Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Random Static > Random Static

Random Static This is the forum to post in if you want to discuss non-Traveller related topics. Off-topic subjects found in other forums will usually be moved here if appropriate.

Old August 15th, 2007, 06:32 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 0
mbrinkhues Citizen
Default Stop! Or my satellite shoots

According to a german newsticker the US government plans to allow law enforcement to make use of US Airforce spysats to track smugglers, potential terrorists etc. Basically no problem in mine eyes (Germany uses ECR Tornados and F4F(1) to search for lost children or observe Anti-G8 crowds)

But since the USA is researching space weapons again, what is the next step? Will Law Enforcement get access to "Project Thor" style Kinetic Kill Sats? Granted, they will stop any smuggler dead in his tracks, literally nailing him. And ABM Lasers could give the term "to zap a speedster with a laser" a totally new meaning.

(1) I know a common ECR Tornado/F4F combination. But in that the ECR Tornado scouts for targets and the F4F drops Napalm and Cluster bombs on the target...
Engineers time estimate: The software will be done March 15th, 11:14:36.... What do you mean \"what year\"?