Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register


Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Play By Post > Space Badger's Reaver's Deep

Space Badger's Reaver's Deep SpaceBadger's SBRD game

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #421  
Old June 25th, 2014, 09:44 PM
ErianFrost's Avatar
ErianFrost ErianFrost is offline
Citizen: SOC-12
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 107
Gallery : 0
ErianFrost Citizen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladika View Post
Secure Comm to Fortunate Son:

Kalos, any idea of what ransom, reward or payoff this Nero guy is willing to put up to get the Mrs. back? Also, will Fortunate Son transport these two protectors off planet for resettlement? If possible I'd like to try subverting them for a price, and safety. Once the Mrs. is free, transport them, 1st Class or Low Birth, or for all I care space them.
[OOC: I'm guessing this is taking place after the conversation in Niven's office.]

Secure comm to Victor Rotha:

I suspect he'd give everything he has, plus anything he can acquire, to ensure his wife's safety. Regarding the corrupt Protectors, I imagine their lifespan will not be too terribly long. I'll do what I can to persuade Vulpinerrin to let you speak with them first.

Quote:
On a personal note; I've been alone on the edge to long and starting to lose perspective. I'd like to get this wrapped up and a good 3 day snooze, get drunk, and sleep for 3 more days. Then think about getting some real rest.
I myself am quite looking forward to a long stretch of uneventful days in Jump. The sooner we're gone from Nexus, the better.
Reply With Quote
  #422  
Old June 26th, 2014, 12:12 AM
SType SType is offline
Citizen: SOC-9
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Overland Park, KS
Posts: 52
Gallery : 0
SType Citizen
Default Nexus-Under, 1830, 3731-08-24

As soon as everyone has cleared out of his office, Niven sits down and begins making calls on his comm, with two objectives:

1) Learn who he needs to contact (and how to contact them) in order to immediately obtain the following items:

-6 suits of combat armor
-12 breaching charges
-20 stun grenades
-12 flashbangs
-2 gauss rifles
-2 gauss rifles w/ attached grenade launchers
-4 high explosive dual purpose grenades

2) Learn the activities subsequent to arrival (including current whereabouts, if possible) of the two men who arrived in Nexus Under at 1935 3731-08-23 transporting a single 1/4 dTon shipping container.

[OOC: If appropriate at this time, my 2d6 rolls, before modifiers, for the relevant Streetwise checks are 12 and 2 respectively.]

Last edited by SpaceBadger; July 8th, 2014 at 03:28 AM.. Reason: timestamps
Reply With Quote
  #423  
Old June 26th, 2014, 01:43 AM
Vladika Vladika is offline
Citizen: SOC-14
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,851
Gallery : 0
Vladika Citizen++Vladika Citizen++Vladika Citizen++Vladika Citizen++Vladika Citizen++
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErianFrost View Post
[OOC: I'm guessing this is taking place after the conversation in Niven's office.]

Secure comm to Victor Rotha:

I suspect he'd give everything he has, plus anything he can acquire, to ensure his wife's safety. Regarding the corrupt Protectors, I imagine their lifespan will not be too terribly long. I'll do what I can to persuade Vulpinerrin to let you speak with them first.



I myself am quite looking forward to a long stretch of uneventful days in Jump. The sooner we're gone from Nexus, the better.
I think the answer to who is behind this is imperative for both the future, as well as present, safety, of Fortunate Son, her crew, and at least one soon-to-be passenger dumb enough to meddle where he has no need to meddle.

This Nero guy still worries me. He needs to see that his personal motives need to be put on hold until we get a better grip on circumstances here.

I understand that you trust him. I don't know him enough, but still see more than one possibility. He could prematurely kill the kidnappers out of anger, or to cover his involvement, or some other motive. I don't know which he might do, or really care what his motive might be.

We, for differing reasons, need info though. You to keep Fortunate Son safe, and, believe it or not, I might need to return to Hate in the future. I have enough unknowns down here and at least one attempt on my life before getting involved in this Vulpinerrin mess.

Got a few things to do down here. Victor out.
__________________
“All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.” - George Orwell, Animal Farm ;)

:oo: “The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.” - George Orwell, Animal Farm :devil:

Lord Michael - Heretic
Baron Emape
Spinward Marches, Five Sisters, 0133 B564500-B
Reply With Quote
  #424  
Old June 26th, 2014, 01:56 AM
Vladika Vladika is offline
Citizen: SOC-14
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,851
Gallery : 0
Vladika Citizen++Vladika Citizen++Vladika Citizen++Vladika Citizen++Vladika Citizen++
Default

Victor takes a couple of pills to retard to absorption of alcohol and orders the best drink the house serves. Then sits, and carefully nurses it, while keeping his eyes on the surroundings and clientele.

