Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > Classic Traveller

Classic Traveller Discussion on the granddaddy of them all, Classic Traveller!

Old March 23rd, 2017, 03:21 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 0
snrdg082102 Citizen+snrdg082102 Citizen+
Default CT JTAS 23 Space Habitats in Traveller

Morning PDT,

While searching my Traveller folders I found a draft spreadsheet related to the Space Habitats In Traveller by Chris Struble. The article is on pp. 36-41 of CT JTAS 23.

Pulling out my FFE 007 JTAS Issues 13-24 book I picked up where I had stopped work on the spreadsheet.

I was doing okay until I got to Population and Agriculture and Construction Time sections. The example given on how to determine the population that a habitat can house and feed has me stopped cold.

In the Population and Agriculture section provides an example on how to determine the population the habitat can house and feed. I've tried to figure out how the example game up with the population numbers and have failed.

Could someone who has sometime to spare and a copy of JTAS 23 please step through the Population and Agriculture section example so I can figure out how it works?

Instead of stopping I moved to the Construction Time section which raised a question.

To construct a space habitat in its stellar, a world must have at least a type A or B star port and a population of 6 or greater.

My image is that a world would probably have a space station or space port and probably space habitats before gaining a star port.

In the Honor Harrington series IIRC the world of Grayson had agricultural habitats before they regained the use of interstellar travel.

Is the star port requirement correct?

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.