Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > Agent of the Imperium

Agent of the Imperium Discussion of Marc Miller's Novel, Agent of the Imperium.

Old January 3rd, 2019, 12:26 AM
Citizen: SOC-11

Gallery : 7
gchuck Citizen
Default The 'Crazy Wave'

Rereading the book, and the talk about the 'wave' coming from the core made me think.

Could this have anything to do with the rebellion, and the collapse, in the 1120's?

The timing just seemed right.
Old January 3rd, 2019, 03:53 AM
Noble

Gallery : 0
mike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizen

I think that the wave is the empress wave, while the break is the rebellion/virus era, the black fleets could be Lucan's Imperium or it could be something else.
Quote:
“They only look; we are doing something. Our dancers bend reality to change those
predicted futures. To divert the Wave. To avoid the chaos of the Break. To repel the Black Fleets. The dancers brought you here. When you arrived, it was clear that you are
part of the second path.
Marc has the tools in T5 and the hints in AotI to alter known future history, is that what the second path is, a future where the wave, the rebellion and virus and then the black fleets are all avoided?

Wonderful stuff the not foam...
Old January 3rd, 2019, 02:01 PM
Marquis

Gallery : 9
Visit robject's Blog
robject has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike wightman View Post
Marc has the tools in T5 and the hints in AotI to alter known future history, is that what the second path is, a future where the wave, the rebellion and virus and then the black fleets are all avoided?
And a path where some of them are avoided; that is, the Lorenverse.
Tools Link