Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > Mongoose Traveller

Mongoose Traveller Discussion forums for the Traveller rules from Mongoose Publishing.

Old July 5th, 2019, 09:50 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 0
Visit McPerth's Blog
McPerth has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by coliver988 View Post
My one steward character always turned down the beds with a chocolate on the pillow (somewhere there is a thread on 3d food maker; this steward custom-designed the chocolates per passenger. I was hoping for a bonus on any reaction checks!)
I hope you don't take may Vargr passengers (see this old thread)

I'm not afraid about bullets, what scares me is the speed at which they're incoming.
Old July 5th, 2019, 12:40 PM

AnotherDilbert Citizen+AnotherDilbert Citizen+AnotherDilbert Citizen+

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtBennett View Post
Any other thoughts or detail out there....articles written????? I have searched for a menu item or two to "spice" things up a bit....have checked the WIKI...
Wodehouse's stories about Jeeves. There is even a TV series...
Old July 5th, 2019, 01:35 PM
Citizen: SOC-11

CaptRet Citizen

The other role of a concierge in a hotel is that he is the fellow that can arrange things for you - get theater tickets, know the best times to go to museums and cultural sites, know where is the best place to buy certain items (legal or illegal), and help you obtain things (ditto). So the Steward may have some shadier skills to help a wealthy, headstrong guest get what he wants (could be a good opportunity for Streetwise).
Old July 5th, 2019, 01:39 PM

Visit McPerth's Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptRet View Post
The other role of a concierge in a hotel is that he is the fellow that can arrange things for you - get theater tickets, know the best times to go to museums and cultural sites, know where is the best place to buy certain items (legal or illegal), and help you obtain things (ditto). So the Steward may have some shadier skills to help a wealthy, headstrong guest get what he wants (could be a good opportunity for Streetwise).
Sure but hotel concierges are not out of contatc of the rest of the universo as a ship in jump is...

And they ae always in the same city, so having contacts, while a spaceship's steward can go to several planets, each of them needing its own contacts.

I'm not afraid about bullets, what scares me is the speed at which they're incoming.
Old July 5th, 2019, 04:08 PM

Condottiere Citizen++Condottiere Citizen++Condottiere Citizen++Condottiere Citizen++

Héctor Elizondo, Pretty Woman.
Old July 8th, 2019, 10:49 AM
Citizen: SOC-5

LtBennett Citizen
Question THANKS to all..."May I get you anything?"

THANKS to all...my character can now play a more thoughtful role as STEWARD.

"Sir Noble. May I get you anything?"

"When we dock at the starport you may want to have me organize a space taxi for you Sir?"

"Did you enjoy that lizard juice Sir? It's a specialty of this planet? No after effects or anything and helps with that diziness you have been experiencing on this trip."

"Certainly Sir...I'd be happy to fix that for you. Dinner will be served tonight in the Captain's Quarters at 1700."

BY JOVE...I THINK I HAVE IT!
Old July 8th, 2019, 11:35 AM

Visit McPerth's Blog

One thing that goes with life support (one of the duties of the steward before MgT mad e it a nengineering specialty) appearing in MT:SOM is to gradually adapt the gravity from jump origin planet to jump destinatio none, so that passengers get used to it .

I guess that can also apply to day length and atmospheric presure (as long as both planets are inhabitable, of course, as o therwise domed hábitats are likely to have all thsoe factors artificial).

Old July 8th, 2019, 01:06 PM

Condottiere Citizen++Condottiere Citizen++Condottiere Citizen++Condottiere Citizen++

The steward will always be the number one suspect during any criminal investigation.
Old July 9th, 2019, 10:43 AM
Citizen: SOC-11

CaptRet Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Condottiere View Post
The steward will always be the number one suspect during any criminal investigation.
I don't know, "the steward did it" doesn't have quite the right ring.
Old July 9th, 2019, 03:04 PM
Citizen: SOC-4

chipla Citizen

Well if the steward didn’t do it it’s one of the other servants. Unless of course you suspect Lady FitzSmythe of being complicit in her husband’s murder....

Actually that does sound like a fun concept a ship run like a regency estate. Rather than split the servants by gender (as irl) I’d probably have the captain as the ‘estate steward’ with the ‘steward’ and ‘technical’ teams under him (assuming the noble(s) are ‘passengers’ only). Could really get a regency drama going or branch it into an Edwardian murder mystery if your players aren’t fans of Austen.