Thinks about nothing but the surroundings and quietly waits for Harry Niven to return.
__________________
“All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.” - George Orwell, Animal Farm ;)

:oo: “The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.” - George Orwell, Animal Farm :devil:

Lord Michael - Heretic
Baron Emape
Spinward Marches, Five Sisters, 0133 B564500-B
Reply With Quote
  #425  
Old June 26th, 2014, 02:13 AM
SpaceBadger's Avatar
SpaceBadger SpaceBadger is offline
Citizen: SOC-14
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Central Missouri, USA
Posts: 3,585
Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen
Default Nexus-Under, 1900, 3731-08-24

Quote:
Originally Posted by SType View Post
As soon as everyone has cleared out of his office, Niven sits down and begins making calls on his comm, with two objectives:

1) Learn who he needs to contact (and how to contact them) in order to immediately obtain the following items:

-6 suits of combat armor
-12 breaching charges
-20 stun grenades
-12 flashbangs
-2 gauss rifles
-2 gauss rifles w/ attached grenade launchers
-4 high explosive dual purpose grenades

2) Learn the activities subsequent to arrival (including current whereabouts, if possible) of the two men who arrived in Nexus Under at 1935 3731-08-23 transporting a single 1/4 dTon shipping container.

[OOC: If appropriate at this time, my 2d6 rolls, before modifiers, for the relevant Streetwise checks are 12 and 2 respectively.]
Being a kind and generous GM, I made three more rolls for you, figuring that, with his connections already in place here at Nexus-Under, Niven ought to have at least three different routes of inquiry on the armor and weaponry, and two to check on the men. So your rolls for the armor and weaponry inquiries were 12, 2, and (2d6)[8], and your rolls on inquiries about the two men were (2d6)[9] and (2d6)[7].

OK, adding in Niven's Streetwise-2 (I think more applicable than his Admin on these sort of inquiries), that gives us a wide range of results:

12+2=14; Valko Heyman is happy to supply some of almost everything you requested, although he does not have the full quantities requested.
- - 2 suits of slightly-used combat armor
- - 4 breaching charges
- - 6 stun grenades
- - 4 flashbangs
- - 2 gauss rifles w/ attached grenade launchers, plus 2 extra magazines for each
- - 4 high explosive dual purpose grenades

2+2=4; Mamuka Kloeter is rather uncooperative, says he can't supply any of that stuff now, but maybe in a few days, and seems to be fishing for more info about why Niven would possibly need all of that.

8+2=10; Derya Shazad wishes she could be more helpful, but at least is able to fill out some of what Valko did not have:
- - 1 suit of slightly-used combat armor
- - 2 breaching charges
- - 2 stun grenades
- - 4 flashbangs
She also thinks she has 4 or 5 of those ballistic-cloth torso armor that a lot of the gang guards wear, if that would help fill in the lack of combat armor. She'll make you a deal on those, only Crxx each.

9+2=11; Umar Zunino, over in the Traffic Control office, remembers the two coming in. He also happened to be going out in the Avenue (Control Avenue, the big one that runs inward from the Traffic Control Center) a little later and saw them come out of a storage rental place, without their vaccsuits or the shipping container, and go into the Hot Shots Saloon. Info cost Cr500.

7+2=9; Fergus McLean, who works a lifter and is up and down Control Avenue all day moving containers around, isn't sure if he saw them or not; it was six men, not two, but they all had weapons, and they had vaccsuits and duffel bags and a 1/4-dTon container all piled on a floater. They were walking along Control Avenue, but he doesn't remember exactly where or when he saw them. Info cost Cr100.

(Sorry, sleepy, I will look up and fill in prices for all items later.)
__________________
--
Q: What do you get when you vaporize a Duke, a Count, a Marquis, and a Baron?
A: Helium, Neon, Argon, Krypton, Xenon, and Radon


Imperial Core Update: In other news, Emperor Strephon Aella Alkhalikoi is... still alive.

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki: Reavers' Deep during The Long Night

Last edited by SpaceBadger; July 8th, 2014 at 03:29 AM.. Reason: timestamps
Reply With Quote
  #426  
Old June 26th, 2014, 10:52 AM
SType SType is offline
Citizen: SOC-9
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Overland Park, KS
Posts: 52
Gallery : 0
SType Citizen
Default

Quote:
2+2=4; Mamuka Kloeter is rather uncooperative, says he can't supply any of that stuff now, but maybe in a few days, and seems to be fishing for more info about why Niven would possibly need all of that.
Niven suspects Kloeter has more readily available resources than he is letting on. He does some digging in an attempt to determine if there is something Kloeter might want--a rare and valuable item, information, a special service--which could be used to entice him to be more cooperative. The same goes for anything that could be used to bring pressure on Kloeter, such as unwanted attention from the Triarchy, the Nexus authorities, or his rivals.

[OOC: 2d6 roll (6+5=11)]
Reply With Quote
  #427  
Old June 26th, 2014, 10:54 AM
Vladika Vladika is offline
Citizen: SOC-14
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,851
Gallery : 0
Vladika Citizen++Vladika Citizen++Vladika Citizen++Vladika Citizen++Vladika Citizen++
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SType View Post
The same goes for anything that could be used to bring pressure on Kloeter, such as unwanted attention from the Triarchy, the Nexus authorities, or his rivals.

