Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > General Traveller Discussions > Software Solutions

Software Solutions Discussions on Traveller related software.

Old July 31st, 2009, 01:15 PM
Citizen: SOC-2

Gallery : 0
a strange aeon Citizen
Default How To Make .sec Files?

Hello, I paged through most of this forum but I couldn't find an answer to my question.

Right now, I have a Ruby script that can generate worlds, sub-sectors, and sectors using Mongoose Traveller, and then map them out using Rmagick. There's a lot of neat features, and the maps that are created have a lot of cool additions to the basic ones presented in the Core Book, like the UWP actually listed in the system hex, colored planets representing atmosphere type, and different sized planets.

It also has the ability to map an already created sector from a .sec file. My problem is I really just want to map a particular sub-sector I already created. In theory, if I had the ability to create a .sec file, which only consisted of the one filled out sub-sector and 15 voids, I'd be able to get a good map of the sub-sector I created.

However, I don't understand how to make a .sec file. The Traveller wikia leads me to believe that .sec is just a certain kind of formatting, not an actual distinct file type. So I thought maybe I could just name a .txt file .sec, but that didn't work.

Basically, I'm looking for a way to input my own sub-sector data and save it as a .sec file. I'd imagine this is possible to do, I just can't figure out how to do it!

Thanks!

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.