Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > T20 - Traveller for the D20 System

T20 - Traveller for the D20 System Open discussion on the D20 version of Traveller!

Old February 21st, 2006, 07:05 PM
Citizen: SOC-3

Gallery : 0
AzSteven Citizen
In the lovely Personal Weapons Guide for T20, there is a small comment regarding AP ammo as being '-5 PV' However, there is no indication as to what PV is (there is a comment about shotgun ammo being -1 PV per range increment which seems to confuse the issue further).

Am I missing a reference in that book or in the T20 main book somewhere? What might this be?
Old February 21st, 2006, 07:22 PM
Noble

Gallery : 12
Visit far-trader's Blog
far-trader Citizen
I think it was supposed to be for Penetration Value, as a measure against armor, but somewhere along the way the rules changed and the reference didn't get edited. But that's just a guess. You will want to check out the errata files for the book if you haven't. While not complete they will help a bit.

Original material in this post may be employed for personal non-profit use with the origin noted. Any other use is subject to permission from the author. Contact me through the private message feature of this board.

Fund Rare Bard Rants - Donate your unused rants today!

Musings of an old Trader... (my CotI Travellog) updated - May 3 2012
Old February 23rd, 2006, 10:02 AM
Citizen: SOC-12

Gallery : 0
archhealer Citizen
Send a message via AIM to archhealer
You know, they don't explain it, but I think someplace in one of the books, it does say that the PV value of the ammo is subtracted from the AR of the target for determining damage, before the damage itself gets reduced. I don't know where I read that, but I definately remember it. though, they did not in fact say what PV actually stood for, Penetration Value sounds as good as anything.
GM--\"Ok, you\'re firing the tank\'s pulse laser at the door you want to open?\"<br />Player--\"Oh god no, that\'s insane, you\'re right. I\'ll pile those propane tanks against the door and shoot them with my RAM launcher.\"