[OOC: 2d6 roll (6+5=11)]
[OOC: I like the way you think. Get the job done, forget social niceties.]
__________________
“All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.” - George Orwell, Animal Farm ;)

:oo: “The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.” - George Orwell, Animal Farm :devil:

Lord Michael - Heretic
Baron Emape
Spinward Marches, Five Sisters, 0133 B564500-B
Reply With Quote
  #428  
Old June 30th, 2014, 09:31 PM
SpaceBadger's Avatar
SpaceBadger SpaceBadger is offline
Citizen: SOC-14
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Central Missouri, USA
Posts: 3,585
Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SType View Post
Niven suspects Kloeter has more readily available resources than he is letting on. He does some digging in an attempt to determine if there is something Kloeter might want--a rare and valuable item, information, a special service--which could be used to entice him to be more cooperative. The same goes for anything that could be used to bring pressure on Kloeter, such as unwanted attention from the Triarchy, the Nexus authorities, or his rivals.

[OOC: 2d6 roll (6+5=11)]
[OOC: 11+2=13, but this excellent result nets you more insight into the problem rather than pressure on Kloeter. Remember, the game reason that Kloeter is uncooperative is that you rolled snake-eyes when contacting him!]

Thinking it over, Niven isn't sure that pressure on Kloeter is worth the possible paybacks. If the guy doesn't want to supply weapons and armor, pressuring him into it is likely to result in bad karma in some way or another - such as Kloeter talking around to others about it, which might get word to your enemies.
__________________
--
Q: What do you get when you vaporize a Duke, a Count, a Marquis, and a Baron?
A: Helium, Neon, Argon, Krypton, Xenon, and Radon


Imperial Core Update: In other news, Emperor Strephon Aella Alkhalikoi is... still alive.

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki: Reavers' Deep during The Long Night
Reply With Quote
  #429  
Old June 30th, 2014, 11:48 PM
SType SType is offline
Citizen: SOC-9
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Overland Park, KS
Posts: 52
Gallery : 0
SType Citizen
Default

Text from Niven to Victor's comm, out in the bar:

"3 sets combat armor + 4 or 5 ballistic vests
6 breaching charges
8 stun grenades
8 flashbangs
2 gauss rifles w/ grenade launchers, plus 2 extra mags each
4 high-ex dual purpose grenades

Two different sources. No pricing yet. Some items used. Looks like the best we can do on short notice. Please relay and confirm this will be acceptable. If so, we're ready to move."
Reply With Quote
  #430  
Old July 1st, 2014, 04:45 AM
Vladika Vladika is offline
Citizen: SOC-14
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,851
Gallery : 0
Vladika Citizen++Vladika Citizen++Vladika Citizen++Vladika Citizen++Vladika Citizen++
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SType View Post
Text from Niven to Victor's comm, out in the bar:

"3 sets combat armor + 4 or 5 ballistic vests
6 breaching charges
8 stun grenades
8 flashbangs
2 gauss rifles w/ grenade launchers, plus 2 extra mags each
4 high-ex dual purpose grenades

Two different sources. No pricing yet. Some items used. Looks like the best we can do on short notice. Please relay and confirm this will be acceptable. If so, we're ready to move."
[Relayed to Fortunate Son]

Added: I'd feel better with a scout around, but then move fast. The purchase seemed a bit unusual for Hate so I'm thinking word is going to leak and curious people are going to be wondering. Please advise with thoughts and desires.
__________________
“All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.” - George Orwell, Animal Farm ;)

:oo: “The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.” - George Orwell, Animal Farm :devil:

Lord Michael - Heretic
Baron Emape
Spinward Marches, Five Sisters, 0133 B564500-B

Last edited by Vladika; July 1st, 2014 at 12:08 PM..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SBRD] IC Game: Chapter 01 (Devonia) SpaceBadger Space Badger's Reaver's Deep 968 October 12th, 2013 11:31 PM
[SBRD] OOC Discussion: Chapter 01 SpaceBadger Space Badger's Reaver's Deep 767 October 12th, 2013 11:29 PM
[SBRD] IC Game: Chapter 00 (Doc's hiring) DaveChase Space Badger's Reaver's Deep 66 August 23rd, 2013 08:38 AM
[Your opinion/ advice on] Tablet-PCs (Nexus 7 and others) LiamKerrington Random Static 11 March 21st, 2013 12:10 PM
Non-OTU: Implications of Jump Points or Wormhole Nexus SpaceBadger The Lone Star 8 February 2nd, 2013 02:09 PM

This website and its contents are copyright ©2010- Far Future Enterprises. All rights reserved. Traveller is a registered trademark of Far Future Enterprises .
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright (c) 2010-2013, Far Future Enterprises. All Rights Reserved.