Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > General Traveller Discussions > Ship's Locker

Ship's Locker Submit your favorite original equipment and weapons for others to use in their own Traveller campaigns.

Old March 14th, 2015, 02:54 AM
Baron

Gallery : 37
Visit Magnus von Thornwood's Blog
Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++
Question What's your favorite BattleDress?

What it says on the tin.

I am at work and have a slew of filing to do yet, so I will keep it short. Basically it is both an aesthetics and functional question.

Me, I dig the Zhodani BD. I still remember coming around the corner at Napoleon's and seeing the Detrick cover with that sweet Zho BattleDress and that swauve Zho Noble (but at the time I saw it, merely some important dude who was looking for some problem and might be looking at me as its cause). Then I bought the book of the Grand Psionic Race and found a cool culture and some wicked cool Psi rated and usable BD.

At first I used to think the clam shell helmet was cool, but stupid since the crease would be in the way. Then I realized that I often don't spend a lot time noticing me nose so the crease might not be that distracting. Still later I realized with TL-E it probably just seals to finely to see and has optical overlays. Also, I think the faceplate design is better than the Imperial version since if the fancy optical/comp stuff goes to crap the Zho has a much wider and deeper field of view than the Impy does.

And now with Staging and QREBS the Zho can have some nice TL-E BD that can equal Imp BD in some manners (it already beats it for use of psionics.

So that is my vote and comments?
Duke of Sinta, Count Smoug, Viscount Alell, Musayid, & Nii Khu, Marquis Malory & Phlume, Baron Donu-na,
Knight Retainer of the Emperor for Salla, Inarli, & Bhuur,
Knight Retainer of the Baron Jacha, Knight Retainer of the Baronet Kiind,
Knight of the Third Imperium for Trane,
Travellers' Aid Society Member #0543.

Thornwood-Daarnulud LLC

Last edited by Magnus von Thornwood; March 14th, 2015 at 03:03 AM.. Reason: Forgot how to put in a Poll and now it isn't possible since I am a Jr Mod (on my turf only).

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.