Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Traveller 5 > Traveller 5

Traveller 5 Discussion of the Fifth edition of Traveller, released Spring 2013.

Old February 12th, 2015, 05:30 AM
Citizen: SOC-1

Gallery : 0
Nurien Citizen
Default Char Gen Issues with Homeworld Generation...Help Requested

Never played Traveller before, but heard good things about it, so I picked up a copy of the Traveller5 rulebook to see about using it for an upcoming game.

The rulebook was quite dense, but that wasn't a drawback...I've played plenty of other game systems and have a solid wargaming background, so lots of rules and flexible options is a feature, not a bug.

I read my way up to the character generation part, and it seems like an interesting approach to building up a backstory, so I decided to give it a test run.

Wow! I can't even get off the first page before I'm totally lost... Let me know if you want the gory details of my endeavor, but after spending 10-15 minutes trying to figure out how the homeworld generation works, I had so many questions I wasn't sure I was doing any of it right. There's a lot of stuff that is never explained, abbreviations not identified... I'm wondering if there is a forum somewhere for new player help, or perhaps someone has written a "Char Gen for Dummies" guide?

I was able to skip the homeworld part and make some sense out of the profession system and the rest of chargen, but still had questions. And any resources on the homeworld stuff would be especially helpful.

I hate to bother veteran players with questions that are likely obvious to them, so any pointers to useful resources would be much appreciated!

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.