Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Administration > TAS News Feed

TAS News Feed Traveller related news and information. Anyone may post new Traveller related news, but all new threads are moderated for approval before being displayed.

Old January 29th, 2019, 02:39 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 0
Visit Kilgs's Blog
Kilgs Citizen++Kilgs Citizen++Kilgs Citizen++Kilgs Citizen++

Any way of changing stellar values?

PS-Thanks mucho for this! The metadata function alone is a time-saver since you can see it/correct it in real-time.
Old January 29th, 2019, 02:43 PM
Citizen: SOC-13

Gallery : 4
agorski Citizen+agorski Citizen+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilgs View Post
Any way of changing stellar values?
Sadly, no. It's a complicated multi-step process to generate the stars and my eyes glazed over thinking about that.

The workaround is to create a new world, look at the stellar data, and if you don't like it delete the world and create a new one.
Old January 29th, 2019, 03:24 PM
Citizen: SOC-12

Maksim-Smelchak Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by agorski View Post
Sadly, no. It's a complicated multi-step process to generate the stars and my eyes glazed over thinking about that.

The workaround is to create a new world, look at the stellar data, and if you don't like it delete the world and create a new one.
Neat app. Thank you for sharing it.

Shalom,
M.
Old February 4th, 2019, 06:25 PM

Visit Kilgs's Blog
Kilgs Citizen++Kilgs Citizen++Kilgs Citizen++Kilgs Citizen++

Quote:
Originally Posted by agorski View Post
I hear ya... thanks a bunch though. It's speeding things up immensely.
Old August 3rd, 2020, 04:49 PM

Default Version 1.1 is out

New:
Incorporated changes corrected or clarified in the T5.10 rules.
Dark Mode support.

Changes:
Renamed Homogeneity to Heterogeneity.
World Infrastructure is now dependent on Population rather than Trade Codes.
Changed some interface colors here and there.
Old September 6th, 2020, 10:54 PM

Visit Timerover51's Blog
Timerover51 Beloved CitizenTimerover51 Beloved CitizenTimerover51 Beloved CitizenTimerover51 Beloved CitizenTimerover51 Beloved CitizenTimerover51 Beloved CitizenTimerover51 Beloved CitizenTimerover51 Beloved Citizen

Greetings, Art. I am trying to figure out how Sectormaker handles Amber and Red Zones. Based on the T5.09 and T5.10 rules, Amber Zone is dictated by population, with an added factor of "Dangerous" which is partly based on the Law Level.

I have worlds listed as "Amber Zone-Puzzling" that have both low populations and low Tech Levels, but worlds with the same population and higher Tech Levels are not so coded. I also have "X" star port worlds with no population not coded "Red". The "Amber Zone" listings are what is bugging me.

Actually, if you go with either the T5.09 or the T5.10 set of rules, the "Amber Zone" rating is based solely on population, with no other modifier. Therefore, in theory, every world should have an "Amber Zone" listing as either "Puzzling" or "Dangerous", depending on population size. This is definitely a bug in the rules as written.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElI451TxsTg, 3:24 in.
I march to my own set of bagpipes. Caution: This individual thinks that studying logistics is FUN.

They that go down to the sea in ships,
that do business in great waters;
These see the works of the LORD,
and his wonders in the deep.
Old September 7th, 2020, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timerover51 View Post
Greetings, Art. I am trying to figure out how Sectormaker handles Amber and Red Zones.
In my app, you can manually assign Amber or Red travel zone to any world (Unabsorbed and Forbidden for Zhodani).

In the case of Amber zone worlds, if Population < 7, I assign the Puzzle trade code, otherwise I assign the Dangerous trade code.

In the case of Red or Forbidden zone worlds, I assign the Forbidden trade code.
Old October 25th, 2020, 03:42 PM

Default Version 1.2 is out

New:
Added a major new feature. You can now search a specific era (milieu) on TravellerMap, get a list of defined sectors for that era, and import that sector's data and metadata for reference or editing.

Notes on imported data:
If any of a world's characteristics contain question marks for the codes, the characteristic is created with a value of zero instead.
World type is set to "planet" unless the Locked or Satellite remarks exist. In this case, the satellite orbit is set to the median value. Planet orbit is calculated randomly according to the standard rules.
World habitable zone value is set to normal unless the Cold, Hot, Frozen, Tropic, or Tundra remarks exist.
Alien race names and associated population percentage code in the remarks is ignored except in the case of an extinct alien race.
In the case of multiple stars, the second is assumed to be the primary companion, the third is assumed to be close, the fourth is assumed to be the close companion, etc.
Special case stars, BD (brown dwarf), BH (black hole), and NS (neutron star) are imported and displayed properly, but can't be created normally.
Style sheet data is ignored, so some items appearance may vary from TravellerMap, but this can be edited after import.
Indefinite length data such as a world's Name, Bases, or Nobility may be truncated.
Base codes are shown in the system data string on the World view and displayed on maps, but may not be valid for editing on the World view due to T5 rules for valid codes.
Imported data from Travellermap is subject to change at any time. Variations in the import data format may cause a crash or the inability to update maps. If this occurs, let me know what sector and era is causing the problem and I'll update the app.

Changes:
Removed the requirement for Cy or Mr trade codes to exist in order to display an O: owner code hex number in the Remarks.
Newly created Allegiances now indicate what sector they belong to.
Deleting a sector now deletes all allegiances created for, or imported with, that sector. Define new allegiances for each sector instead of using an existing one. If you have more than one sector with the same name, deleting one will delete allegiances for all of them.
When determining Importance for a world, "D ", "RT", "CK", "KM", "KV" base codes now count as a modifier to avoid a TravellerMap warning when sending data to TravellerMap.
If Government is Captive Government and Px or Re trade codes don't exist, we now assign a Military Rule trade code to avoid a TravellerMap warning when sending data to TravellerMap. Adding an Owner hex code manually will also remove this warning and the Military Rule code can be removed.