Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Play By Post > Aramis' pbp

Old January 29th, 2014, 06:53 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 0
Visit McPerth's Blog
McPerth has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramis View Post
Say, maybe it should be wilderness travel (Logging) tons per shift? I think TN5 on a new specialty of WT (Logging) works for me - it allows for lots of default, but since almost none have it as a primary, it's going to be usually about half End to 2 points above that.
Not being friend of adding skills to a game, as IMHO it reduces characters capability (unless its skill pool is also enlarged), I'd keep it on WT foraging, as told above, but multiplying the numbers by 5 or 10, as it seems I grossly underesteimate the lumberjack's production (so, you'd obtain 100-200 kg of usable wood per pip by rolling your skill in dice, for an average of 1-2 tons per man with a skill 3). The referee would determine the quality of the wood so obtained, with the rates you told for endurance.

Do you think OK the increased needs for mantenance/clearin if you use wood as fuel, due to its impurities?

I'm not afraid about bullets, what scares me is the speed at which they're incoming.
Old January 29th, 2014, 07:01 AM
Administrator

Gallery : 56
Visit aramis's Blog
aramis has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to aramis Send a message via AIM to aramis Send a message via Yahoo to aramis

Quote:
Originally Posted by McPerth View Post
Not being friend of adding skills to a game, as IMHO it reduces characters capability (unless its skill pool is also enlarged), I'd keep it on WT foraging, as told above, but multiplying the numbers by 5 or 10, as it seems I grossly underesteimate the lumberjack's production (so, you'd obtain 100-200 kg of usable wood per pip by rolling your skill in dice, for an average of 1-2 tons per man with a skill 3). The referee would determine the quality of the wood so obtained, with the rates you told for endurance.

Do you think OK the increased needs for mantenance/clearin if you use wood as fuel, due to its impurities?
Really, wood isn't that much more damaging than coal, at least from what I've read. It's that much more WORK to stoke, tho'.

Archduke of Sylea (CORE 2118)
Duke of the Third Imperium (SPIN 0534)
Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
Count of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2232)
Viscount of Adabicci (SPIN 1824)
Marquis of the Solomani Rim (SOLO 0606)
Marquis of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2410)
Baron of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2231)
Knight of the Iridium Throne (CORE 1434)
Sir William Hostman (OLDE 0512)
Sir William Hostman (DAGU 0622)
Knight of Deneb (REFT 2239)
Knight of Deneb (Spin 2532)
SEH w/Diamonds for Extreme Heroism - Battle of Boughene
MCG - Battle of Boughene
TAS: William Hostman (CORR 2506)
TAS: Bearer (DAIB 1326)
IMTU ct+ tm++ tne tg-- tt+ tmo+ t4- t20+ to ru+ ge+ 3i+ c+ jt au ls pi+ ta he+ st+
Wil Hostman 0602 C539857-9 S A724
OTU: 95% 3i an+ au+ br- cpu± dt± f+ fs++ ge± ih- inf± j± jf+ jm+ jt+ ls- n= nc+ pi+ pp-- tp+ tr+ tv- vi-- xb+-
Unless there is bold red text, presume my posts to be my personal material only.
Old January 29th, 2014, 07:06 AM

Visit McPerth's Blog
McPerth has disabled reputation
Default Stupid question:

The rules for ethre travel talk about the Astronomy skill for the Navigtor, but I canot find it in the rules...

Should it be another specialty for Science (as archeology, unusable for inventions)?

I'm not afraid about bullets, what scares me is the speed at which they're incoming.
Old January 29th, 2014, 07:22 AM
Administrator

Visit aramis's Blog
Send a message via ICQ to aramis Send a message via AIM to aramis Send a message via Yahoo to aramis

Quote:
Originally Posted by McPerth View Post
The rules for ethre travel talk about the Astronomy skill for the Navigtor, but I canot find it in the rules...

Should it be another specialty for Science (as archeology, unusable for inventions)?
Yes. See p. 38, RC, and p. 19, LC.

Gadzooks, there be a lot of errata unwrit!

