Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > General Traveller Discussions > Software Solutions

Software Solutions Discussions on Traveller related software.

Old June 12th, 2013, 07:07 PM
Citizen: SOC-9

Gallery : 0
foleypt Citizen

Hopefully I can get it tidied up enough for some sort of release this weekend.

I haven't done a .NET installer before, but I have got it to run on another computer, so I don't think it will be too difficult
Old June 12th, 2013, 07:35 PM
Baron

Gallery : 103
Visit coliver988's Blog
coliver988 Citizen+coliver988 Citizen+coliver988 Citizen+

For installers, you'll need to drop back to 3.5 if you want to use the default MSI installer in VS2010 (if that's what you are using - it's not even available in 2012 which is what I currently usenly install shield which may work...). If you have a site, ClickOnce works well - you publish to that, and depending on how you set up things, it will check for updates every time they use the program.

I've never gotten the Flexera installer stuff to work correctly, but I'm impatient.

I may get around to writing a 3rd version of this as well just for fun if I ever get the time (or is this the 4th). This time for RT so it will run on tablets or PCs. All 15 RT tablets out there... Or maybe play with Azure and make the whole thing web based. Except I'm not particularly good at web side development.

The only thing I recall at this point is that it did originally support Classic, Mongoose & T5 as I understood it. Based on those files which apparently we can now fill out...
Old June 12th, 2013, 08:03 PM
Citizen: SOC-9

Gallery : 0
foleypt Citizen

It is using the .NET Framework 3.5

I'll have a look at the default MSI installer... I do also need it to make some changes to the registry.. there is a hack to get the traveller map support working needs to be put in the registry

I am afraid I pulled the support for the other versions. I was changing some of the structures internally and I was despondent that I would ever get it to a releasable position if I had to keep checking all the different versions to see if they still worked, also I did not have some of the rules set and I feared that the T5 code probably no longer represented the T5 rules, as it was for beta T5. The code still forks internally in the trade class for different versions and I do actually want to support at least another version in the future.
Don McKinney has given me permission to use his version which would be my favoured rule set.
http://dmckinne.winterwar.org/pdfs/M...%20variant.pdf
If I have time I will return the old version CT T5 code to the trade class even if it is in a commented out, perhaps somebody else wants to get it working.
In my latest version, after I had recently sent code to you, I renamed the Mongoose version tag to "MGT" from "MT" as "MT" is Megatraveller

I figure at this stage the most important thing is to get it released as a (semi) working version.