Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > Mongoose Traveller

Mongoose Traveller Discussion forums for the Traveller rules from Mongoose Publishing.

Old May 9th, 2011, 05:35 PM
Citizen: SOC-12

Gallery : 0
yamsi3467 Citizen
Default Core Rulebook - World Temp?

Hi, all...

In the core rulebook it states that world temperature is a function of where the world falls in the habitable zone. However, it doesn't discuss the HZ in the core rules (as far as I can tell). I just got Scouts which details Mainworld Cartography. In this the HZ is defined in pretty great detail. That would indicate to me that you need Scouts to make use of the temperature rules in the Core Rulebook. Getting Scouts was like finally getting the missing piece of a puzzle.

Yamsi
Old May 9th, 2011, 06:05 PM
Citizen: SOC-10

D. Foxx Citizen

I had to go back and look at both the Core Rule Book and Scouts, but after doing so, IMO the Core Rule book makes the assumption/or you as the GM makes the assumption that the primary world you are creating is in the HZ. The Temperature table on pg 171 just helps you determin where in the HZ it is.

The Scout book allows for a more detailed build of the entire system.

At least that's how I see it.
Old May 13th, 2011, 01:50 PM
Citizen: SOC-12

fusor Citizen

Just make something up!

e.g. Assuming that all mainworlds generated by MGT System Generation are in the Habitable Zone of the system - roll 1d6:

1: Inner (hot) edge of Habitable Zone.
2-5: Middle of Habitable Zone.
6: Outer (cold) edge of Habitable Zone.

Problem solved .