I'm treating logging as a separate specialty of WT (for balance reasons), with successes per day at easy (TN5) being tons harvested per man. Which means, unless you're a logger, it's half your primary WT skill.

Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
MCG - Battle of Boughene
IMTU ct+ tm++ tne tg-- tt+ tmo+ t4- t20+ to ru+ ge+ 3i+ c+ jt au ls pi+ ta he+ st+
OTU: 95% 3i an+ au+ br- cpu± dt± f+ fs++ ge± ih- inf± j± jf+ jm+ jt+ ls- n= nc+ pi+ pp-- tp+ tr+ tv- vi-- xb+-
Unless there is bold red text, presume my posts to be my personal material only.
Old February 5th, 2014, 09:26 AM
Peer of the Realm

Thanos Citizen
Default France During the Victorian Era

According to the rules with my soc of 4 I'd be part of the gentry. Clarify that for me. What composes "the gentry"? Especially as opposed to the aristocracy. I'm under the impression that "the gentry" are low ranking nobles such as Barons and Viscounts.

IF the previous is correct, would Henri have a title? Keeping in mind the revolution. I know that some nobles did escape and that Napoleon kinda (my memory is foggy on this) brought back some noble titles.

Basically I'd like to have a title if it makes sense. Baron is fine. I'm just quirky that way. I'd think newly minted after the recent death of my father, grandfather having survived the revolution.
Old February 5th, 2014, 09:35 AM
Absent Friend

Gallery : 11
rancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanos View Post
According to the rules with my soc of 4 I'd be part of the gentry. Clarify that for me. What composes "the gentry"? Especially as opposed to the aristocracy. I'm under the impression that "the gentry" are low ranking nobles such as Barons and Viscounts.
That's incorrect. The gentry are gentlemen, esquires, knights, and baronets. A subsection of that is the landed gentry who can live entirely off rental income.

Hans
Old February 5th, 2014, 11:51 AM
Peer of the Realm

Thanos Citizen

So simply wealthy families with no peerage. How disappointing.
Old February 5th, 2014, 09:56 PM
Peer of the Realm

Thanos Citizen
Default What are we doing?

I see where we are beginning to equip for our mission but I can not find where the details have ever been stated. I would assume that to be part of the interview process. So since we skipped a description of actual lunch we can get a brief on the mission that happened while we dined.

Unless this type of mission is a regular thing during the era and it's understood what we are doing? If that's the case some one needs to fill me in.
Old February 5th, 2014, 11:16 PM

Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanos View Post
I see where we are beginning to equip for our mission but I can not find where the details have ever been stated. I would assume that to be part of the interview process. So since we skipped a description of actual lunch we can get a brief on the mission that happened while we dined.

Unless this type of mission is a regular thing during the era and it's understood what we are doing? If that's the case some one needs to fill me in.
Don't ask me, I just shoot things.

Now, I admit to some curiosity about what all things I might be expected to shoot. I thought I'd shoot dinosaurs with a Hotchkiss Rotating Cannon, and shoot Lizard Men and maybe hostile humans with a rifle.

Now it seems that the cannon is for pirates (?) and I'm supposed to shoot dinosaurs with a rifle, hence the interest in having an elephant gun on board. I suppose I'll use my bayonet on the Lizard Men, and just beat any hostile humans with my superior Fisticuffs.

Other than that, I'm just along for the ride.

Imperial Core Update: In other news, Emperor Strephon Aella Alkhalikoi is... still alive.

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki: Reavers' Deep during The Long Night
Old February 6th, 2014, 01:15 AM
Administrator

Visit aramis's Blog

Just a reminder about ranks - not that it's going to matter much on venus...

Regimental Sjt Major(♔)
Company Sjt Major
Staff Sjt Major
Staff Sjt (RE, RArty)/Color Sjt (Foot)
\/
\/
\/
Sjt\/ (red)
\/
\/
Lance Sjt\/ (white)
\/
\/
Corporal \/
\/
Lance Corporal\/
Private

I'll add a note in the main about what the actual survey orders are.

Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
MCG - Battle of Boughene