Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > Classic Traveller

Classic Traveller Discussion on the granddaddy of them all, Classic Traveller!

Old November 26th, 2014, 07:41 PM
Citizen: SOC-12

Gallery : 0
Shadowfax Citizen
Default Zhodani

Has anyone got a thread out there on the Zhodani? If not I would like to start one.
Old November 26th, 2014, 07:50 PM
Absent Friend

Gallery : 11
rancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowfax View Post
Has anyone got a thread out there on the Zhodani? If not I would like to start one.
If you look at the bottom of this thread, you'll find links to four other threads that the software deems likely to be related. And if you do a search for 'Zhodani', you get a long list of threads (or posts) where the search term can be found.

Hans
Old November 27th, 2014, 01:19 PM
Noble

mike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizen

What did you have in mind to discuss?
Old November 27th, 2014, 01:37 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Visit McPerth's Blog
McPerth has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike wightman View Post
I guess he thought we will read it .

I'm not afraid about bullets, what scares me is the speed at which they're incoming.
Old June 25th, 2015, 05:59 PM

Shadowfax Citizen
Talking

I am very patient.
Old June 25th, 2015, 06:04 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 114
flykiller Citizen++flykiller Citizen++flykiller Citizen++flykiller Citizen++

Quote:
he will decide what you have in mind to discuss.
Old June 25th, 2015, 06:14 PM

Shadowfax Citizen
Smile Everything Zhodani

Everything Zhodani

Especially, culture, habits, customs, behaviour, playing Zhodani, tactics, etc. I realize that these have been touched on and that there is a lot of information out there in the various books and publications (I think I have read nearly all the classic traveller stuff.) I have my own implementation of Zhodani IMTU and I just wonder what others think and do with the Zhos.
Old June 25th, 2015, 06:28 PM

Shadowfax Citizen
Default Society

Ok, so I will just throw a few thoughts out here....
We know that there is little or no crime.
We know that Zhodani like to be productive, social members of their society and help others out.
Yet, we also know that there is a Prole caste, who are non-psionic.
We also know there is the Tavrchedl'.
1.) How do the Zhodani justify war?
2.) Are the proles maybe more barbaric that the Nobles and the intendants?
I think like only 20-30% of Zhodani are really psionic and belong to the noble and intendant castes. I seem to remember this. Correct me if I am wrong.
3.)I know it is possible for 20-30% of the society to "police" the rest of the population, but how capable are the Zhodani of doing this?

4.)I see the Zhodani society on one hand as being very harmonious. I think that while conformance to certain norms is the rule, that this does not preclude individualism or freedom. What do you think?

5.) IMTU -There are also blunts and screamers. Blunts are people who are psionic, but their only talent is not being able to be effected by psionics. Ok, or course you can throw them into a wall using telepathy, but you can't probe them or read their thoughts, they are blunts.
Screamers on the other hand are people who are psionic, but cannot control their psionic powers. They emit something like "psionic noise". Both blunts and screamers are treated as disabled persons. What do you think of this idea and how do you think that Zhodani society would deal with their disablilites/gifts?

6.) Another idea. Since the Imperium is so paranoid about psionics, wouldn't it be likely that they have a secret police of psi-hunters maybe some of whom are also psionic?
Old June 26th, 2015, 02:54 AM
Administrator

Gallery : 53
Visit aramis's Blog
aramis has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to aramis Send a message via AIM to aramis Send a message via Yahoo to aramis

Quote:
We know that Zhodani like to be productive, social members of their society and help others out.
I think like only 20-30% of Zhodani are really psionic and belong to the noble and intendant castes. I seem to remember this. Correct me if I am wrong.
3.)I know it is possible for 20-30% of the society to "police" the rest of the population, but how capable are the Zhodani of doing this?

4.)I see the Zhodani society on one hand as being very harmonious. I think that while conformance to certain norms is the rule, that this does not preclude individualism or freedom. What do you think?

5.) IMTU -There are also blunts and screamers. Blunts are people who are psionic, but their only talent is not being able to be effected by psionics. Ok, or course you can throw them into a wall using telepathy, but you can't probe them or read their thoughts, they are blunts.
Screamers on the other hand are people who are psionic, but cannot control their psionic powers. They emit something like "psionic noise". Both blunts and screamers are treated as disabled persons. What do you think of this idea and how do you think that Zhodani society would deal with their disablilites/gifts?

6.) Another idea. Since the Imperium is so paranoid about psionics, wouldn't it be likely that they have a secret police of psi-hunters maybe some of whom are also psionic?
Canon has two surviving Imperially authorized psionic institutes - one on Terra, one in the Marches.

Archduke of Sylea (CORE 2118)
Duke of the Third Imperium (SPIN 0534)
Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
Count of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2232)
Viscount of Adabicci (SPIN 1824)
Marquis of the Solomani Rim (SOLO 0606)
Marquis of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2410)
Baron of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2231)
Knight of the Iridium Throne (CORE 1434)
Sir William Hostman (OLDE 0512)
Sir William Hostman (DAGU 0622)
Knight of Deneb (REFT 2239)
Knight of Deneb (Spin 2532)
SEH w/Diamonds for Extreme Heroism - Battle of Boughene
MCG - Battle of Boughene
TAS: William Hostman (CORR 2506)
TAS: Bearer (DAIB 1326)
IMTU ct+ tm++ tne tg-- tt+ tmo+ t4- t20+ to ru+ ge+ 3i+ c+ jt au ls pi+ ta he+ st+
Wil Hostman 0602 C539857-9 S A724
OTU: 95% 3i an+ au+ br- cpu± dt± f+ fs++ ge± ih- inf± j± jf+ jm+ jt+ ls- n= nc+ pi+ pp-- tp+ tr+ tv- vi-- xb+-
Unless there is bold red text, presume my posts to be my personal material only.
Old June 27th, 2015, 04:05 PM
Citizen: SOC-11

JBRocky Citizen

Quote:

1) Well the Zho's see the Imperium as a bunch of mentally unstable evil types its not that hard. Plus the 1st FW started because Imperials were displacing Zho's colonies.

2) I would say Proles are not more barbaric than Nobles since the Proles are watched over by the Police and not so much for the Nobles who get freedom of thought.

3) I would say pretty good

Ok going to edit my post just to add some stuff.

Got me looking at all my Zhodani stuff and the Consular Guards in particular. Just wondering if other people think there are just WAY to many Commando Groupments? I mean there are one per most regiments, two per Assualt Regiments, two per Division, three per Corps and that is just the Consualr Guard units, makes it look like they are the most common unit there is.

Last edited by JBRocky; June 27th, 2015 at 08:34 PM..