Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > General Traveller Discussions > The Fleet

The Fleet Ship designs, strategies, and tactics.

Old May 30th, 2003, 11:57 AM
Citizen: SOC-12

Gallery : 0
PVernon Citizen
Smile

We have updated my site last night (Tanuki does the work) with a new "Reliant" class 500 DTon merchant. Since this is baced solely on a single piece of art work in T20, I need comments on my interpretation. Please, I also need comment on the "Free Trader" on the row below the "Reliant" for similar reasons.

Peter Vernon
Old May 30th, 2003, 12:42 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Ran Targas Citizen
If the opinion of a non-Gearhead counts, she looks great! On the T20 drawing, it looks like there's addition space (maybe 1.5m high) in between the fuel scoops, if you need it for engineering equipment or whatever.

Again, thanks for doing such an awesome job, I've already downloaded one for my GM file!
Old May 30th, 2003, 01:42 PM

Father Fletch Citizen
Send a message via AIM to Father Fletch Send a message via Yahoo to Father Fletch
Thumbs up

Awesome! Great work Peter. You are the man for deckplans. I have been using your Far Trader design for my current gaming group. Thank you!

(Added after initial post)
The work is clean and easy to read when printed out in grayscale. Some of the color differences in the key and on the deckplans are hard to differentiate in grayscale, but I can usually make a guess at the game table.
I like the silhouettes as they help give a sense of scale.
Your squares to D-Ton seem to be right on and it is nice to know that the combat map I am going to draw for the boarding party action will be close to scale. [img]graemlins/file_23.gif[/img]
An additional request would be to have a PDF version of the large files. I have taken to downloading the images, converting them to BMP and then importing them to Adobe, which scales them to 8 ½ by 11. Perfect for printing out and taking to the game table.
As I told you by email the ship I would like to see is the Far Merchant version of the Fat Trader. This would be J-2, M-2 and mount a Model 1bis or Model 2 computer.
Perhaps a launch capable of M-2 to accompany the Far Merchant?
Otherwise this is all just awesome!
Old May 30th, 2003, 06:36 PM

Ganidirsii O'Flynn Citizen
Thumbs up

Peter,
Fatherfletch is my GM for our T20 game up here near Seattle. I originally thought the deckplans he was using were from the old Type VA Vargr Trader, but lo and behold PapaFletch points me to you...

I can only wholeheartedly agree with him on his estimation. They are wonderfully useful plans, and I am VERY glad to see a Far Trader design that's not the Empress Marava-class (hands-down, the Stupidest Craft Design in Charted Space).

Keep up the good work, especially as you took it on yourself voluntarily. I look forward to more designs from you. Gearhead Request #1021: The Type C Mercenary Cruiser from the T20 art file here at CotI? I never did understand why someone would build a vessel to transport a small unit and then make it unstreamlined (ala' the Broadsword-class Merc Cruisers).
Old June 1st, 2003, 03:45 AM
Citizen: SOC-13

Tanuki Citizen
Quote:
Originally posted by Father Fletch:
Awesome! Great work Peter. You are the man for deckplans. I have been using your Far Trader design for my current gaming group.
[snip]
As I told you by email the ship I would like to see is the Far Merchant version of the Fat Trader. This would be J-2, M-2 and mount a Model 1bis or Model 2 computer. Perhaps a launch capable of M-2 to accompany the Far Merchant?
Actually, Peter and I are two different people. We do, however, critique one another's designs and I host Peters deckplans on a separate page on my own site.

I agree with you, though. He does awesome deckplans.

I can do a Far Merchant version of the Fat Trader but right now I'm involved in doing designs and deckplans for a TA project. Once I'm done with those I'll tackle your Far Merchant. Since it's a redesign of an existing plan it should go fairly quickly.

What are you looking at besides performance? How many passengers (high/low), etc.?
Old June 2nd, 2003, 05:34 AM

trader jim Citizen
Thumbs up

Hi guys, Once again i was looking over this thread, and checking out the web pages and new deck plans!!!...Tanuki and Pete.....Outstanding work!!! everthing usable and printable, clear and as a bonus it ALL looks LOGICAL!!!!....keep up the GREAT work!!!

Question - Tanuki, if i give you enough info can you make up a Ground Plan for my new Crown and Anchor? Top, sides, front, back, And Interior Layout? [img]smile.gif[/img] all small enough and spaced to print on a computor page (no cut offs) [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old June 2nd, 2003, 08:35 AM

Jame Citizen
Hey PVernon, how much lucre will it take to get deck plans for an asteroid base that can hold a 400 - 500 dton ship and dock four 1k-dton ships at once, plus living quarters for the crews and support (i.e. base) personell?
Member #5, Bring Back T5 in LBBs.

"Unfortunately, the Publishers regret that they can enter into no correspondence on this matter. If the Publishers are involved in any correspondence, they shall trace and revoke your mail priveleges."

Baron Damaascaa Towns, Kiikigulii, 1735 Sakhag/Antares
Old June 2nd, 2003, 12:39 PM

Father Fletch Citizen
Send a message via AIM to Father Fletch Send a message via Yahoo to Father Fletch
Tanuki-
Thanks for the reply... I was merely looking for the same hull and passenger layout, just hopped up to J2 and M2, And because it is a civvie design I would not expect much in the way of surplus power or agility. It would also likely mount the cheapest computer that would do the J2 Job, Model 1/bis
Thanks!
Old June 2nd, 2003, 12:49 PM

Tom Schoene Citizen
Why M-2 for a merchant ship? It's not going to bring much return, even if you run on a tight fast-layover schedule.
Old June 2nd, 2003, 01:26 PM

Father Fletch Citizen
Cause it is fun for the players to have a ship with a little bit of legs....if you want a more "realistic" design, then I would even reccomend going with a 0.5 G maneuver drive...save room, fuel, and powerplant...my Cr.02