Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Random Static > Non-Traveller Gaming

Non-Traveller Gaming A forum specifically for discussing those other games we like to play.

Old August 20th, 2019, 03:37 PM
Baron

Gallery : 0
Visit Kilgs's Blog
Kilgs Citizen++Kilgs Citizen++Kilgs Citizen++Kilgs Citizen++
Default [For T2K fans] Freeman: Guerrilla Warfare

While I hope I am wrong, I'll assume folks are unfamiliar with Mount & Blade Warband. One of the greatest and most modded fantasy skirmish, kingdom building games out there. A new version is in the works but if you've never heard of it... go and take a look at it. The Mods are incredible. Try Perisno or the Middle-Earth: Third Age!

BUT... that's not what I'm here about. Someone took the concepts and created a First-Person Shooter/Skirmish Commander game that goes all the way up to controlling cities and the like.

It's in pay-access Beta on Steam for $14.95 right now and I've been having a blast.

The cool thing about these games is that they are completely open in terms of what you want to do and extremely simple. You can set yourself up as a trader, a ruler, a mercenary... so long as you don't mind fighting since that's kind of a core thing in the game.

But Freeman has great unit-control in skirmish battles. You can join in as an FPS or hang behind a rock and pull up the tactical map and control everything. While hardcore T2K fans may prefer a bit more granular approach (try "Realistic" mode) when it comes to logistics, the game concept is simple and it really works.

Scenario is a fictional collapsed E. European state (on an island) with multiple factions. You start out as a freelancer and build your squad into a platoon into a company into an army.

If you liked Mount/Blade, you will love this. And there are more features coming out regularly. Good fun!

Freeman: Guerrilla Warfare on Steam.