Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Play By Post > Space Badger's Reaver's Deep

Space Badger's Reaver's Deep SpaceBadger's SBRD game

Old June 25th, 2014, 09:44 PM
Citizen: SOC-12

Gallery : 0
ErianFrost Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladika View Post
Secure Comm to Fortunate Son:

Kalos, any idea of what ransom, reward or payoff this Nero guy is willing to put up to get the Mrs. back? Also, will Fortunate Son transport these two protectors off planet for resettlement? If possible I'd like to try subverting them for a price, and safety. Once the Mrs. is free, transport them, 1st Class or Low Birth, or for all I care space them.
[OOC: I'm guessing this is taking place after the conversation in Niven's office.]

Secure comm to Victor Rotha:

I suspect he'd give everything he has, plus anything he can acquire, to ensure his wife's safety. Regarding the corrupt Protectors, I imagine their lifespan will not be too terribly long. I'll do what I can to persuade Vulpinerrin to let you speak with them first.

Quote:
On a personal note; I've been alone on the edge to long and starting to lose perspective. I'd like to get this wrapped up and a good 3 day snooze, get drunk, and sleep for 3 more days. Then think about getting some real rest.
I myself am quite looking forward to a long stretch of uneventful days in Jump. The sooner we're gone from Nexus, the better.
Old June 26th, 2014, 12:12 AM
Citizen: SOC-9

SType Citizen
Default Nexus-Under, 1830, 3731-08-24

As soon as everyone has cleared out of his office, Niven sits down and begins making calls on his comm, with two objectives:

1) Learn who he needs to contact (and how to contact them) in order to immediately obtain the following items:

-6 suits of combat armor
-12 breaching charges
-20 stun grenades
-12 flashbangs
-2 gauss rifles
-2 gauss rifles w/ attached grenade launchers
-4 high explosive dual purpose grenades

2) Learn the activities subsequent to arrival (including current whereabouts, if possible) of the two men who arrived in Nexus Under at 1935 3731-08-23 transporting a single 1/4 dTon shipping container.

[OOC: If appropriate at this time, my 2d6 rolls, before modifiers, for the relevant Streetwise checks are 12 and 2 respectively.]

Last edited by SpaceBadger; July 8th, 2014 at 03:28 AM.. Reason: timestamps
Old June 26th, 2014, 01:43 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Vladika Citizen++Vladika Citizen++Vladika Citizen++Vladika Citizen++Vladika Citizen++

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErianFrost View Post
[OOC: I'm guessing this is taking place after the conversation in Niven's office.]

Secure comm to Victor Rotha:

I suspect he'd give everything he has, plus anything he can acquire, to ensure his wife's safety. Regarding the corrupt Protectors, I imagine their lifespan will not be too terribly long. I'll do what I can to persuade Vulpinerrin to let you speak with them first.

I myself am quite looking forward to a long stretch of uneventful days in Jump. The sooner we're gone from Nexus, the better.
I think the answer to who is behind this is imperative for both the future, as well as present, safety, of Fortunate Son, her crew, and at least one soon-to-be passenger dumb enough to meddle where he has no need to meddle.

This Nero guy still worries me. He needs to see that his personal motives need to be put on hold until we get a better grip on circumstances here.

I understand that you trust him. I don't know him enough, but still see more than one possibility. He could prematurely kill the kidnappers out of anger, or to cover his involvement, or some other motive. I don't know which he might do, or really care what his motive might be.

We, for differing reasons, need info though. You to keep Fortunate Son safe, and, believe it or not, I might need to return to Hate in the future. I have enough unknowns down here and at least one attempt on my life before getting involved in this Vulpinerrin mess.

Got a few things to do down here. Victor out.

:oo: “The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.” - George Orwell, Animal Farm :devil:

Lord Michael - Heretic
Baron Emape
Spinward Marches, Five Sisters, 0133 B564500-B
Old June 26th, 2014, 01:56 AM

Vladika Citizen++Vladika Citizen++Vladika Citizen++Vladika Citizen++Vladika Citizen++

Victor takes a couple of pills to retard to absorption of alcohol and orders the best drink the house serves. Then sits, and carefully nurses it, while keeping his eyes on the surroundings and clientele.

Thinks about nothing but the surroundings and quietly waits for Harry Niven to return.

:oo: “The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.” - George Orwell, Animal Farm :devil:

Lord Michael - Heretic
Baron Emape
Old June 26th, 2014, 02:13 AM

Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen
Default Nexus-Under, 1900, 3731-08-24

Quote:
Originally Posted by SType View Post
As soon as everyone has cleared out of his office, Niven sits down and begins making calls on his comm, with two objectives:

1) Learn who he needs to contact (and how to contact them) in order to immediately obtain the following items:

-6 suits of combat armor
-12 breaching charges
-20 stun grenades
-12 flashbangs
-2 gauss rifles
-2 gauss rifles w/ attached grenade launchers
-4 high explosive dual purpose grenades

2) Learn the activities subsequent to arrival (including current whereabouts, if possible) of the two men who arrived in Nexus Under at 1935 3731-08-23 transporting a single 1/4 dTon shipping container.

[OOC: If appropriate at this time, my 2d6 rolls, before modifiers, for the relevant Streetwise checks are 12 and 2 respectively.]
Being a kind and generous GM, I made three more rolls for you, figuring that, with his connections already in place here at Nexus-Under, Niven ought to have at least three different routes of inquiry on the armor and weaponry, and two to check on the men. So your rolls for the armor and weaponry inquiries were 12, 2, and (2d6)[8], and your rolls on inquiries about the two men were (2d6)[9] and (2d6)[7].

