Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > Classic Traveller

Classic Traveller Discussion on the granddaddy of them all, Classic Traveller!

Old July 22nd, 2005, 04:26 PM
Noble

Gallery : 0
mike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizen
Well, you probably know how the rest goes.

I was just wondering, has anyone actually used this as the opening scene for their Traveller campaign?

How would it play out from the perspective of:

the Free Trader Beowulf crew

a merchant ship receiving the signal

a detached scout, plus guests, receiving the signal

a mercenary group

a corsair band

an active duty navy backstory

etc.
Old July 22nd, 2005, 04:26 PM
Noble

mike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizen
Well, you probably know how the rest goes.

I was just wondering, has anyone actually used this as the opening scene for their Traveller campaign?

How would it play out from the perspective of:

the Free Trader Beowulf crew

a merchant ship receiving the signal

a detached scout, plus guests, receiving the signal

a mercenary group

a corsair band

an active duty navy backstory

etc.
Old July 22nd, 2005, 05:46 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

parmasson Citizen
Used this or something close several times now.

This is free trader. . . <inaudible> . . . help for <inaudible> sake help! . . . . we are carrying medical supplies and colonists bound for <inaudible> we are under attack. Mayday, mayd <inaudible> We are <inaudible> cabin pressure we <inaudible> . . . please is there anybody out there . . . please help!

The attackers are more often than not Vargr raiders.

It has traditionally been from the point of view of active duty naval characters or scouts that arrive on the scene by accident.

From the trader's point of view the situation must be desperate. Out gunned, outmanned and alone. Nothing left to do but run up the white flag and hope for the best. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

It depends, a megacorp liner might have a company policy about stuff like that. Don't get involved, pick up survivors if you are able to and report the situation to the local/Imperial authorities. An armed independent merchant might respond.

Anyone crazy enough to enlist in the scouts and lucky enough to survive to retirement would give it a shot.

I am sure merc groups would respond if they were not on their way to a better deal. They are in the area anyway and they would have their clients over a barrel. If the odds look good why not? If not then forget it.
Old July 22nd, 2005, 05:46 PM

parmasson Citizen
Used this or something close several times now.

This is free trader. . . <inaudible> . . . help for <inaudible> sake help! . . . . we are carrying medical supplies and colonists bound for <inaudible> we are under attack. Mayday, mayd <inaudible> We are <inaudible> cabin pressure we <inaudible> . . . please is there anybody out there . . . please help!

The attackers are more often than not Vargr raiders.

It has traditionally been from the point of view of active duty naval characters or scouts that arrive on the scene by accident.

From the trader's point of view the situation must be desperate. Out gunned, outmanned and alone. Nothing left to do but run up the white flag and hope for the best. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

It depends, a megacorp liner might have a company policy about stuff like that. Don't get involved, pick up survivors if you are able to and report the situation to the local/Imperial authorities. An armed independent merchant might respond.

Anyone crazy enough to enlist in the scouts and lucky enough to survive to retirement would give it a shot.

I am sure merc groups would respond if they were not on their way to a better deal. They are in the area anyway and they would have their clients over a barrel. If the odds look good why not? If not then forget it.
Old July 22nd, 2005, 09:54 PM

Gallery : 28
Visit kafka47's Blog
kafka47 Citizen
This is the openning line for a graphic novel that I would hope to get published one day, if I can get teamed up with an artist that wants to do a labour love...although, my standards are high...I would want to see something like this:

For more images, pls visit the Dark Horse website, as it promises to be a dozy series...images (c) Dark Horse Comics

Check out the calendar for active Toronto Traveller games: http://www.meetup.com/Toronto-Area-Gamers/
Old July 22nd, 2005, 09:54 PM

Visit kafka47's Blog
kafka47 Citizen
This is the openning line for a graphic novel that I would hope to get published one day, if I can get teamed up with an artist that wants to do a labour love...although, my standards are high...I would want to see something like this:

For more images, pls visit the Dark Horse website, as it promises to be a dozy series...images (c) Dark Horse Comics

Check out the calendar for active Toronto Traveller games: http://www.meetup.com/Toronto-Area-Gamers/
Old July 22nd, 2005, 09:56 PM

Visit kafka47's Blog
kafka47 Citizen
And then they say that we must all bow down to Manga/Anime...I don't think so.

Old July 22nd, 2005, 09:56 PM

Visit kafka47's Blog
kafka47 Citizen
And then they say that we must all bow down to Manga/Anime...I don't think so.

Old July 23rd, 2005, 01:55 AM
Noble

I hate Manga/Anime...

that picture is

Thanks kafka [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old July 23rd, 2005, 01:55 AM
Noble

I hate Manga/Anime...

that picture is

Thanks kafka [img]smile.gif[/img]