Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > MegaTraveller

MegaTraveller Discuss of the MegaTraveller ruleset and the Rebellion Milieu

Old March 24th, 2005, 05:00 AM
Citizen: SOC-13

Gallery : 0
alanb Citizen
Quote:
Originally posted by kaladorn:
Ah, okay. He might have been, at that. He got some sort of sidebar mention, didn't he...? Hmmm.
He had a reasonable mention in Rebellion Sourcebook, in the section on Lucan's faction. Essentially, he was the only Archduke (besides Adair of Sol, who wasn't in any position to support anyone!) to support Lucan. He was an example of the honourable noble doing what he felt was right, even if Lucan was a total jerk.

While he wouldn't break with Lucan unless Lucan broke with him first, he would be in a good position to inherit control of the better bits of Lucan's faction once Lucan stops a bullet.

Of course, potentially he might then declare for Margaret! She is, after all, the next in the Alkhalikoi line of succession. But that would be a rather suicidally formalistic measure, that he might not be willing to take.

Either way, he's one of the rare examples of named second tier leaders we have, so he needs to be considered when we ponder possible outcomes of the Rebellion.

As for Strephon: forget it. Real or fake, he ain't comin' back.
Old March 24th, 2005, 09:33 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 7
Visit Border Reiver's Blog
Border Reiver Citizen
Quick, mobilize the fleets. These people are all traitors.

Margaret backs slavery and the self interest of her husband's corporate interests.

Bzrk has take a big chunk of the Imperium and handed over to doggy hating pirates.

Craig is a lizard.

The Vilani are living in the past, the very very distant past.

Lucan is a murderer and a spoilt brat, don't know which is worse.

Norris is a power mad liar who has consistently usurped the legitimate power. would be suprised if he arranged his elder sibling's fatal accident whilst he was still serving in the INI.

Solomani can't even agree a consistent policy for themselves let alone the Imperium.

Adair feigns support but is busy carving out his own petty polity.

Tranian is a weak willed moron that allowed the dissolution of the moot and advanced the war by his inaction.

Dulinor. Capable but he did try to murder his supposed friend.

Strephon forever.

"I have come to believe there is nothing in the lives of human beings more terrifying than war and nothing more important than for those of us who have experienced it to share its awful truth."- Ron Kovic

Border Reiver Citizen

Margaret backs slavery and the self interest of her husband's corporate interests.

Bzrk has take a big chunk of the Imperium and handed over to doggy hating pirates.

Craig is a lizard.

Norris is a power mad liar who has consistently usurped the legitimate power. would be suprised if he arranged his elder sibling's fatal accident whilst he was still serving in the INI.

Solomani can't even agree a consistent policy for themselves let alone the Imperium.

Tranian is a weak willed moron that allowed the dissolution of the moot and advanced the war by his inaction.

Strephon forever.

"I have come to believe there is nothing in the lives of human beings more terrifying than war and nothing more important than for those of us who have experienced it to share its awful truth."- Ron Kovic

Border Reiver Citizen

Craig is a lizard.

Strephon forever.

Old March 24th, 2005, 01:17 PM
Administrator

Gallery : 56
Visit aramis's Blog
aramis has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to aramis Send a message via AIM to aramis Send a message via Yahoo to aramis
From Tranian's position, Allowing Dulinor, Craig, and Brzrk to rejoin the imperium would be likely... Tranian is likely to be made Regent Imperialis, rather than Emperor. Get all the work, without the bullseye being so big.

Margaret would be allowed back, but like Dulinor, would have to renounce claim to the throne while a suitable heir was found for a Tranian regency. (Shades of Arbellatra....)

Tranian is more likely, IMO, to pursue a violent course against the vilani, or to impose sanctions upon a non-violent return. Perhaps as far as deleting the domain, and attaching the 4 sectors to neighboring domains... and thus breaking up regional factions (at the expense of efficiency)

Tranian has several advantages:
1) he never sided against the heir.
2) he's there
3) he's not happy with how Lucan ran things, but still, the emperor was the emperor. He remained loyal despite the problems.

Now, i can see Tranian offering the following:
"Dulinor, you vacate your lands and titles, in exchange for which you receive the regent's pardon. Then you personally pack up, move to capital, and help me implement those reforms you sought. But before all of this, you publicly command your domain to do homage unto the 3I, and me as Regent. Deliver me your domain, and You may implement your reforms, just not as Emperor."

Likewise, the capital moot would probably NOT confirm Dulinor; especially if Lucan's dead, and Dulinor isn't there yet.

