Traveller Store CotI Features New Posts Mark Forums Read Register

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium > Other Versions of Traveller > MegaTraveller

MegaTraveller Discuss of the MegaTraveller ruleset and the Rebellion Milieu

Old June 9th, 2006, 09:53 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 1
jfetters Citizen
Yeah, Kuligaan should be window dressing at best, which is pretty much what he always has been to me.

But this makes me think of something kind of fun to twist with the character:

Have the Kuligaan in YTU behave as you are outlining, but then when he appears, someone hijacks his name and starts publishing all these anti-Imperial rants. Then Kuligaan is found and has all this fame/notoriety regarding something he never had anything to do with.

So he still is window dressing, but extra frilly. [img]smile.gif[/img]

jfetters Citizen
Yeah, Kuligaan should be window dressing at best, which is pretty much what he always has been to me.

Have the Kuligaan in YTU behave as you are outlining, but then when he appears, someone hijacks his name and starts publishing all these anti-Imperial rants. Then Kuligaan is found and has all this fame/notoriety regarding something he never had anything to do with.

jfetters Citizen

Old June 9th, 2006, 05:00 PM

Gallery : 0
Liam Devlin Citizen
Wink

Quote:
Originally posted by Jim Fetters:

=================================================
I can just imagine the lawsuit(s) in the RC-courts now for libel, slander, and "defamation of character".. [img]graemlins/file_23.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/file_23.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/file_23.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/file_23.gif[/img]

"Will the defendant (s) please rise?"

"To ye who pass us by, Go tell the Spartans, By Spartan Law, here we lie"</i>

Liam Devlin Citizen
Wink

Quote:

I can just imagine the lawsuit(s) in the RC-courts now for libel, slander, and "defamation of character".. [img]graemlins/file_23.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/file_23.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/file_23.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/file_23.gif[/img]

Liam Devlin Citizen
Wink

Quote:

Old June 27th, 2006, 09:30 AM

Golan2072 Citizen+Golan2072 Citizen+
About Dulinor's original reforms themselves, I'm trying to come up with a list that will reflect his character. First and foremost, he is a product of the Imperial system, a major part of it, and, in this variant, its head; he'll probably try to implement reforms from above, and, more importantly, try to keep the system as a whole while correcting its excesses. Apart from that, he'll probably have his own romanticized version of the Imperium and of Nobles' duties, and will try to lead by example.

His reforms, however, will invoke the masses to put pressure on him for far more radical reforms, and, more importantly, to start fighting for their own interests without waiting for reforms from above.

I was thinking about three main initial reforms:

1) A "restructuring" of the Imperial state machine, especially the military part thereof, removing "old guard" and conservative elements from office, replacing them with "progressive" and "open minded" elements, and probably launching a massive anti-corruption campaign. This will achieve two things: first, it will increase Dulinor's ability to carry out his reforms (by removing internal opposition), and second, it will reward many petty nobles and local political figures who support Dulinor, not to mention the fact that the masses are going to be very pleased to see many overtly-corrupt officials go to jail.

2) A tax reform. A major one: the taxation of individuals rather than governments, using a progressive income tax (that is, the greater your income, the higher percentage of your income you pay to the emperor); fiefed Nobles will have to pay an additional "Honorable Duty" tax - that is, Their Honorable Duty to Care for their Subjects - which will go into the creation of an Imperium-wide welfare system. This will create a more fair tax system, with the rich Nobles and big shareholders (most of them nobles too) paying most of the taxes. Dulinor himself will lead by example and donate 50% of his (post-tax) corporate-stock and fief dividends to the new IWS (Imperial Welfare Service).

3) A massive investment by the Imperium in Subsidized Traders and in comfortable mortgages (far more comfortable than in LBB2) for Free Traders; an Imperial subsidy to passage in Free and Subsidized Traders; and an Imperial subsidy of planetside small businesses. This will help "the small citizen" at the expense of the Megacorps, AND will create a system of transport which will be loyal to the Emperor and willing to do "side jobs" for him...

Stellagama Publishing - Visit our Blog, Den of the Lizard King

About Dulinor's original reforms themselves, I'm trying to come up with a list that will reflect his character. First and foremost, he is a product of the Imperial system, a major part of it, and, in this variant, its head; he'll probably try to implement reforms from above, and, more importantly, try to keep the system as a whole while correcting its excesses. Apart from that, he'll probably have his own romanticized version of the Imperium and of Nobles' duties, and will try to lead by example.

His reforms, however, will invoke the masses to put pressure on him for far more radical reforms, and, more importantly, to start fighting for their own interests without waiting for reforms from above.

1) A "restructuring" of the Imperial state machine, especially the military part thereof, removing "old guard" and conservative elements from office, replacing them with "progressive" and "open minded" elements, and probably launching a massive anti-corruption campaign. This will achieve two things: first, it will increase Dulinor's ability to carry out his reforms (by removing internal opposition), and second, it will reward many petty nobles and local political figures who support Dulinor, not to mention the fact that the masses are going to be very pleased to see many overtly-corrupt officials go to jail.

2) A tax reform. A major one: the taxation of individuals rather than governments, using a progressive income tax (that is, the greater your income, the higher percentage of your income you pay to the emperor); fiefed Nobles will have to pay an additional "Honorable Duty" tax - that is, Their Honorable Duty to Care for their Subjects - which will go into the creation of an Imperium-wide welfare system. This will create a more fair tax system, with the rich Nobles and big shareholders (most of them nobles too) paying most of the taxes. Dulinor himself will lead by example and donate 50% of his (post-tax) corporate-stock and fief dividends to the new IWS (Imperial Welfare Service).

3) A massive investment by the Imperium in Subsidized Traders and in comfortable mortgages (far more comfortable than in LBB2) for Free Traders; an Imperial subsidy to passage in Free and Subsidized Traders; and an Imperial subsidy of planetside small businesses. This will help "the small citizen" at the expense of the Megacorps, AND will create a system of transport which will be loyal to the Emperor and willing to do "side jobs" for him...

Old June 27th, 2006, 09:50 AM

jfetters Citizen
Quote:
Originally posted by Liam Devlin:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Jim Fetters:

</font>[/QUOTE][img]graemlins/file_21.gif[/img]
I don't know why, but I totally missed this when it was posted...