Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > 2300/2320AD > 2300AD & 2320

2300AD & 2320 Discussion of the original 2300AD from GDW, the revised 2300 from Mongoose Publishing, or QLI's 2320AD.

Old April 28th, 2007, 05:56 AM
Citizen: SOC-9

Gallery : 0
yatima Citizen
Found a few more minor issues in Character Generation:

</font>
  • Page 19, Column 2, last paragraph, second sentence: "...their lives up that point" should this be "...their lives up to that point"?</font>
  • Page 29, Column 2, Using Prior History in character Generation, Page reference 'the mustering out table provided in 2320AD on page 00' should this be 'the mustering out table provided in 2320AD on page 20'.</font>
  • Page 34, Column 1, Starting Skills and Feats, second paragraph: "...receives a extra feat..." should this be "...receives an extra feat..."?</font>
Old April 28th, 2007, 12:01 PM
Citizen: SOC-12

Visit estar's Blog
estar has disabled reputation
Continuity problem

Hermes page 87-88 is mostly ice. Neither the map or description reflect that.

from the original.

Quote:
Mu Herculis-Hermes: The Mu Herculis star system is a trinay grouping of two M4 V
stars and a G5 IV star, Mu Herculis A. Circling Mu Herculis A are six planets, of which Hermes
is the third. Hermes has a diameter of nearly 10,000 kilometers and a surface gravity of 0.73
G. Its surface is 80 percent water, all of it ice except for a narrow equatorial band. America
and Australia cooperated in a joint colonial venture here, aided by funding from the Alberta
Farmer’s Cooperative. Initial plans were to make this an agrarian colony, but, when that failed,
a private group used the world as the site of the Mule Corporation, a maker of heavy machinery
Old April 28th, 2007, 12:47 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Visit Colin's Blog
Colin Citizen
I'll look into that when I get back to my computer.
Old April 28th, 2007, 02:38 PM

jwcarroll60 Citizen
I have a different issue. I have tried to donwload this 4 times. Each time it comes up as a corrupted or invalid file.

I really could use some help here from somone. I would like to enjoy the product I have purchased.
Old April 28th, 2007, 02:43 PM
Ancient - Absent Friend

Gallery : 18
Visit hunter's Blog
hunter Citizen
Quote:
Originally posted by jwcarroll60:
I have a different issue. I have tried to donwload this 4 times. Each time it comes up as a corrupted or invalid file.

I really could use some help here from somone. I would like to enjoy the product I have purchased.
From here or RPGNow or DTRPG?
[b]Current Projects[/b][LIST][*][url=http://www.scifigaming.com]SciFi Gaming[/url][*][url=http://www.rpgnow.com/index.php?cPath=129_7888]The SciFi20 Project[/url][*][url=http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php?products_id=96742]The SciFi20 Rules Bundle[/url] [COLOR="red"][SIZE="1"][b]New![/b][/SIZE][/COLOR][*][url=http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php?products_id=96744]The SciFi20 Rules Bundle w/Screen[/url] [COLOR="red"][SIZE="1"][b]New![/b][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[/LIST]
Old April 28th, 2007, 03:04 PM
Citizen: SOC-10

LordVan Citizen
Could we get rid of the annoying starscape/black bars on the side of the pages? It makes it a royal pain in the @$$ to print and eats up ink and toner from printers.
Old April 28th, 2007, 04:23 PM

TWILIGHT Citizen
..Or use them as 'good old sidebars'tm???
Old April 28th, 2007, 06:09 PM
Citizen: SOC-1

waltzacherl Citizen
Colin,

If you care to hear technological issues, hear are a couple that I have noted.

Thermal Optics - They should not be able to see through solid matterial. The thermal band is between 5-14 microns which corresponds to most vibrational and rotational energy levels. Most matterials are not transmissive at these wavelengths. Some exceptions are silicon, germanium, and saphire. Even a normal window is opaque to thermal radiation.

Free Electron Laser in the point defense setion - FELs are generally very large and heavy (10s of tons), and they require a source of high energy electrons. They produce x-ray radiation that is not capable of being steered by normal mirrors. (There are x-ray "mirrors" that rely on grazing incidence to diffract the x-rays, but they can only steer the beam by a fixed and limited amount.) If you were just looking for something "techy" sounding, you could say a "Q-switched, regeneratively amplified, femtosecond pulse laser."

Walt
Old April 28th, 2007, 06:12 PM

TWILIGHT Citizen
A plate of greasy anti-balsams anyone?
(just kidding)
Old April 29th, 2007, 05:21 AM
Citizen: SOC-9

yatima Citizen
A few more minor typos from my read-through:

</font>
  • Page 37, Columns 1 & 2, Signature: There seems to be a lot of repetition in the first couple of paragraphs of some variant of the sentence "A vehicle’s base signature is used as a modifier for spotting it, either visually or by electronic means." making this section a little confusing to read.</font>
  • Page 42, column 2, Scope of operations: "...and it there that the Foundation's policies..." should this be "...and it is there that the Foundation's policies..."</font>
  • Page 43, column 1, Scope of operations, paragraph 2: "...since the end of Kafer War..." should this be "...since the end of the Kafer War..."</font>
  • Page 43, column 2, "Rebco located their new organization’s offices to Wellon..." should this be "Rebco located their new organization’s offices on Wellon..." or perhaps "Rebco relocated their new organization’s offices to Wellon..."</font>
  • Page 43, column 2, inconsistent capitalization "RebCo even provides..." should this be "Rebco even provides..."</font>
  • Page 44, column 1, Mission statement: "...focused on convenient foods..." should this be "...focused on convenience foods..."</font>