Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Random Static > Non-Traveller Gaming

Non-Traveller Gaming A forum specifically for discussing those other games we like to play.

Old July 3rd, 2016, 06:42 AM
Knight

Gallery : 0
Reban Citizen+Reban Citizen+Reban Citizen+
Default Cepheus Engine SRD

I'm putting this in Non-traveller Gaming because its not Traveller (but it is). Mods feel free to move it.

Jason "Flynn" Kemp has launched his Cepheus Engine SRD which is described as "A Classic Era Science Fiction 2D6-Based Open Gaming System" and is derived from the Traveller SRD.

I picked up a copy yesterday and my initial thoughts are that I like it. It is in many ways an updated and reorganized version of the CT LBBs. While I've always liked CT as a system, and like the OTU for its inspiration as a starting point, I've also been turned off by its dated 70s presentation and its organization, being spread across many books and supplements.

I like the fact that Cepheus is one core document, setting free, with all that I need to roll up characters give them equipment and access to vehicles and spacecraft and throw them into combat and adventure.

I've only had a first read-through but I'm interested to hear what others think about it.
Knight of Deneb - Reft - 2738 Cyril

Damn you gravity, you win again...

tc tne+ T5++ ru ge++ 3i++ c- au+ pi+ he++ so++ 0201

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.