Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > Traveller in Other Systems

Traveller in Other Systems Discussion of Porting any published traveller setting into non-traveller games. If it doesn't involve a published Traveller/CE setting, it goes in Non-Traveller Gaming

Old April 10th, 2018, 09:53 PM
Citizen: SOC-12

Gallery : 0
jackleg Citizen

Ran the adventure Rapid Repo using the FUZION rule set. Easier for my players. Also I was able to print out the rules and give each player a copy. I gave them the background for the current Imperium. They all created mustered out Scouts with no problem.
Old April 19th, 2018, 10:19 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Keklas Rekobah Citizen+Keklas Rekobah Citizen+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Brazil View Post
Why did you use a different rule system and convert the OTU into it?
Good question. In no particular order...

... the players would be unable to pick up a commercially-made adventure and ‘cheat’ their way through it.

... a mashup of Traveller and Stargate:SG1 was too cool NOT to produce.

... my own creativity was tested past what I thought were my limits at the time on numerous occasions.

... the players and i had enough familiarity with both systems that developing the story-arc was a cooperative effort that allowed the milieu to grow organically, rather than deterministically.

... bragging rights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Brazil View Post
What was Traveller as a set of rules lacking that the other game had or what was the zeitgeist in your group?
1) Stargates. Plot devices that put the PCs out of touch with home for days or weeks at a time, or that could allow them to have “nine-to-five” jobs that got them back home in time for supper.

2) Familiarity. We were all fans of the Stargate franchise, and understood the possibilities and the limitations from the start. Introducing a new group to the Traveller universe sometimes involves a long and steep learning curve.

3) Availability. Since Sony cancelled all of the Stargate gaming contracts, there were no rule sets being expanded upon, even though a five-book rulest had been available for a while.

That’s about it.
Old June 1st, 2018, 02:18 PM
Citizen: SOC-2

sgt_sevya Citizen

I tried converting it to D6 Star wars to try to get my group interested in switching to Traveller. It didn't work. They just wanted to play Star Wars.

Sevya