Margaret essentially forfeit her claim when she failed to make it at the time; 10 years of hostility, and the capital moot is unlikely to let her even vote, let alone claim the throne.

Archduke of Sylea (CORE 2118)
Duke of the Third Imperium (SPIN 0534)
Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
Count of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2232)
Viscount of Adabicci (SPIN 1824)
Marquis of the Solomani Rim (SOLO 0606)
Marquis of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2410)
Baron of the Third Imperium (SPIN 2231)
Knight of the Iridium Throne (CORE 1434)
Sir William Hostman (OLDE 0512)
Sir William Hostman (DAGU 0622)
Knight of Deneb (REFT 2239)
Knight of Deneb (Spin 2532)
SEH w/Diamonds for Extreme Heroism - Battle of Boughene
MCG - Battle of Boughene
TAS: William Hostman (CORR 2506)
TAS: Bearer (DAIB 1326)
IMTU ct+ tm++ tne tg-- tt+ tmo+ t4- t20+ to ru+ ge+ 3i+ c+ jt au ls pi+ ta he+ st+
Wil Hostman 0602 C539857-9 S A724
OTU: 95% 3i an+ au+ br- cpu± dt± f+ fs++ ge± ih- inf± j± jf+ jm+ jt+ ls- n= nc+ pi+ pp-- tp+ tr+ tv- vi-- xb+-
Unless there is bold red text, presume my posts to be my personal material only.
Administrator

Visit aramis's Blog
Send a message via ICQ to aramis Send a message via AIM to aramis Send a message via Yahoo to aramis
From Tranian's position, Allowing Dulinor, Craig, and Brzrk to rejoin the imperium would be likely... Tranian is likely to be made Regent Imperialis, rather than Emperor. Get all the work, without the bullseye being so big.

Margaret would be allowed back, but like Dulinor, would have to renounce claim to the throne while a suitable heir was found for a Tranian regency. (Shades of Arbellatra....)

Tranian is more likely, IMO, to pursue a violent course against the vilani, or to impose sanctions upon a non-violent return. Perhaps as far as deleting the domain, and attaching the 4 sectors to neighboring domains... and thus breaking up regional factions (at the expense of efficiency)

2) he's there
3) he's not happy with how Lucan ran things, but still, the emperor was the emperor. He remained loyal despite the problems.

"Dulinor, you vacate your lands and titles, in exchange for which you receive the regent's pardon. Then you personally pack up, move to capital, and help me implement those reforms you sought. But before all of this, you publicly command your domain to do homage unto the 3I, and me as Regent. Deliver me your domain, and You may implement your reforms, just not as Emperor."

Likewise, the capital moot would probably NOT confirm Dulinor; especially if Lucan's dead, and Dulinor isn't there yet.

Margaret essentially forfeit her claim when she failed to make it at the time; 10 years of hostility, and the capital moot is unlikely to let her even vote, let alone claim the throne.

Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
MCG - Battle of Boughene
IMTU ct+ tm++ tne tg-- tt+ tmo+ t4- t20+ to ru+ ge+ 3i+ c+ jt au ls pi+ ta he+ st+
OTU: 95% 3i an+ au+ br- cpu± dt± f+ fs++ ge± ih- inf± j± jf+ jm+ jt+ ls- n= nc+ pi+ pp-- tp+ tr+ tv- vi-- xb+-
Unless there is bold red text, presume my posts to be my personal material only.
Administrator

Visit aramis's Blog

2) he's there

Count Terra (SOLO 1827)
Count Gorod (REFT 1302)
MCG - Battle of Boughene
Old March 24th, 2005, 02:01 PM
Citizen: SOC-8

Reg Redblade Citizen
This thread has reminded me of an MT issue that was never really clear to me.

Specifically : IS CRAIG ACTUALLY A LIZARD ?

It seems to indicate this in MT/RS with the picture but I don' think it actually refers to him as a non human (but I never saw any of the MT Challenge articles so maybe there was something in there ?)

If Craig is a non human - what race does he belong to and how did he make it to Archduke ? Or is this one of those wonderful MT openers that was never developed any further ?

Was there much work done in Challenge on Daibei ? Now you know why I am so looking forward to the CD-ROM .

RR

Reg Redblade Citizen

It seems to indicate this in MT/RS with the picture but I don' think it actually refers to him as a non human (but I never saw any of the MT Challenge articles so maybe there was something in there ?)

If Craig is a non human - what race does he belong to and how did he make it to Archduke ? Or is this one of those wonderful MT openers that was never developed any further ?

Was there much work done in Challenge on Daibei ? Now you know why I am so looking forward to the CD-ROM .

RR

Reg Redblade Citizen

RR