Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Play By Post > Space Badger's Reaver's Deep

Space Badger's Reaver's Deep SpaceBadger's SBRD game

Old August 7th, 2014, 08:02 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 39
Visit Magnus von Thornwood's Blog
Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++
Small Starburst Cameras?

"Wilson Sterling"
*lean in to Harry*
"Don't suppose you have security cameras in here do you? Perhaps with a print capability so we could get hard copy pic of these goons? Pretty sure we can compensate you for the time and supplies used."

EDIT:[OOC: Hey Ref, can I roll my Liaison-3 and see if I can get a handle on Harry? And if so, go ahead and roll it for me, since this one is technically out of my control. I still want to roll my own shooty-bang-bang attempts, those rely mostly on my Skill.]
Duke of Sinta, Count Smoug, Viscount Alell, Musayid, & Nii Khu, Marquis Malory & Phlume, Baron Donu-na,
Knight Retainer of the Emperor for Salla, Inarli, & Bhuur,
Knight Retainer of the Baron Jacha, Knight Retainer of the Baronet Kiind,
Knight of the Third Imperium for Trane,
Travellers' Aid Society Member #0543.

Thornwood-Daarnulud LLC

"Some annoying, some entertaining, a few informative, but, Always, Magnus."
dean

Last edited by Magnus von Thornwood; August 7th, 2014 at 08:42 PM.. Reason: Question for the Ref.
Old August 7th, 2014, 08:53 PM
Citizen: SOC-9

Gallery : 0
SType Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus von Thornwood View Post
"Wilson Sterling"
*lean in to Harry*
"Don't suppose you have security cameras in here do you? Perhaps with a print capability so we could get hard copy pic of these goons? Pretty sure we can compensate you for the time and supplies used."
While Wilson engages Anders, Niven texts Fergus McLean:

"Can we meet outside Hotshots soonest re: previous inquiry? Request involves additional consulting fee."
Old August 7th, 2014, 11:58 PM
Peer of the Realm

Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Quote:
"Wilson Sterling"
*lean in to Harry*
Anders grimaces. "Well, you know the majority of our customers are not real fond of being photographed, or any kind of surveillance. For that matter, the last place I heard that tried it got a visit from some Triarchy goons and took the system out real soon afterward. One thing I don't like about this place, we have so fracking many unwritten rules, and some of 'em have some really serious consequences, sometimes it's like walking through a minefield!"

Quote:
EDIT:[OOC: Hey Ref, can I roll my Liaison-3 and see if I can get a handle on Harry? And if so, go ahead and roll it for me, since this one is technically out of my control. I still want to roll my own shooty-bang-bang attempts, those rely mostly on my Skill.]
Ah, that's always a tough one, wanting to use interpersonal skills on another PC. I usually just say roll 'em, tell both people how it came out, and if it influences their roleplaying of relations between the PCs that's good, if not then oh well.

(2d6+3)[6]
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

Playing ex-Ranger Frank Masuda in Magnus's Permatic Imperium T5 PbP
Playing Engineer Ank Buchannon in flykiller's Imperial Scout Rescue Service PbP

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki: Reavers' Deep during The Long Night
Old August 8th, 2014, 12:02 AM
Peer of the Realm

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SType View Post
While Wilson engages Anders, Niven texts Fergus McLean:

"Can we meet outside Hotshots soonest re: previous inquiry? Request involves additional consulting fee."
Text comes back: "Sure. But no shooting, right?"
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
Old August 8th, 2014, 12:08 AM

SType Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBadger View Post
Text comes back: "Sure. But no shooting, right?"
"No shooting, but we might want to take a walk down Control. Thx."
Old August 8th, 2014, 12:55 AM
Peer of the Realm

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

About half an hour later, after Harris, Victor, and Wilson have had some time to trade stories, jokes, and lies, Harris's contact Fergus McLean shows up.

"Hey, Harry. What else can I tell you?"

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
Old August 8th, 2014, 06:48 AM

SType Citizen

Quote:
About half an hour later, after Harris, Victor, and Wilson have had some time to trade stories, jokes, and lies, Harris's contact Fergus McLean shows up.

"Hey, Harry. What else can I tell you?"
"Fergus, thanks for stopping by." Niven introduces him to the other two, then turns to the bartender, "Anders, it's been a pleasure, as always." He drops his card and a folded CR100 note into the tip jar. "I expect you still have my comm code, but in case you mislaid it when you left the Black Thumb...I'd take it as a personal favor if you would message me if you learn anything else about the matter we discussed earlier. And call me about that job--I'll make it worth your while."

Turning back to Fergus: "Step outside with me." Niven gets up and ambles toward the secondary door Anders indicated earlier, leaning slightly on his cane.
Old August 8th, 2014, 08:02 AM
Peer of the Realm

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Fergus is a dour, plain-spoken man of coastal Indian descent. Although not a Sikh, he may have one in his ancestry, as he follows the customs of not cutting his hair or beard, having the oiled ringlets of the first wound up in his turban, and the oiled strands of the second tucked in at his shirt collar.

"What can I do fer ye, Harris Niven?" he asks. "I was na' payin' ne' sharp attention t' these lads wen I saw 'em," he explains. "I jus' remember seein' 'em somewhere along me route, th' six of 'em like a grim parade an' all, vaccsuited up an' followin' along tha' floater pallet."

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
Old August 8th, 2014, 11:18 AM

SType Citizen

Quote:
Fergus is a dour, plain-spoken man of coastal Indian descent. Although not a Sikh, he may have one in his ancestry, as he follows the customs of not cutting his hair or beard, having the oiled ringlets of the first wound up in his turban, and the oiled strands of the second tucked in at his shirt collar.

"What can I do fer ye, Harris Niven?" he asks. "I was na' payin' ne' sharp attention t' these lads wen I saw 'em," he explains. "I jus' remember seein' 'em somewhere along me route, th' six of 'em like a grim parade an' all, vaccsuited up an' followin' along tha' floater pallet."
Once outside, Niven politely gestures for McLean to follow him across the Control corridor. On the other side, he turns, directing both their attention back toward Hotshots and down Control in the direction of the cross-corridor Anders mention. He responds, "Fergus, I really do appreciate you coming by to help me out. Thank you. On the comm, you said you didn't remember where or when you saw the gentlemen we discussed." He indicates the corridor. "Does this section ring any bells, by any chance?"
Old August 8th, 2014, 01:57 PM
Peer of the Realm

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Fergus looks doubtfully up and down this section of Control Avenue and the cross-corridor. "Nay, I dinna think so. I recollect I was drivin' me crawler, movin someone's freight. Seems like I was a lot further back on Control Ave. toward the end by the bulkheads, y'know. Now ye remind me these six was all wearin' vaccuits wi' no helmets, like they was headin' outside or into teh "No Pressure" sections. Either way woulda made sense at that end of th' Ave, but up here na so much, ye ken."

My Old Stuff (2013-14)