Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > General Traveller Discussions > The Fleet

The Fleet Ship designs, strategies, and tactics.

Old March 27th, 2012, 12:32 AM
Noble

Gallery : 12
Visit far-trader's Blog
far-trader Citizen

Yeah, I'd go with either or both the HG computer DM difference and B2 ECM program* and make it (in mtu anyway) a Type-S with the full electronics suite somehow retained (making it a Model 4 computer package) and maybe even the ECM program applying. That's good for at least a +2 DM (best computer at TL7 being a Model 2).

Even with the basic detached duty Type-S with a Model 1/bis it will be equal (imo) to the locals' Model 2 tech, and the ECM program can be the edge that makes it invisible to radar.

* nothing in HG suggests that computer programs from B2 are not used, in fact the computer table in HG strongly suggests programs are still used and required by listing the slots available

Original material in this post may be employed for personal non-profit use with the origin noted. Any other use is subject to permission from the author. Contact me through the private message feature of this board.

Fund Rare Bard Rants - Donate your unused rants today!

Musings of an old Trader... (my CotI Travellog) updated - May 3 2012
Old March 27th, 2012, 12:35 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 5
Visit Whipsnade's Blog
Whipsnade Citizen+Whipsnade Citizen+Whipsnade Citizen+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlobrand View Post
High Guard rules permitted a ship to apply its computer as a negative modifier to incoming attacks. Book-2 spoke of an ECM program that could disable incoming missiles, which implies some sort of ECM system controlled by the computer. Given that the screens affected radar, "defensive screens" could refer to this ECM system rather than to a deflector system.

That was always my take on the text too; that the 'defensive screens" were part of the usual ECM/ECCM systems.

Of course that may be because I'd already been using LBB:2 and HG2 for years before I first got to read Salvage on Sharmun.