Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > Mongoose Traveller

Mongoose Traveller Discussion forums for the Traveller rules from Mongoose Publishing.

Old November 28th, 2019, 01:04 PM
Citizen: SOC-12

Gallery : 0
CaptRet Citizen+CaptRet Citizen+

The Core Rulebook (2nd ed.) allows for Background Skills (see page 8) at level 0 (the number you can have is equal to Education DM +3, so 0 to 6 depending on Education). Per the rulebook, these represent knowledge acquired during adolescence. There are 17 listed, and the referee can (I suppose) limit the Traveller to those likely to have been accessible on the planet of her/his upbringing (and, I suppose, make some others available - e.g. gun/slug thrower might be a common skill on a frontier world where you have to protect your herds from predators). Language is one of the choices ( I suppose you could live in a multi-lingual environment and pick up Vilani, or hear the grandparents speaking it at home).

Last edited by CaptRet; November 28th, 2019 at 07:41 PM.. Reason: added a word