Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Play By Post > Magnus' Permatic PBF

View Poll Results: What sort of adventures do you want to play?
Trade and Commerce 32 50.00%
Military Campaign 25 39.06%
Diplomatic and Court Intrigues 17 26.56%
Exploration 48 75.00%
Other: Post Answer 8 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old June 23rd, 2014, 04:37 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 39
Visit Magnus von Thornwood's Blog
Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++
Cool Planning for the future.

So, provided we have everyone on board I am wondering what the plan of action was as of 003-0200?

Oh, and Lord Martel, think less one tiny squad and more like the Rat Patrols or even the more successful East India Companies. You are looking at a larger force than a squad, this is a company or even battalion level gig.

That squad stuff is for scruffy Free Trader types.

You, sir, are Noble of the Imperium and are expected to lead dashing missions against the Enemies of the Imperium (and the Company) conveinently using local forces and maybe a gunboat or two. Also, turning a profit is sort of expected, running up too much debt without some goods and cash coming back tends to get one recalled to Captial. Just thought you might want to know.
Duke of Sinta, Count Smoug, Viscount Alell, Musayid, & Nii Khu, Marquis Malory & Phlume, Baron Donu-na,
Knight Retainer of the Emperor for Salla, Inarli, & Bhuur,
Knight Retainer of the Baron Jacha, Knight Retainer of the Baronet Kiind,
Knight of the Third Imperium for Trane,
Travellers' Aid Society Member #0543.

Thornwood-Daarnulud LLC

"Some annoying, some entertaining, a few informative, but, Always, Magnus."
dean
Old June 23rd, 2014, 05:29 PM
Peer of the Realm

Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus von Thornwood View Post
So, provided we have everyone on board I am wondering what the plan of action was as of 003-0200?
Frank was just waiting for a reply from Wally as to whether or not he wanted to come out bar-hopping with the Scouts, but if we are skipping over Holiday festivities (Frank shouldn't be that trashed; didn't I write something about him taking some preventative meds before going out?) then I guess Frank will notify Wally that the docs are ready now, and wait to see what his new CO wants to do.

I'll edit my last post to change the bits that conflict w what you've said above, then do a new one for 003-0200.
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

Playing ex-Ranger Frank Masuda in Magnus's Permatic Imperium T5 PbP
Playing Engineer Ank Buchannon in flykiller's Imperial Scout Rescue Service PbP

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki: Reavers' Deep during The Long Night
Old June 23rd, 2014, 07:42 PM
Absent Friends Margrave

Gallery : 0
Visit pendragonman's Blog
pendragonman Citizen+pendragonman Citizen+pendragonman Citizen+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus von Thornwood View Post

Oh, and Lord Martel, think less one tiny squad and more like the Rat Patrols or even the more successful East India Companies. You are looking at a larger force than a squad, this is a company or even battalion level gig.

That squad stuff is for scruffy Free Trader types.

You, sir, are Noble of the Imperium and are expected to lead dashing missions against the Enemies of the Imperium (and the Company) conveinently using local forces and maybe a gunboat or two. Also, turning a profit is sort of expected, running up too much debt without some goods and cash coming back tends to get one recalled to Captial. Just thought you might want to know.
1) We don't have transport for a company sized unit. Just a cramped and (inevitably) smelly type S.

2) This is the merc unit for Sebi Markov, not the Huscarls for Baronet Martel. A small, grubby unit of expediters is what will be expected. This will also let me vet a few for perhaps cadre duty for Baronet Martel's mercs, when I raise them actively. I (Martel) need more income first.

3) Sebi Markov is NOT a noble of the Imperium. Valdemar Martel is. After the drop, I assumed the Sebi Markov cover and likely won't drop it until I see the Admiral or HI&RM again. Of course, that may mean I stack a few bodies of those that breach my cover...Sigh.

4) My thoughts on Baronet Markov's personal troops is to draw as many retired/medically retired Royal Marines into my teams as possible. I am figuring a headquarters platoon including service/support types (electronics, mechanics, armorers, medics, commo, transport, logistics), 2 commando platoons consisting of 5-5 man teams (at least), 1 heavy weapons platoon, a grav tank platoon or two, and a regular infantry platoon or two. All of which is easily inflatable to battalion/Force size as I plan to have spare equipment for just that purpose.

You don't do any of that without successful tickets, which drive profits and reputation.

3 times elevated Knight of the Iridium Throne, Marquis Djar, Marquis of the Solomani Rim (Fafhrd), Count Uakye, and Count Jana. Duke Ninua of the Imperial Core.
Old June 23rd, 2014, 07:50 PM
Absent Friends Margrave

Also, need to know if I was correct on the meteor drop difficulty.

3 times elevated Knight of the Iridium Throne, Marquis Djar, Marquis of the Solomani Rim (Fafhrd), Count Uakye, and Count Jana. Duke Ninua of the Imperial Core.
Old June 23rd, 2014, 08:09 PM
Peer of the Realm

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendragonman View Post
1) We don't have transport for a company sized unit. Just a cramped and (inevitably) smelly type S.

