Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Play By Post > Aramis' pbp

Old February 9th, 2014, 04:36 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 0
Visit McPerth's Blog
McPerth has disabled reputation

McBean looks at the papers Carson hands to him.

"Maybe we just have a petty thief instead of a saboteur... A traitor in any case, as it seems" he says. "Well, the Major will see it. For now we'll just keep him quiet and watch the ship, just in case."

I'm not afraid about bullets, what scares me is the speed at which they're incoming.
Old February 10th, 2014, 03:12 AM

Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by McPerth View Post
McBean looks at the papers Carson hands to him.

"Maybe we just have a petty thief instead of a saboteur... A traitor in any case, as it seems" he says. "Well, the Major will see it. For now we'll just keep him quiet and watch the ship, just in case."
Carson agrees, saying, "I'm really 'oping Lt McPhee can be found soon, so 'e can look over the camera for any damage."
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki
Old February 10th, 2014, 04:09 AM
Administrator

Gallery : 53
Visit aramis's Blog
aramis has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to aramis Send a message via AIM to aramis Send a message via Yahoo to aramis

About 1:30pm, 9th Jan 1887.

Smithers returns from the cricket pitch with McPhee in tow. After a couple minutes (and a miner's headlamp), McPhee proclaims that there's no evidence of it being opened.

By the light of the headlamp, however, you see what the Colour Serjeant was looking at - the patent plate. McPhee also hands a bailing band clip to McBean. "Squirrel," he says, indicating the colour serjeant, then the clip, "and nut? What say we not annoy naval supply... Mr. McBean, if you wish, I'll put Colour here on report, and make the needed hassles. But really, we should be off world in the morning. It's a couple months in space."
Archduke of Sylea (CORE 2118)
Duke of the Third Imperium (SPIN 0534)
Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
Count of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2232)
Viscount of Adabicci (SPIN 1824)
Marquis of the Solomani Rim (SOLO 0606)
Marquis of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2410)
Baron of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2231)
Knight of the Iridium Throne (CORE 1434)
Sir William Hostman (OLDE 0512)
Sir William Hostman (DAGU 0622)
Knight of Deneb (REFT 2239)
SEH w/Diamonds for Extreme Heroism - Battle of Boughene
MCG - Battle of Boughene
TAS: William Hostman (CORR 2506)
TAS: Bearer (DAIB 1326)
IMTU ct+ tm++ tne tg-- tt+ tmo+ t4- t20+ to ru+ ge+ 3i+ c+ jt au ls pi+ ta he+ st+
Wil Hostman 0602 C539857-9 S A724
OTU: 95% 3i an+ au+ br- cpu± dt± f+ fs++ ge± ih- inf± j± jf+ jm+ jt+ ls- n= nc+ pi+ pp-- tp+ tr+ tv- vi-- xb+-
Unless there is bold red text, presume my posts to be my personal material only.
Old February 10th, 2014, 05:09 AM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramis View Post
About 1:30pm, 9th Jan 1887.

Smithers returns from the cricket pitch with McPhee in tow. After a couple minutes (and a miner's headlamp), McPhee proclaims that there's no evidence of it being opened.

By the light of the headlamp, however, you see what the Colour Serjeant was looking at - the patent plate. McPhee also hands a bailing band clip to McBean. "Squirrel," he says, indicating the colour serjeant, then the clip, "and nut? What say we not annoy naval supply... Mr. McBean, if you wish, I'll put Colour here on report, and make the needed hassles. But really, we should be off world in the morning. It's a couple months in space."
Carson prompts Lance Sgt Charley to show Lt McPhee the duplicate invoices and explain the shortage of boxes. Carson also urges Lt McPhee to hold Color Sgt Dennis under arrest until the Major finishes his cricket game and can assess the situation. Carson also points out the patent plate that Dennis was messing with, although he is unsure of the implications of that - McBean is here, too, so maybe he will understand.

Carson faces directly one of the two Privates. "Private, who is your Sergeant, and where might I find 'im? I would like to see about 'aving a guard stationed 'ere at the airship until we leave."

[The Sgt Major still hasn't said anything yet?]

[Once this all seems to be taken care of, Carson will be ready to go to town with McBean and Smithers as previously discussed.]
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

SBRD Campaign Wiki
Old February 10th, 2014, 05:09 AM

Visit McPerth's Blog
McPerth has disabled reputation

"In any case we should check the whole supplies, as we must make sure no cheating on them, neither due to sabotaje nor to greed" says McBean.

Then he turns to any caracter present (and orders those not present to be called) "Mr Dubois: check the bio lab, just to be sure everithing is OK; Mr. Tunnaud: you and me will check the engines (both atmospheric and extra-atmodpheric); Gibsom and Smithers: check the gunns and ammo, the rest of the crew should check general supplies. Leftennent McPee: join me at the bridge after you finish the report to check navigational instruments. We will face a long jurney out of help and in hostile environment, we can not take risks, less so after either a sabotaje attempt or graft in supplies has been discovered"

I'm not afraid about bullets, what scares me is the speed at which they're incoming.
Old February 10th, 2014, 11:46 AM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Carson faces directly one of the two Privates. "Private, who is your Sergeant, and where might I find 'im? I would like to see about 'aving a guard stationed 'ere at the airship until we leave."

