Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > MegaTraveller

MegaTraveller Discuss of the MegaTraveller ruleset and the Rebellion Milieu

Old April 26th, 2005, 09:29 AM
Citizen: SOC-4

Gallery : 0
tcabril Citizen
www.drivethrurpg.com has most of GDW's books available on PDF - pretty much what GDW had in its library when they went bankrupt (per drivethrurpg) and since I never played or read MegaTraveller I was wondering where I should start my collection.
I belive, at the least, I will need MegaTraveller Player's Manual and the MegaTraveller Referee's Manual.

But what else - just to get started?

Thanks.

I am a huge fan of Traveller and want to get as much access to the materials (regardless of version) as I can. I just plain love reading the stuff.

Thanks

tcabril Citizen
www.drivethrurpg.com has most of GDW's books available on PDF - pretty much what GDW had in its library when they went bankrupt (per drivethrurpg) and since I never played or read MegaTraveller I was wondering where I should start my collection.
I belive, at the least, I will need MegaTraveller Player's Manual and the MegaTraveller Referee's Manual.

Thanks.

I am a huge fan of Traveller and want to get as much access to the materials (regardless of version) as I can. I just plain love reading the stuff.

Thanks

tcabril Citizen

Thanks.

Thanks
Old April 26th, 2005, 01:49 PM
Citizen: SOC-13

FlightCommanderSolitude Citizen
The Imperial Encyclopedia is kind of cool for background material. That and the two volumes you mention comprised the original boxed set. I hear Hard Times is a keep, too, but I don't have that.

The Imperial Encyclopedia is kind of cool for background material. That and the two volumes you mention comprised the original boxed set. I hear Hard Times is a keep, too, but I don't have that.

Old April 26th, 2005, 01:59 PM
Citizen: SOC-12

theSea Citizen
The original MT box set contained the Player's Book, The Ref's book and the Imperial Encyclopedia. I'd recommend that as a basic 'getchagoin.'

The Referee's Companion is a collection of rules and OTU material that didn't make it into the first three books. If you're looking for OTU background material then the Rebellion Sourcebook and Hard Times would be next on the list.

COAAC and Fighting Ships are not essential unless you have a compelling need for broken starship and aircraft stats.

Most of the adventure materials are pretty good with Knightfall and Arrival Vengance being my personal faves.

Enjoy!

--michael

theSea Citizen
The original MT box set contained the Player's Book, The Ref's book and the Imperial Encyclopedia. I'd recommend that as a basic 'getchagoin.'

The Referee's Companion is a collection of rules and OTU material that didn't make it into the first three books. If you're looking for OTU background material then the Rebellion Sourcebook and Hard Times would be next on the list.

COAAC and Fighting Ships are not essential unless you have a compelling need for broken starship and aircraft stats.

Most of the adventure materials are pretty good with Knightfall and Arrival Vengance being my personal faves.

Enjoy!

--michael

theSea Citizen

Enjoy!

--michael
Old April 26th, 2005, 02:08 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Visit Chuck Anumia's Blog
Chuck Anumia Citizen+Chuck Anumia Citizen+
I would also get a copy of the LBB 101 starships and perhaps a copy of 76 Patrons to introduce your players to.
Count of Menorb (Spin) 1603 C652998-7
Count Palique (Spin) 3029 Palique A511965-E
Count Aramanx (Spin) 3005 Aramanx B657974-7
Viscount Edenelt (Spin) 2733 AA5638BD-B
Marquis Piram (Dene) E311777-7
Knight (Spin) 3029 Palique A511965-E
Knight of Deneb (Spin) 3005 Aramanx B657974-7
Sir Chuck Anumia (Troj) 2902 Bleak C9C6225-9
TAS- Fellow Troj 2902 Bleak C9C6225-9