Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Play By Post > Space Badger's Reaver's Deep

Space Badger's Reaver's Deep SpaceBadger's SBRD game

Closed Thread

Old August 11th, 2013, 08:56 PM
Absent Friend

Gallery : 71
DaveChase Citizen
Default Sam 'Doc' Freeman

Doc
Old August 11th, 2013, 10:20 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 1
Visit Fritz_Brown's Blog
Fritz_Brown has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveChase View Post
Doc
Just like that. But in the IC thread.
Old August 13th, 2013, 05:28 PM
Peer of the Realm

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelvss View Post
He is going to keep his Auto Snub pistol on under his coveralls, and leave the Blade on his belt.
[OOC: Just a minor note, but if you are carrying an Auto Snub under clothing or concealed, I assume you are using 10-round magazine rather than 20; that bigger magazine sticks out of the grip a ways and would be hard to wear concealed.]
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

Playing ex-Ranger Frank Masuda in Magnus's Permatic Imperium T5 PbP
Playing Engineer Ank Buchannon in flykiller's Imperial Scout Rescue Service PbP

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki: Reavers' Deep during The Long Night
Old August 13th, 2013, 07:54 PM
Peer of the Realm

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Some parts of a private email response that I think would be of benefit to the whole group:

> I have been thinking that the spacer community out this way is small
> enough that, while it's not true that everyone knows everyone, someone
> knows everyone and everyone knows someone. Would this generally be true?

Hmm, I had not really thought about that, but with the low traffic volume in this area it makes sense. Would not apply to every ship, as some just make local runs and would not be widely known, but generally it would be true.

> The Fortunate Son is just now entering RD, so I would think that would
> be something they would probably "know" down at the port/among the
> chandlers. It's not one of the ships that calls here, nor one of them
> they have heard about.

I don't think they would necessarily be confident in that assumption, but some might remark, "Hmm, never seen that ship here before." The if they were curious, they could check the transponder info and see that home port is in the middle of Daibei, and draw their own assumptions from that.

>What all is included in the transponder call/berthing call? I would assume
> tonnage (to determine a landing spot and MOG - "max on ground").
> Would it include model/class? Would it include registration date?

Ship name, registration numbers, world of registration, name of Captain, would all be in the transponder info. The message to the port traffic control would include all of the other info you are talking about, but would not be public access.

Then of course when the ship decides what info it wants to release about cargo carried and wanted, that would be in the form of a PR announcement or advert. (Manifest to customs would be non-public.)
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
Old August 13th, 2013, 07:55 PM
Peer of the Realm

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Some stuff I just edited on the Equipment/Weapons blog page, but figured I'd also post here for those who don't follow all the blog stuff:

Primary Military Rifles by Tech Level
Thinking about the gauss weapons, I decided to do a little adjusting of TL availability of primary military weapons - not changing stats, just initial TL availability.
Assault Rifle - TL 7
Experimental Laser Rifle - TL 8
Advanced Combat Rifle (ACR) - TL 9
Experimental Gauss Rifle - TL 9
Laser Rifle (or Carbine) w backpack - TL 9
Gauss Combat Rifle - TL 10
Laser Rifle (or Carbine) w internal energy cell - TL 12
PGMP-12 - TL 12 (duh!)

Gauss pistol is TL 10, Laser pistol TL 12.

Ammo for weapons can sometimes be manufactured at lower TL than the weapon itself, if appropriate specs or samples are available for copying. Assault rifle ammo can be made at TL 5+; ACR ammo at TL 7+; Gauss ammo at TL 8+.

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
Old August 13th, 2013, 08:03 PM
Peer of the Realm

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Moved from Characters thread; my fault, I posted some announcements there instead of in this thread where they belong:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
I agree with this assessment. We are new to the area, but still on the edge of "civilized space" and when a new ship shows up it would naturally start speculation and rumor, but they might have enough traffic that it wouldn't be something out of the ordinary. There wasn't some "Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here" sign that we missed when we dropped out of jumpspace and crossed the border was there?
Nope. The only difference between the trailing sectors of the Deep and the adjacent spinward sectors of Daibei is psychological - the crossing into "the Deep"! Both area were colonized during the same periods (Interstellar Wars and Rule of Man) and both have been subjected to Reaver raids and piracy.

Quote:
I figure this small penetration of the Deep is like stopping at Nevis or St Christopher's before sailing to Port Royale: we are heading into potential harm's way where risk, adventure, and riches beyond the imagination of Han Solo await us, but for now we are on the edge of it. The Imperium is just around the corner and I would expect that the Free Traders and others don't slam on the brakes at the border.
Well, not Third Imperium yet (or did you mean "around the corner" as in coming soon?), but the Imperial Realm of Daibei is trying to carry on and fight the good fight in loyalty to the old Rule of Man.

But that is all quibbling, and your main point is correct, there is no special border here.

Quote:
But, this would be an excellent place to start using those Streetwise and similar info-seeking skills to get some dope on what to expect as we head in deeper into the ...Deep. Maybe make a few contacts for later speculative cargo, scheduled cargo runs from the Imperium to here that we can then carry further for someone, etc..? This place isn't much, as places we are used go, but it might be a useful hub.

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
Old August 13th, 2013, 08:09 PM
Peer of the Realm

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

New Blog Post up with UWPs and some descriptions of worlds in Urlaqqash Subsector, where the ship is currently located.

I intend to expand the descriptions and all in Library Data, but wanted to go ahead and get this basic info put out for you to plan your next journey!

(No map yet; I'll see about making one in StarBase or something if it doesn't take too much cut/pasting.)

Just in case anyone doesn't know, a subsector is a hex grid w 8 columns of 10 hexes each. Numbering for this subsector begins in the upper left hex, which is 2521. First two digits of a hex are the column, next two digits are row in that column. These may be a little confusing because this hex system uses the system's position in the whole sector, rather than just this subsector - that is why the upper left hex is 2521 rather than 0101.

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
Old August 13th, 2013, 08:17 PM
Peer of the Realm

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Quote:
Ouch, no..make it 3G then. (mutter, mutter....somebody needs to remember to tell the captain these things beforehand...)
It is probably Hero Worship - junior officers think The Captain can do these kinds of calculations in his head, with no comp or lookup tables!

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
Old August 13th, 2013, 10:04 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Visit Fritz_Brown's Blog
Fritz_Brown has disabled reputation
Default Donoma

Hmmm, I hadn't thought in terms of the oddly characterized CT weapons. The .40 is a concealable semi-auto that carries 6+1 rounds. It has the punch of an autopistol, but otherwise the characteristics of a body pistol, I guess. If you want to make it a body pistol, fine.

Because of the trip out to the "wilds" she will carry both. The revolver in a "saddle holster", and the auto inside her back waistband. (The saddle holster will get locked away when she leaves the vehicle in town.)

She will dress for the harsher conditions, as well.
Old August 13th, 2013, 10:44 PM
Peer of the Realm

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

New blog post w more details in Library Data about Devonia, the planet toward which the ship is now traveling. This is along the lines of what I intend to eventually have as Library Data on all of the major worlds in our campaign setting, especially those that the PCs have extensive interaction with.

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
Closed Thread