-one workout, freestyle, with practice rules to minimize injuries. Jarvis has advised me that there is sufficient free space in the main cargo hold, and cargo mats also available. What do you say to some 30-30-30s, or perhaps 60s or 90s?"

[OOC: What he is suggesting is some practice brawling, w no rules as to style, but practice rules to avoid blows or holds that are likely to result in injury. 30-30-30s would be rotations of 30 seconds - A vs B, then B vs C, then C vs A, etc. 60s or 90s tend to be less about concentrated energy, more a test of endurance.]
__________________
--
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old October 6th, 2013, 07:43 PM
sabredog sabredog is offline
Citizen: SOC-14
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Portland
Posts: 2,615
Gallery : 5
Visit sabredog's Blog
sabredog Citizen+sabredog Citizen+sabredog Citizen+
Default

Once Nero decides he's ready to stretch his legs Hampton will be happy to give him and his wife a tour of the ship. We can RP it, so ....

Hampton will knock on Nero's stateroom door and ask how he's doing, if there is anything he needs?
__________________
"I may have been grown in a vat, but I wasn't decanted yesterday."

tc++ ru ge+ !3i c+@ jt au ls pi+ he+
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old October 6th, 2013, 07:47 PM
SpaceBadger SpaceBadger is offline
Citizen: SOC-14
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,361
Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
Once Nero decides he's ready to stretch his legs Hampton will be happy to give him and his wife a tour of the ship. We can RP it, so ....

Hampton will knock on Nero's stateroom door and ask how he's doing, if there is anything he needs?
"Hello, Captain." Nero stands and greets Hampton. "I believe I'm doing fairly well, thanks in large part to you and your crew, and the excellent medical attention of Doctor Freeman."

Marisa steps forward to touch Hampton's arm. "Can I get you anything?" She laughs. "I guess that is silly; this is your ship, but it is habit. Would you like me to ask Jarvis for anything?"
__________________
--
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old October 7th, 2013, 07:13 PM
sabredog sabredog is offline
Citizen: SOC-14
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Portland
Posts: 2,615
Gallery : 5
Visit sabredog's Blog
sabredog Citizen+sabredog Citizen+sabredog Citizen+
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBadger View Post
"Hello, Captain." Nero stands and greets Hampton. "I believe I'm doing fairly well, thanks in large part to you and your crew, and the excellent medical attention of Doctor Freeman."

Marisa steps forward to touch Hampton's arm. "Can I get you anything?" She laughs. "I guess that is silly; this is your ship, but it is habit. Would you like me to ask Jarvis for anything?"
Hampton smiles and nods his head, "Oh don't worry, I'm glad your feeling at home here. I wish the accommodations were better for you, and if there's anything yo need just ask and we'll try our best to get it taken care of. Some coffee would be great, ma'am, just black, please."

To Nero he says, "So, glad to see you're still with us! That was a close run thing back there." He turns to Marisa, "It's not often I encounter a businessman of your husband's acumen who is also ready to run to the sound of the guns to protect his business! Your husband is quite the man."
__________________
"I may have been grown in a vat, but I wasn't decanted yesterday."

tc++ ru ge+ !3i c+@ jt au ls pi+ he+
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old October 9th, 2013, 10:37 PM
SpaceBadger SpaceBadger is offline
Citizen: SOC-14
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,361
Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
Hampton smiles and nods his head, "Oh don't worry, I'm glad your feeling at home here. I wish the accommodations were better for you, and if there's anything yo need just ask and we'll try our best to get it taken care of. Some coffee would be great, ma'am, just black, please."
Marisa relays the request to Jarvis, then steps out to the passenger lounge, and she brings the steaming cup and hands it to Hampton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
To Nero he says, "So, glad to see you're still with us! That was a close run thing back there." He turns to Marisa, "It's not often I encounter a businessman of your husband's acumen who is also ready to run to the sound of the guns to protect his business! Your husband is quite the man."
Marisa smiles and waves a casual hand toward her husband. "You'd be surprised. Nero is one of those Imperial Marines who are proud of their service but don't make a habit of talking about it all the time."

Nero looks a bit embarrassed. "Not that anyone would know it from my shining example of 'how to get shot' tactics the other night. Just got mad, and that's a good way to get dead. Lucky for me that Dave was a lousy shot, Kalos was there to grab me, and Doc was on hand to patch me up. Relying too much on luck is another good way to get dead."
__________________
--
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old October 9th, 2013, 11:40 PM
SpaceBadger SpaceBadger is offline
Citizen: SOC-14
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,361
Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBadger View Post
Passenger Lester Jordan (Nero's assistant/bodyguard) places a three-way conference comm through Jarvis to Gayne and Bruno, requesting that the call not be connected until all three are available.

"Gentlemen," he begins, "I grow bored with solo workouts. If the two of you are willing, I propose a little one-on-one workout, freestyle, with practice rules to minimize injuries. Jarvis has advised me that there is sufficient free space in the main cargo hold, and cargo mats also available. What do you say to some 30-30-30s, or perhaps 60s or 90s?"

[OOC: What he is suggesting is some practice brawling, w no rules as to style, but practice rules to avoid blows or holds that are likely to result in injury. 30-30-30s would be rotations of 30 seconds - A vs B, then B vs C, then C vs A, etc. 60s or 90s tend to be less about concentrated energy, more a test of endurance.]
Bruno says, "Sure, sounds like fun. Whatcha think, Gayne?"
__________________
--
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old October 10th, 2013, 01:27 AM
sabredog sabredog is offline
Citizen: SOC-14
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Portland
Posts: 2,615
Gallery : 5
Visit sabredog's Blog
sabredog Citizen+sabredog Citizen+sabredog Citizen+
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBadger View Post
Nero looks a bit embarrassed. "Not that anyone would know it from my shining example of 'how to get shot' tactics the other night. Just got mad, and that's a good way to get dead. Lucky for me that Dave was a lousy shot, Kalos was there to grab me, and Doc was on hand to patch me up. Relying too much on luck is another good way to get dead."
"Yes, it is, though I have to confess at least hoping for some luck more than once in my life when in sticky situations. But speaking of Kalos and Doc, I understand you'd like a tour of the ship? How about we take our coffee along - if you feel up to it? - and we take a walk around the ship? I'll give you a more formal introduction to the crew as I give you the cook's tour."

Hampton punches up the crew intercom - "Officer staff - including Gayne and Henry, to the crew lounge in 5 minutes. I want you to meet our passengers there."
__________________
"I may have been grown in a vat, but I wasn't decanted yesterday."

tc++ ru ge+ !3i c+@ jt au ls pi+ he+
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SBRD] IC Game: Chapter 01 (Devonia) SpaceBadger Space Badger's Reaver's Deep 968 October 13th, 2013 12:31 AM
[SBRD] OOC Discussion: Chapter 01 SpaceBadger Space Badger's Reaver's Deep 767 October 13th, 2013 12:29 AM
[SBRD] IC Game: Chapter 00 (Doc's hiring) DaveChase Space Badger's Reaver's Deep 66 August 23rd, 2013 09:38 AM
[Your opinion/ advice on] Tablet-PCs (Nexus 7 and others) LiamKerrington Random Static 11 March 21st, 2013 01:10 PM
Non-OTU: Implications of Jump Points or Wormhole Nexus SpaceBadger The Lone Star 8 February 2nd, 2013 03:09 PM

This website and its contents are copyright ©2010-2013 Far Future Enterprises. All rights reserved. Traveller is a registered trademark of Far Future Enterprises .
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright (c) 2010-2013, Far Future Enterprises. All Rights Reserved.