[The Sgt Major still hasn't said anything yet?]

Carson sends Smithers into the hold to find some suitable cordage for tying a prisoner, then has a chair brought from the Director's House and placed in the shade of the airship. He orders the Marine to be seated, and ties his wrists, waist, and ankles to the chair, leaving the two Privates to watch him and call out if he makes any effort to escape.

[Carson has called the patent plate that Dennis was examining to the attention of both McPhee and McBain and neither seemed concerned?]

With Dennis secured, Carson will enter the airship to begin inspections as ordered. He will borrow a light to use for inspections if the light inside is insufficient. He will compare the recently delivered boxes to the invoices discovered by Lance Sgt Charley, asking Charley's assistance if anything seems not to match.

Observation 4 (4d6)[3][3][5][1](12)

He will then check both port and starboard guns, removing their covers and inspecting them carefully for damage. He will have Smithers accompany him and double-check everything.

Observation 4 (4d6)[6][6][6][6](24)

He will then check the ammunition supply for the guns, making sure the amount seems correct and checking several random cases that the ammo is correct and seems new and not deteriorated or corroded. He will have Smithers accompany him and double-check everything.

Observation 4 (4d6)[1][3][4][6](14)

He will check any other supplies associated with the guns. He will have Smithers accompany him and double-check everything.

Observation 4 (4d6)[5][6][1][5](17)

Finally, he will take a look at the patent plate himself, applying his intellect and keen powers of observation to try to figure out the significance himself (has it been tampered with? has the original been replaced with a new one? was Dennis simply copying the info?).

Observation 4 (4d6)[5][2][3][4](14)

Intellect 5 (5d6)[3][5][3][6][3](20)

Does Carson have any idea how much longer the cricket game can be expected to last?

Intellect 5 (5d6)[3][5][5][5][6](24)

[Once this all seems to be taken care of, Carson will be ready to go to town with McBean and Smithers as previously discussed.]

SBRD Campaign Wiki
Old February 10th, 2014, 05:01 PM
Administrator

Visit aramis's Blog
Send a message via ICQ to aramis Send a message via AIM to aramis Send a message via Yahoo to aramis

The cricket game is expected to last at least 4 hours, but it's scheduled to 7pm. It could run over to tomorrow. It's only a 30-overs match. (180 pitches.)

The cursory search about an hour. Everything on the invoice is there. The SjtMaj Takes charge of the prisoner and privates (he's the privates' CSM), introducing himself as CSM Veers. When asked, he points out that he saw that everything was under control, outside his authority, and not requiring more immediate attention. He does dispatch another private to inform the yard that Colour Dennis is being detained for suspicious behavior.

The invoices are number 10545 and 10546, and list identical content, and are triplicate forms; the packet includes 5 carbons. Normally, the supply forms you've seen have been triplicates - one to the recipient, one to the issuer, and one to the comptroller...
Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
MCG - Battle of Boughene
IMTU ct+ tm++ tne tg-- tt+ tmo+ t4- t20+ to ru+ ge+ 3i+ c+ jt au ls pi+ ta he+ st+
OTU: 95% 3i an+ au+ br- cpu± dt± f+ fs++ ge± ih- inf± j± jf+ jm+ jt+ ls- n= nc+ pi+ pp-- tp+ tr+ tv- vi-- xb+-
Unless there is bold red text, presume my posts to be my personal material only.
Old February 10th, 2014, 05:21 PM

Jame Citizen

Davey is at the cricket match, taking a couple of bets.
Member #5, Bring Back T5 in LBBs.

"Unfortunately, the Publishers regret that they can enter into no correspondence on this matter. If the Publishers are involved in any correspondence, they shall trace and revoke your mail priveleges."

Baron Damaascaa Towns, Kiikigulii, 1735 Sakhag/Antares
Old February 10th, 2014, 05:41 PM
Administrator

Visit aramis's Blog

Cricket match, about 1:10pm 9 January.

It's OS office vs the Navy Reserve Center boys. But the OS team has 6 men all of whom also play in the local Club, and the major is a known star bowler. The navy team are all unknowns, even playing in their bellbottoms. The OS team has proper cricket uniforms.

There is a bookie; OS pays guinea to the pound (21:20), while he's offering 2:1 on Navy...
Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
MCG - Battle of Boughene
Old February 11th, 2014, 01:04 AM

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Quote:
The SjtMaj Takes charge of the prisoner and privates (he's the privates' CSM), introducing himself as CSM Veers.
Carson thanks Sgt Major Veers and the two Privates for their assistance in handling the situation, and requests that Sgt Major Veers detail a rotating watch to stand guard over the airship until departure.

Quote:
The invoices are number 10545 and 10546, and list identical content, and are triplicate forms; the packet includes 5 carbons. Normally, the supply forms you've seen have been triplicates - one to the recipient, one to the issuer, and one to the comptroller...
Carson takes Lance Sgt Charley aside and asks him to explain what he saw as wrong with the invoices. "Because apparently I am missing something here?"

SBRD Campaign Wiki