Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Random Static > Random Static

Random Static This is the forum to post in if you want to discuss non-Traveller related topics. Off-topic subjects found in other forums will usually be moved here if appropriate.

Old August 14th, 2007, 10:33 PM
Citizen: SOC-13

Gallery : 2
The Thing Citizen
Default "Scorpion down": Factual expose' of a long buried truth, or festering pile of plop?

There's a new novel out called "Scorpion down" that claims to be an expose' of the hidden truth behind the loss of the USS Scorpion, a nuclear attack sub, in 1968.

The author claims that the scorpion, which the pentagon claims was killed along with her 99 man crew by a malfunctioning torpedo she carried, was in fact sunk deliberately by a soviet sub in retaliation for, the author claims, the sinking of a soviet sub 2 months before by the US navy.

The author then claims that both incidents were hushed up to avoid WW3.

I'm neutral on this, and admit I haven't read the book yet. I assume some of you out there have some military contacts so I'll ask the board: Is this book an expose' of a hidden truth or just one huge festering pile of plop?

(Boy, a poll would be nice here....)

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.