Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > General Traveller Discussions > The Lone Star

The Lone Star Meet, greet and socialize with your fellow Travellers in the Lone Star Lounge. Random Topics.

Old August 25th, 2008, 03:57 AM
Trent

Gallery :
Default Hard day at work? have a low berth! (traveller drinks)

In a game I'm working on, a woman comes into the tavern from traffic control after a hectic day (Ships jumping out left and right due to a coming jump shadow) and asks for a "low berth".

The scene was just setup, and the ref to a "low berth" meant a mixed drink with little sugar or caffeine that was meant to help one relax after a tough day. (I'd assume it had some sort of chocolate syrup in it as many find chocolate relaxing. hmm, maybe it could be fermented chocolate. Is that possible? Chocolate has sugar, and damn near anything with sugar in it ferments. Now I'll have someone moaning at me for encouraging kids to drink. )

So this made me think of other mixed drinks in the traveller universe. Someone out there want to come up with titles and descriptions for a variety of mixed drinks in the TU? I was thinking of one called a "defroster" which is a stimulating drink (Bookoo caffeine, nice dose of alcohol) for those who've just gotten off a ship after travelling in a low berth. It would likely be low cost to be affordable to those who travel in low berths.

How about one called a "misjump" because it's so potent (Think of a boilermaker on steroids) that if you drink it you may have no idea where you end up.

This could make a nice piece of background for traveller (Which is why I came up with the low berth in my game) so maybe people could do up a list of drinks in the traveller universe, along with (Heh heh) little known side effects of drinking them....

A drink called a "jump 7" should have alarm bells ringing in traveller player's heads, for example.

BTW, the pan galactic gargleblaster is just right out, OK?

Last edited by Trent; August 25th, 2008 at 04:15 AM..

Welcome!
To see more of this thread, please login or register.