Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Play By Post > Space Badger's Reaver's Deep

Space Badger's Reaver's Deep SpaceBadger's SBRD game

Closed Thread

Old September 4th, 2013, 08:37 PM
Peer of the Realm

Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveChase View Post
wasn't there some electronics that the captain wanted Doc to look over?
[That would be the five tons of TL 10 Communicators needing really a due-diligence checkup to pull a few random units and make sure they are good. Someone with Comms skill was also wanted, so I think the gist has been to try to find some time for Donoma and Doc to run over there together (they are in port storage, no more than a minute or two away by air-raft, and authorizations are all set). Problem is Donoma is one of our three Engineers on board so needs to stay handy for the big work job today.

I have that noted in the narrative, about midway down during the delay for fabbing new adaptors, if Doc and Donoma want to run over in the air-raft and look at those. Be sure and get the guard to document that there have already been 10 individual units removed from one of the containers, before you got into it.]
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

Playing ex-Ranger Frank Masuda in Magnus's Permatic Imperium T5 PbP
Playing Engineer Ank Buchannon in flykiller's Imperial Scout Rescue Service PbP

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki: Reavers' Deep during The Long Night
Old September 4th, 2013, 08:57 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Visit Fritz_Brown's Blog
Fritz_Brown has disabled reputation
Default Donoma 0600s/1100l, then during delay

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBadger View Post
[Cue exchange of witty repartee...]
"What do you prefer to be called? 'Doc'? And, you're obviously much more knowledgeable and skilled than most ship's medics. You running from something? Or to something?"

Quote:
wasn't there some electronics that the captain wanted Doc to look over?
"Hey, Doc, why don't we go check out that lot of communicators?" She holds up her multi-tester.

[OOC: How far is it to this storage spot? Would it go faster on my bike? EDIT: Evidently it would.]

EDIT: Donoma offers to drive Doc over on her bike.

Last edited by Fritz_Brown; September 4th, 2013 at 09:10 PM..
Old September 4th, 2013, 09:16 PM
Peer of the Realm

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritz_Brown View Post
"Hey, Doc, why don't we go check out that lot of communicators?" She holds up her multi-tester.
You mean in the afternoon down-time? Donoma's services as Engineer are required most of the day; I think Max calculated it would take abt 5 hours longer if they only had two Engineers working.

Quote:
"[OOC: How far is it to this storage spot? Would it go faster on my bike? EDIT: Evidently it would.]

EDIT: Donoma offers to drive Doc over on her bike.
Bike or air-raft. Storage is a couple km away (remember, it is a BIG port built for much more traffic than it actually gets), and you only have maybe 30 min before getting back on the main task. Plus it is one HOT afternoon even for Devonia, probably 99 F in the shade (abt 40 C?). The warehouse buildings off across the landing pads are obscured by distortions in the hot air.
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

My Old Stuff (2013-14)

Last edited by SpaceBadger; September 5th, 2013 at 10:35 AM..
Old September 4th, 2013, 09:28 PM
Peer of the Realm

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Also forgot: During morning work getting old units removed, Kalos had cargo-bots unload the 20 tons of Machinery and stack up the containers a short distance away, where Gayne could keep an eye on them but not have them interfere in the M-drive work, then called a port storage crew to remove them to storage pending sale.

[Are y'all still waiting for a higher bid, or just notifying the highest one so far that he gets the stuff? Then just need to make comms to make sure he has paid, then give him the authorization codes to get the stuff out of storage.]

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
Old September 4th, 2013, 10:05 PM
Absent Friend

Gallery : 71
DaveChase Citizen

Donoma walks in right on time into the Sickbay.
Quote:
"What do you prefer to be called? 'Doc'? And, you're obviously much more knowledgeable and skilled than most ship's medics. You running from something? Or to something?"
Doc looks over his almost empty cup of coffee as Donoma rapid fire questions with a half look of despair and amusement at the same time.

'Morning to you too.'

'Doc is fine, and to start, take off any weapons, items with metal, communication gear and any material that blocks radiation or such, please. And no, you do not need to take off any of your cloths,'
smiling wolfishly, 'unless you really feel the need for it.'

Pointing at the medical table, 'Have a seat over there and we will get started.'

As Doc does the examination of Donoma, 'To answer your questions; Yes, I am a fully certified Doctor of Medicine with a specialty in xeno. No, I am not running from anything or to anything.'

'The Captain made a pitch that intrigued me enough to set up practice on his ship instead of sitting on a single planet and I must admit, I do like space and flying in it.'

'So, far this gig has been more than pleasant and interesting. And not too stressful on the old Doctor yet.'

'And on a side note and kind of personal but I want it up front before it can become an issue. I am male, I like females, and I am sure you will hear about and see me with a variety of them over the course of time, but,'
pausing for effect and to look Donoma in the eyes, , 'I do not get serious or into female crew for several reasons.'

'One, I am old Navy, Imperial Navy, and you do not fraternize with subordinates. Two, we have to work together and if such a relationship sours, it could make things very tense in such a closed environment. Three, even if such a relationship did work, those around us may not like it or be bothered by it and that could lead to other issues, that could cost life or limb.'

Then Doc smiles broadly, 'That being said, I do expect you to harass and tease me as much as any other crew mate, or I may start to think that you have something wrong up there,' Pointing to Donoma's head.

