Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Traveller 5 > Traveller 5

Traveller 5 Discussion of the Fifth edition of Traveller, released Spring 2013.

Old January 27th, 2020, 01:18 PM
Citizen: SOC-13

Gallery : 0
Qstor2 Citizen
Send a message via Yahoo to Qstor2
Default Sell T5 to me.

I'm posting this cause I haven't gotten the first version of T5 nor the latest version. I was curious as to folks arguments on getting it. I've browsed a pdf version of T5.

I have the CT, MgT, MgT 2e, T4, TNE, Gurps Traveller, and T20 rulebooks. In the case of GURPS the GT book and the main GURPS books. I also have various source material for all those systems as well as MT including the DGP stuff like Vilani and Vargr. I'm a HUGE fan of "source material"

I'm aware of the huge size of the T5 books and comments like you "don't use most of it" and I've heard that Marc doesn't use most of the ruleset. After browsing the pdf, I'm not convinced at all, that it's worth getting. The charts seem overwhelming. Plus I'm aware of the errata issues.

I'm happy with MgT 2e and don't really see the need to get another ruleset. So in a polite "way" I'm asking for convincing arguments (polite please) as to why I should get T5. I'd really love to see a "paired down" version.

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.