Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Twilight:2000 > TWILIGHT: 2000 1E/2E

TWILIGHT: 2000 1E/2E Discussion of the Twilight: 2000 from GDW.

Old August 30th, 2002, 12:55 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 1
Visit savage's Blog
savage Citizen
It has been a few years since I GM'ed a game of T2000. Also I wrote a GDW T2000 module. Purely,
a v1.0 fan.

A "Rambo effect" was easily occured during the game. Herodotus had some good ideas on evening out the combat.

We developed an action chart so players (and refs)
could track the activities throughout the combat. Also, I would use NPCs developed as player characters to improve NPC effectiveness.

Savage
Sarriiu of Depot, CORR1511 50 KB
Count Efate, SPIN1705, Mar Skull, SPIN2420
Knight Ngimi ANTA2535, Mar Syzygy SOLO3006
TAS LISH2836
http://corridordepot.blogspot.com/
Cry Havoc and let slip the VARGRs of war.
William Shakespeare's Revised Works,"Julius Caesar", Act 3 scene 1. MTU654
Old August 30th, 2002, 11:47 AM
Citizen: SOC-13

Gallery : 0
vegascat Citizen
You make me glad I never tried the "house rules" I stuck with T2000 1st edition with a group while stationed in Germany, used local maps and locations. Being able to walk the ground made a difference.
The balance for chargen was excellent, very hard to make a munchkin, but not impossible.
Not suprised to see how many of you had problems with the Rambo effect.
Old August 30th, 2002, 09:47 PM
Citizen: SOC-6

Vargr Merc Citizen
I ran a long T:2000 campaign, both 1st and 2nd edition. Rambo style play in my game, regardless of edition always seemed to result in a fatality. Of course, most of us were active duty or prior service, so we took an extreme view on wound effects.

My largest game started with the Kalisz breakout and had 33 players. 12 hours later, we had 7 survivors, and they became my core group for the next several years.

Six Actual, Out.
\"Your Merc Ticket looks acceptable. The Repat Clause is one of the best one\'s I\'ve seen. But, we won\'t take the contract unless you also agree to provide Scooby Snacks. My boys don\'t touch the dirt on your world without \'em.\"
Old September 1st, 2002, 08:19 PM

trader jim Citizen
Thumbs up

now thats MY kinda game - a real shoot em up MONSTER!!! thats the kind o games that produce legends!!! 33players all armed to the teeth, last man standing is the winner - a 12 hours traveller gun fight - traveller bodies littering the game table - what a mess!! i would like to see the STATS and weapon types ect, ect. yup you got bragging rights!!!! as a GM yuo gotta be GOOD!!!
what did you say after it was all over?? what did you do??? i would have fallin out of my chair!!!
Old September 2nd, 2002, 01:32 PM
Citizen: SOC-6

Vargr Merc Citizen
Quote:
now thats MY kinda game - a real shoot em up MONSTER!!! thats the kind o games that produce legends!!! 33players all armed to the teeth, last man standing is the winner - a 12 hours traveller gun fight - traveller bodies littering the game table - what a mess!! i would like to see the STATS and weapon types ect, ect. yup you got bragging rights!!!! as a GM yuo gotta be GOOD!!!
They started with a 5 ton truck, a deuce and a half, two hummers, an M1 and a M60. I started the group out in town near the command post, and they booked out of town fast when the Division TOC went up.

The M60 got hit while they were breaking through the Soviet tank army encircling Kalisz. That killed 2, and wounded the gunner. While they moved cross country, the girl playing our only medic rolled poorly and it was determined that the only way to save him (the gunner) would be to amputate his leg. Not having much to work with, she chose a chainsaw for the task (she would for ever after, no matter what game, be referred to as Chainsaw). Later there was an accident where the 2-1/2 ton caught fire. One guy was trapped in the cab, stuck because he was wearing a backpack full of Soviet RPG rounds. He couldn't get himself free, and as the fire got closer and closer to him, he started making panic rolls to free himself. The Marine Force Recon Major stood by with his 9mm to put him out of his misery, and at the exact moment he managed to extricate himself yelling "I'm free!", the Major also fired and plugged him square in the forehead.

Then there was the girl who called in mortar fire on her own position. (One of the guys worked in the S2 at his base and had been able to aquire actual military maps for the Kalisz area, so she called in a grid, and it turned out to be her own) She died with the first WP round...that was the only time that night that the mortar crew ever hit their target.

Of course, not all things went poorly for the group. They happened upon a small farmhouse where some soviet deserters were having their way with the lady and her daughters. The Major and some of the Rangers in the group moved in and caught them with their pants down. They left them gagged and bound to chairs in the kitchen and drove away as the women went in with the axe and kitchen knives.

There were others throughout the night that fumbled their grenade tosses, or refused medical care after the M60 tanker had died while being treated earlier.

But even these many years later, I still meet people who played that night who go, "Hey, that was a blast!" or "Hey, remember that Twilight adventure you ran back when.."

Kind of miss the good old days. Not as many people to play with anymore.

Six Actual, Out.
\"Your Merc Ticket looks acceptable. The Repat Clause is one of the best one\'s I\'ve seen. But, we won\'t take the contract unless you also agree to provide Scooby Snacks. My boys don\'t touch the dirt on your world without \'em.\"
Old September 2nd, 2002, 02:14 PM

trader jim Citizen
Smile

thank you Vargr Merc, i am sitting here with a silly grin on my face!!! i actully started to laugh!!! man - what a great game!!! i wonder if i can still get the core rules on ebay??? donha just LOVE willi peat and Napalm?? i just gotta try this game!!!
Old September 2nd, 2002, 02:29 PM

trader jim Citizen
Question

help - there is a ton of twilight 2000 stuff on ebay - what was the date of the last issue released?? what should i look for?? any thing special i should bid on?? how many editions are there?? whats the latest and last?? Help, Help!!!! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old September 2nd, 2002, 06:35 PM
Citizen: SOC-12

Arsulon Citizen
Wow. What an utterly stupendous goat-rodeo. That's got to be one of the best gamer stories I've heard in a while: heck, you ought to submit it to Kenzerco, it sounds just like a Knights of the Dinner Table episode.
Old September 3rd, 2002, 11:31 AM
Citizen: SOC-7

Craig Citizen
Thumbs up

I can see it now: Hacklight: 2000. I can see Bob playing the medic and demanding experience points for the M60 tanker...
Old September 3rd, 2002, 04:25 PM

Uncle Bob Citizen
Quote:
Originally posted by trader jim:
help - there is a ton of twilight 2000 stuff on ebay - what was the date of the last issue released?? what should i look for?? any thing special i should bid on?? how many editions are there?? whats the latest and last?? Help, Help!!!! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Two editions. 1st Edition , early 80s, much preferred IMHO. I think this is a pretty complete list:
http://www.farfuture.net/2000quick.html
Rule #35 - "That which does not kill you has made a tactical error" From The Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates