Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > General Traveller Discussions > The Lone Star

The Lone Star Meet, greet and socialize with your fellow Travellers in the Lone Star Lounge. Random Topics.

Old October 13th, 2019, 11:09 PM
Peer of the Realm

Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen
Cool Kindle Science Fiction MegaPacks VERY CHEAP!

I'm just getting ready for my 100th (maybe, I haven't really kept track) re-read of H.Beam Piper's "Four-Day Planet," turning at this time not to a well-worn paperback on a shelf somewhere but to my handy H.Beam Piper MegaPack kindle book, a compilation of 8 Piper novels and 25 short stories, which I scored from Amazon some time back for mere chump change, 59 cents!!! Of course I have already told my fellow Piper-addict Timerover51 about this treasure trove, but it occurs to me now that I ought to share the bounty with y'all, the rest of my CotI friends.

Even if you're not already a Piper fan, this is surely worth a look for 59 cents! You don't ned an actual Kindle device (I don't have one), just a free app on your phone, tablet, or computer. Piper's classic, "Space Viking," was an acknowledged influence on Marc Miller in the creation of Classic Traveller, and although that novel is also available for free from Project Gutenberg, I find my kindle MegaPack much handier.

Amazon also has these MegaPacks available for other SF authors from the Golden Age, all for either 59 or 99 cents. I know I have Piper, Andre Norton, Poul Anderson (some less popular works, but still nice), Fritz Lieber, Cyril Kornbluth... don't recall who else. Also some theme packs w short stories from multiple authors.

There, you are now informed. You know what to do. Or not. I'm off to enjoy the adventures of ace reporter Walter Boyd on Federation colony Fenris, home of gangster politicians and honest to goodness Sea Monsters.

Playing Engineer Ank Buchannon in flykiller's Imperial Scout Rescue Service PbP

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki: Reavers' Deep during The Long Night

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.