Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Random Static > Random Static

Random Static This is the forum to post in if you want to discuss non-Traveller related topics. Off-topic subjects found in other forums will usually be moved here if appropriate.

Old November 17th, 2018, 02:10 PM
Citizen: SOC-7

Gallery : 0
msprager Citizen
Default Prospect movie

I saw the indie film Prospect last weekend. The movie has a limited distribution and I was lucky enough to have it show at a theater that was about an hour away from where I live.

The story synopsis is: A man and his teenage daughter encounter nonstop danger while searching for valuable gems on an alien moon.

I enjoyed the movie and found it to be a good character-driven story, although I thought there was some small issues with the flow of the storyline. The look and feel of the movie is great and Chris Caldwell and Zeek Earl, who co-wrote and directed the film, did an excellent job of world building for the universe in which the story is set.

For me, this movie captured what I have always tried to achieve in my 2300AD game universe - life on the frontier of the universe where technology may or may not help, and survival comes down to the character's tenacity and skill.

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.