2) This is the merc unit for Sebi Markov, not the Huscarls for Baronet Martel. A small, grubby unit of expediters is what will be expected. This will also let me vet a few for perhaps cadre duty for Baronet Martel's mercs, when I raise them actively. I (Martel) need more income first.

3) Sebi Markov is NOT a noble of the Imperium. Valdemar Martel is. After the drop, I assumed the Sebi Markov cover and likely won't drop it until I see the Admiral or HI&RM again. Of course, that may mean I stack a few bodies of those that breach my cover...Sigh.

4) My thoughts on Baronet Markov's personal troops is to draw as many retired/medically retired Royal Marines into my teams as possible. I am figuring a headquarters platoon including service/support types (electronics, mechanics, armorers, medics, commo, transport, logistics), 2 commando platoons consisting of 5-5 man teams (at least), 1 heavy weapons platoon, a grav tank platoon or two, and a regular infantry platoon or two. All of which is easily inflatable to battalion/Force size as I plan to have spare equipment for just that purpose.

You don't do any of that without successful tickets, which drive profits and reputation.
I'll leave it to you and Magnus to hash out what sort of merc force we are recruiting at first, and how we are supposed to earn money for more; nothing to do with me, I'm just the bus driver (although for anything more than a squad, we're gonna need a LOT bigger bus... ).

As for what to do next... Does Wally have any supplies or equipment to load aboard? I think Magnus specified that Frank's requisitions have been delivered, and Frank has gotten the ship fueled and warmed up and cleared for lift-off whenever Wally is ready to leave. Is Pescias still our first destination?

One more thing: Do you mind if I delete my posts from our disagreement on 5/8 and 5/9? That would be #1012, #1013, #1015 for my side of it. I regret the disagreement, and it annoys me to be reminded when reviewing this thread.
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
Old June 23rd, 2014, 08:41 PM
Peer of the Realm

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Just thinking; I don't know all of what is involved with Wally's plans, but it occurs to me that if our first stop is going to be Pescias, where it would make sense for Wally to go and stay for awhile, wouldn't it make sense to make the identity swap there?

Wally Martel goes to Pescias aboard whatever transport he would ordinarily take (it wouldn't be proper for Baronet Martel to travel aboard a scruffy Type S!), and is incommunicado for some period of time getting his new Baronet stuff organized.

Frank transports "Sebi Markov" from Permatic to Pescias (actually just some luggage and an empty stateroom), stops off for fuel or something, giving Martel the opportunity to sneak aboard and become Markov, then onward to our next step in the recruiting plan.

Maybe there is some reason we are not doing it this way; just throwing out the suggestion.

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
Old June 23rd, 2014, 08:57 PM
Absent Friends Margrave

We are only going to Pescias if you need to go there. I have no need. My staff will get back with the family yacht. Pescias has a very small pop, not so much here on Permatic. One more Impie Jarhead NCO wandering around will attract no notice. Can't say that about the Martel home. Besides, all of the work my staff will be performing will give the idea that I am present giving orders like a newly promoted and thus motivated Noble.

For my purposes, we can go straight to the colony.

I don't think you can delete them, we only have that ability for 24 hours after posting. If you find a way, I am ok with it since we seem to be retconning it right out anyway.

As to gear, Sebi has three arming bags (matte black duffel bags) of stuff. Weapons, body armor, other. I can carry them all at once, so when I board I can load. Marines travel as light as we can. I would have more if I had some BD...hint hint.

Last edited by pendragonman; June 23rd, 2014 at 09:44 PM..
Old June 23rd, 2014, 11:05 PM
Peer of the Realm

Visit SpaceBadger's Blog

Quote:
We are only going to Pescias if you need to go there. I have no need.
No, I thought I had read somewhere that was our first scheduled destination. If not, then to what system has Sebi booked passage?

Quote:
For my purposes, we can go straight to the colony.
OK, whatever route Wally orders. But I thought we had to recruit some mercs somewhere along the way?

Quote:
I don't think you can delete them, we only have that ability for 24 hours after posting. If you find a way, I am ok with it since we seem to be retconning it right out anyway.
No, it worked just fine. I had an Edit button, did the Delete, POOF, gone. Maybe some bug bc I have sub-mod powers for SBRD?

Quote:
I would have more if I had some BD...hint hint.
BD?

Magnus says cover docs not ready until after Holiday, so I need to retcon that post of mine to fit. Frank will inform Wally in character.

My Old Stuff (2013-14)

Last edited by SpaceBadger; June 24th, 2014 at 11:25 PM..
Old June 24th, 2014, 07:59 AM
Absent Friends Margrave

Trying to recruit here (Permatic) for the Abonai work. Large pop=better chances.

BD=Battle Dress.

Originally I was going to Ories to get the Count. Since he is no longer available, we don't need to go there. We might go by Ories just so we aren't tracked as making a Beeline to Abonai.

Old June 24th, 2014, 03:49 PM
Absent Friends Margrave

Spacebadger, I recommend taking a look at the Far Stars sector star charts. They are enlightening.

http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Gal...oti-chart2.jpg

Closed Thread