OK, adding in Niven's Streetwise-2 (I think more applicable than his Admin on these sort of inquiries), that gives us a wide range of results:

12+2=14; Valko Heyman is happy to supply some of almost everything you requested, although he does not have the full quantities requested.
- - 2 suits of slightly-used combat armor
- - 4 breaching charges
- - 6 stun grenades
- - 4 flashbangs
- - 2 gauss rifles w/ attached grenade launchers, plus 2 extra magazines for each
- - 4 high explosive dual purpose grenades

2+2=4; Mamuka Kloeter is rather uncooperative, says he can't supply any of that stuff now, but maybe in a few days, and seems to be fishing for more info about why Niven would possibly need all of that.

8+2=10; Derya Shazad wishes she could be more helpful, but at least is able to fill out some of what Valko did not have:
- - 1 suit of slightly-used combat armor
- - 2 breaching charges
- - 2 stun grenades
- - 4 flashbangs
She also thinks she has 4 or 5 of those ballistic-cloth torso armor that a lot of the gang guards wear, if that would help fill in the lack of combat armor. She'll make you a deal on those, only Crxx each.

9+2=11; Umar Zunino, over in the Traffic Control office, remembers the two coming in. He also happened to be going out in the Avenue (Control Avenue, the big one that runs inward from the Traffic Control Center) a little later and saw them come out of a storage rental place, without their vaccsuits or the shipping container, and go into the Hot Shots Saloon. Info cost Cr500.

7+2=9; Fergus McLean, who works a lifter and is up and down Control Avenue all day moving containers around, isn't sure if he saw them or not; it was six men, not two, but they all had weapons, and they had vaccsuits and duffel bags and a 1/4-dTon container all piled on a floater. They were walking along Control Avenue, but he doesn't remember exactly where or when he saw them. Info cost Cr100.

(Sorry, sleepy, I will look up and fill in prices for all items later.)

Imperial Core Update: In other news, Emperor Strephon Aella Alkhalikoi is... still alive.

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki: Reavers' Deep during The Long Night

Last edited by SpaceBadger; July 8th, 2014 at 03:29 AM.. Reason: timestamps
Old June 26th, 2014, 10:52 AM

SType Citizen

Quote:
2+2=4; Mamuka Kloeter is rather uncooperative, says he can't supply any of that stuff now, but maybe in a few days, and seems to be fishing for more info about why Niven would possibly need all of that.
Niven suspects Kloeter has more readily available resources than he is letting on. He does some digging in an attempt to determine if there is something Kloeter might want--a rare and valuable item, information, a special service--which could be used to entice him to be more cooperative. The same goes for anything that could be used to bring pressure on Kloeter, such as unwanted attention from the Triarchy, the Nexus authorities, or his rivals.

[OOC: 2d6 roll (6+5=11)]
Old June 26th, 2014, 10:54 AM

Quote:
The same goes for anything that could be used to bring pressure on Kloeter, such as unwanted attention from the Triarchy, the Nexus authorities, or his rivals.

[OOC: I like the way you think. Get the job done, forget social niceties.]

Lord Michael - Heretic
Baron Emape
Old June 30th, 2014, 09:31 PM

Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Quote:
Niven suspects Kloeter has more readily available resources than he is letting on. He does some digging in an attempt to determine if there is something Kloeter might want--a rare and valuable item, information, a special service--which could be used to entice him to be more cooperative. The same goes for anything that could be used to bring pressure on Kloeter, such as unwanted attention from the Triarchy, the Nexus authorities, or his rivals.

[OOC: 11+2=13, but this excellent result nets you more insight into the problem rather than pressure on Kloeter. Remember, the game reason that Kloeter is uncooperative is that you rolled snake-eyes when contacting him!]

Thinking it over, Niven isn't sure that pressure on Kloeter is worth the possible paybacks. If the guy doesn't want to supply weapons and armor, pressuring him into it is likely to result in bad karma in some way or another - such as Kloeter talking around to others about it, which might get word to your enemies.

Imperial Core Update: In other news, Emperor Strephon Aella Alkhalikoi is... still alive.

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki: Reavers' Deep during The Long Night
Old June 30th, 2014, 11:48 PM

SType Citizen

Text from Niven to Victor's comm, out in the bar:

"3 sets combat armor + 4 or 5 ballistic vests
6 breaching charges
8 stun grenades
8 flashbangs
2 gauss rifles w/ grenade launchers, plus 2 extra mags each
4 high-ex dual purpose grenades

Two different sources. No pricing yet. Some items used. Looks like the best we can do on short notice. Please relay and confirm this will be acceptable. If so, we're ready to move."
Old July 1st, 2014, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Text from Niven to Victor's comm, out in the bar:

"3 sets combat armor + 4 or 5 ballistic vests
6 breaching charges
8 stun grenades
8 flashbangs
2 gauss rifles w/ grenade launchers, plus 2 extra mags each
4 high-ex dual purpose grenades

Two different sources. No pricing yet. Some items used. Looks like the best we can do on short notice. Please relay and confirm this will be acceptable. If so, we're ready to move."
[Relayed to Fortunate Son]

Added: I'd feel better with a scout around, but then move fast. The purchase seemed a bit unusual for Hate so I'm thinking word is going to leak and curious people are going to be wondering. Please advise with thoughts and desires.

Lord Michael - Heretic
Baron Emape

Last edited by Vladika; July 1st, 2014 at 12:08 PM..