As the exam is finished and Donoma passes with flying colors.
Quote:
"Hey, Doc, why don't we go check out that lot of communicators?" She holds up her multi-tester and she offers to drive Doc over on her bike.
'Sounds like fun, but I haven't seen the daily roster yet, so I do not know what the Captain has me scheduled to do. Besides being your ship's doctor, I am also the Cargo Master Officer, robotic repair man and have several brews that I take care of.'
Old September 4th, 2013, 10:55 PM

Visit Fritz_Brown's Blog

Quote:
You mean in the afternoon down-time?
Yes, note the time stamp
Old September 5th, 2013, 12:23 AM

Visit Fritz_Brown's Blog
Default Donoma (0600s/1100l - in the med bay)

Quote:
'Doc is fine, and to start, take off any weapons, items with metal, communication gear and any material that blocks radiation or such, please. And no, you do not need to take off any of your cloths,' smiling wolfishly, 'unless you really feel the need for it.'
Donoma rolls her eyes and sits on the exam table (clothed in ship's coveralls, her datapad, revolver, earpiece, and multi- sitting on the side table, her boots underneath).

Quote:
As Doc does the examination of Donoma, 'To answer your questions; Yes, I am a fully certified Doctor of Medicine with a specialty in xeno. No, I am not running from anything or to anything.'
"Well, that sets you apart a bit out here. Not everyone is running, but it seems most folks are."

Quote:
'And on a side note and kind of personal but I want it up front before it can become an issue. I am male, I like females, and I am sure you will hear about and see me with a variety of them over the course of time, but,' pausing for effect and to look Donoma in the eyes, , 'I do not get serious or into female crew for several reasons.'

'One, I am old Navy, Imperial Navy, and you do not fraternize with subordinates. Two, we have to work together and if such a relationship sours, it could make things very tense in such a closed environment. Three, even if such a relationship did work, those around us may not like it or be bothered by it and that could lead to other issues, that could cost life or limb.'

Then Doc smiles broadly, 'That being said, I do expect you to harass and tease me as much as any other crew mate, or I may start to think that you have something wrong up there,' Pointing to Donoma's head.
"No worries on that point. I haven't had any relationships with crew since a minor incident when I was Third on Vikartindur. It just leads to trouble. Just so long as you don't keep me up nights when I'm trying to sleep. And I'll give you the same courtesy." She winks.

Quote:
'Sounds like fun, but I haven't seen the daily roster yet, so I do not know what the Captain has me scheduled to do. Besides being your ship's doctor, I am also the Cargo Master Officer, robotic repair man and have several brews that I take care of.'
[OOC: I didn't make it clear she said that bit while waiting on the parts to fabricate. I'll play along, though.]
"Several brews? Medicines or moonshine? Please tell me you're not running a still off a tap from a fusion plant coolant line?" She smiles.
Old September 5th, 2013, 12:32 AM

Visit Fritz_Brown's Blog
Default Donoma - time? (during the work stoppage)

Quote:
I have that noted in the narrative, about midway down during the delay for fabbing new adaptors, if Doc and Donoma want to run over in the air-raft and look at those. Be sure and get the guard to document that there have already been 10 individual units removed from one of the containers, before you got into it.]
When it's evident there will be a pause for the fabrication, and there are already too many cooks around the pot, she says to Doc, "Why don't we go over and check on those communicators? I'll run us over on my bike, and we can give 'em a once over?" She holds up her multi-.

[OOC: I assume Doc agrees - if not, I'll strike out after this line.]

Donoma powers up her bike and pulls it out of the corner of the cargo area. She gets on, motioning Doc to the rear seat. (She does not don her helmet.)

[OOC: No one seems to have taken an interest in it, yet. Does Doc or anyone give it a perusal? Or are all you folks too jaded, coming from the Empire and such? ]
Old September 5th, 2013, 01:59 AM
Peer of the Realm

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
Default Devonia City Starport (1000 shiptime, 1500 local, 3731-08-14)

Quote:
[OOC: No one seems to have taken an interest in it, yet. Does Doc or anyone give it a perusal? Or are all you folks too jaded, coming from the Empire and such? ]
[OOC: You mean the grav bike? Yes, it is pretty much cutting edge tech at TL 12, popular imports for rich people on lower tech worlds. Most are extremely expensive not only for the innate value and TL difference, but because they must be shipped a long ways. Most filter down from Warinir far to coreward, or from Hermes, Woosnam, or Giishinaar in rimward Daibei. A few wealthy rebels who want to really show off their connections will ride Aslan designs imported from who-knows-where across the Deep.

Bruno and Benjamin have certainly admired it; PCs will have to speak for themselves.

(The Imperial Realm has three TL 12 worlds, but their shipyard production all goes to the Imperial Navy, their weapons go to the Imperial Army and Marines, and their civilian production is restricted to distribution within the Imperial Realm.)

All righty, so during this brief break Donoma (and Doc???) hop on Donoma's grav bike and zip off through the swirl of mirages across the baking concrete toward the distant warehoused. Donoma encounters no difficulties in the flight, and after a brief slowdown to peruse building numbers the correct warehouse is located. A call to the comcode previously provided by the seller brings a guard humming along in an electric cart on the shaded loading dock to unlock the door (being neither a mad-dog nor an Englishman, he is not venturing out into the mid-day brightness of Whitney).

The guard is a cheery fellow, wearing not so much a uniform as a pair of temp-controlled work coveralls with a vest bearing the Devonia City Starport emblems, and he doffs his sun-hat to reveal a tangle of curly red hair, dark sunglasses, and pale skin liberally smeared w sunscreen. He also has a luxuriant red mustache, and bright white teeth exposed in a big grin.

"Hello, folks, I'm Tommy. I understand you need to inspect some cargo?"

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
Old September 5th, 2013, 06:56 AM

Visit Fritz_Brown's Blog
Default Donoma (what time was the mx interruption, anyway?)

Quote:
"Hello, folks, I'm Tommy. I understand you need to inspect some cargo?"
Donoma smiles. "I'm Donoma, and this is Doc, and yes, we're here to check out ... what was the lot number, Doc?"
Closed Thread